John Simm: The Master/Mr Saxon

Me!Me! Posts: 860
Forum Member
✭✭
I know there are threads on this-but is it really the same person? THE SUN obviously think so because in this story they say John Simm is playing The Master. We know 100% John Simm is playing Mr Saxon. It all fits doesnt it.....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Yes, there are many threads already on this!

I'm hoping someone comes along shortly and merges them all, as it's getting a little annoying now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Anyone think that Mr Saxon could just be the Master in disguise?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are numerous threads on this subject, not too far back down the pages.

Use the search, or is it beyond the realms of possibility that this may have already been addressed - you know, the biggest news about the 3rd series so far.
  • Me!Me! Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addy2Hotty wrote:
    There are numerous threads on this subject, not too far back down the pages.

Use the search, or is it beyond the realms of possibility that this may have already been addressed - you know, the biggest news about the 3rd series so far.

Excuse me im perfectly well aware of how to use the search button this thread was in relation to the sun article published online-see the link above. I wanted to ask a question relating to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me! wrote:
    Excuse me im perfectly well aware of how to use the search button this thread was in relation to the sun article published online-see the link above. I wanted to ask a question relating to that.

ask away Me! :)
  • Me!Me! Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you! Well actually i think it was answered in the whole discussion really if the sun were right in saying saxon is the master. i was a tad confused as i heard reports js was saxon then the sun says the master...but its all been cleared up in this waste of space thread. :rolleyes:

but thanks anyway and thanks to those who posted and cleared it up for me! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me! wrote:
    thank you! Well actually i think it was answered in the whole discussion really if the sun were right in saying saxon is the master. i was a tad confused as i heard reports js was saxon then the sun says the master...but its all been cleared up in this waste of space thread. :rolleyes:

but thanks anyway and thanks to those who posted and cleared it up for me! :D

John Simm has been confirmed as playing Mr Saxon but as to who or what he is he could only comment in a radio interview that he was not allowed to say. speculation amongst the fans has been gathering pace on the strength of other interviews he has given, comments from his LoM co stars on the part he is playing plus The Sun article.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Simm has been confirmed as playing Mr Saxon but as to who or what he is he could only comment in a radio interview that he was not allowed to say. speculation amongst the fans has been gathering pace on the strength of other interviews he has given, comments from his LoM co stars on the part he is playing plus The Sun article.

John Simm might be the Master?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?111

Surely not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addy2Hotty wrote:
    John Simm might be the Master?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?111

Surely not.

thats right. he might be :D
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching the repeat of Torchwood Ep 12 last night, i have to say i didn't realise the first time round how many times the 'Vote Saxon' posters are in shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote:
    After watching the repeat of Torchwood Ep 12 last night, i have to say i didn't realise the first time round how many times the 'Vote Saxon' posters are in shot.

Now you mention it, I wondered about that when I first watched it and forgot about it until now.

Could he be in Torchwood as well? Would be interesting, the Master in Torchwood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food for thought -

MISTER SAXON is an anagram of:

-Master on Six
    -Master is on X
    -Master is Nox (perhaps we'll meet a charater called Nox!)

Or maybe I need to keep taking the tablets! :p
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addy2Hotty wrote:
    Now you mention it, I wondered about that when I first watched it and forgot about it until now.

Could he be in Torchwood as well? Would be interesting, the Master in Torchwood.

Well even Billis himself was never really explained in Torchwood - as to who he really was, but i believe all those theories have been discussed to death in other threads some time ago, so won't bother going into that here.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Back in the William Hartnall era story The Time Meddler there was a renegade Time Lord posing as a Saxon monk. It could be that this Time Lord was the Master or that this is the old enemy that the Doctor has to face.

Another possibility is that The Master and The Monk are working together.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote:
    Back in the William Hartnall era story The Time Meddler there was a renegade Time Lord posing as a Saxon monk. It could be that this Time Lord was the Master or that this is the old enemy that the Doctor has to face.

Another possibility is that The Master and The Monk are working together.

So the Meddling Monk was supposed to be portraying a Saxon monk?

Then that could mean that Saxon could be the Meddling Monk. Was that just from the Hartnell era as we're supposed to be expecting a return of an old enemy from the Patrick Troughton era?...Or the word Saxon is a red herring and was used to make us deliberately think that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    mysticegg wrote:
    Master is Nox
    A DW/SG crossover?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A DW/SG crossover?

Perhaps the Master is a Furling?

We never saw them.
  • donlothariodonlothario Posts: 5,289
    Forum Member
    Addy2Hotty wrote:
    Perhaps the Master is a Furling?

We never saw them.

Yes we did! We saw them in that anniversary episode on Sky - spoilered just in case.
    They were little hamster/humanoid lookalikes in the episode where the cast dressed up at one point as the Wizard of Oz characters.
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysticegg wrote:
    Food for thought -

MISTER SAXON is an anagram of:

-Master on Six
    -Master is on X
    -Master is Nox (perhaps we'll meet a charater called Nox!)

Or maybe I need to keep taking the tablets! :p

Even better was the one I discovered a while back :
    Master No Six

G
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    Master No Six

G

given the title of episode 13 I would be very surprised if it wasn't you know who that turns up!
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another anagram of Mister Saxon is "exits On Mars". Maybe the name just refers to John Simm's last job!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    Master No Six

G

Sounds good but there have already been 6 actors who have played the master :D I suppose it depends if you accept the McGann tv movie as canon
  • SladenSladen Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    VERENCE wrote:
    Sounds good but there have already been 6 actors who have played the master :D I suppose it depends if you accept the McGann tv movie as canon

Number 6? Hmmm....is the Master being held PRISONER somewhere?

Verence, the movie makes good canon material when you just keep the volume off so that you cannot hear anything McGann says (although I liked his turn as the Doctor) ...especially now that we have had "girlfriend Rose" as a companion thereafter...
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VERENCE wrote:

That's actors rather than characters though.

How I see it

Master 1 - Delgado
    Master 2 - Pratt/Beevers
    Master 3 - Ainley
    Master 4 - Roberts
    Master 5
    - Jacobi?
    Master 6 -
    Simm ?

G
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VERENCE wrote:

Of course the McGann movie is canon! Gordon Tipple, however, only had a non-moving, non-speaking cameo in the TV Movie, so he can hardly be counted as an incarnation of the Master. The five actors to actually move and speak as the Master on television are:
    1. Roger Delgado
    2. Peter Pratt
    3. Geoffrey Beevers
    4. Anthony Ainley
    5. Eric Roberts
This discussion has been closed.