Options

BB Canada 1: Episode 2, Live Eviction (28/2/13) 3-4am GMT

13»

Comments

• Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its only been two episodes and I've already enjoyed it more than the last few seasons of BBUS. Things felt way too rushed this week by cramming it all into two episodes, but I feel like the cast is very interesting and the episodes will show us way more of their actual personalities.

One thing I became fed up with in the US version is that all the DR stuff seems so fake and OTT that no one really feels natural anymore. So far it seems the Canadian DR stuff is a lot more natural and allows us to get to know the characters better rather than having someone like Dan shout at us for two minutes all these cheesy lines about how someone's going home.

Also, the handcuff thing was a nice touch as well. I just feel like this is how BBUS should be with a bit more personality injected into it because it all feels too manufactured now and that's why I feel like I'm going through the motions when I watch each new season. Hopefully they can iron out the few hiccups they had in terms of revealing things too early in the episodes and this could be my favourite season under these BB rules in a very long time.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    608,000 for episode 2 which aired on Slice only, which broke all sorts of records.

http://local-news.jtn-network.com/big-brother-canada-blows-the-roof-off-slicetm/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    608,000 for episode 2 which aired on Slice only, which broke all sorts of records.

http://local-news.jtn-network.com/big-brother-canada-blows-the-roof-off-slicetm/

that is great numbers for a cable channel in canada. great start!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    Hmm just watched. They all do seem either like 8 year olds trying to play the game, or have no idea.

Well, after 14 seasons of watching the American version, they all claim to know how to play the game. But they've clearly disregarded the psychological toll the game can have on each person. Unlike many other reality shows, this is the only one where you're in very close contact with everyone 24/7, and the claustrophobic environment of the house (in the sense that you can't leave and there's cameras and microphones) can make you go leery. Not to mention the twists that take place at any time. They think they understand what it means to "Expect The Unexpected." They don't. At least them having a breakdown makes for great TV, lol.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the "unexpected" is the daily toll of living in such an environment. Certainly format wise I don't think there has been anything truly unexpected in BBUSA since the twin twist.