Options

Britney Spears Work Bitch Official Music Video Premieres 1st Oct

13»

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Didn't her knee injury happen when she was filming the video for Outrageous? It was supposed to be a single but the release got cancelled because of that IIRC.

Correct. I'm sure that she was also supposed to be touring at that time as well.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    what are people talking about ...... this is an amazing video .... her dancing seems on point and her face seems connected.. she even schmizes!! Her best video since Womanizer!
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a functioning human being! Ergo the video is amazeballs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving the video. I think it's crazy that people seem to be expecting her to dance like it's still 2001 or something. She's a thirtysomething mother of two who had one of the most public mental breakdowns. She's gone through a lot since her days of hardcore dancing but people seem to have really unrealistic expectation of her.

I think she looks stunning in her video - the best she's looked in years, and I thought her moves were great. I'm excited for the album! :)
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Zora wrote: »
    I'm loving the video. I think it's crazy that people seem to be expecting her to dance like it's still 2001 or something. She's a thirtysomething mother of two who had one of the most public mental breakdowns. She's gone through a lot since her days of hardcore dancing but people seem to have really unrealistic expectation of her.

I think she looks stunning in her video - the best she's looked in years, and I thought her moves were great. I'm excited for the album! :)

This level of dancing is acceptable. The kind she did on her last two tours was not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who finds the fake accent grating? :o
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I don't love the video, and wish she was dancing more, but I hadn't realise that there is a much bigger issue that is bothering me now much more than any silly video...

I had thought that she seemed fine & was back to being a fully responsible adult, but this article makes me highly uncomfortable for Britney if she is still under conservatory -like it says:
    http://www.laineygossip.com/Britney-Spears-says-she-was-forced-to-be-too-sexy-in-Work-Bitch-video/28250

Doesn't it seem that she is well enough to make her own decisions by now?
    Did she do this video without realising she would not like the result but at least was fully into the idea at first, or has she really lost all control on her life & career untill juge realises that she seems OK?

I quite like the video even if this is one of the only Britney tracks I don't particularly like. However this interview kinda annoys me. To insinuate that the content of her videos/performances/songs has been sexed up recently, compared to before is just rubbish. Britney has always been about sex - it was her whole appeal. She was the one that wanted the schoolgirl outfit in HMBOMT, and what about Oops video, and not forgetting Slave 4 U and all that stuff. Her videos (whilst incorporating way more dance) have always sold her as a sex symbol and she's been doing sexy videos since she became a mum too. You can't record songs like If you seek Amy and then complain about being sexualised.

Obviously the issue is that she's under someone else's control who tells her what to record/video etc but we dont know the extent of that. But it's not like Work Bitch is something out of the ordinary for Britney. Hopefully if she's uncomfortable now then she should be able to go in the direction she wants, let's hope some of more personal tracks we were promised from the album materialise soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    This level of dancing is acceptable. The kind she did on her last two tours was not.

Well, we're talking about her new video and not tours which happened two and four years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness! People are so picky nowadays with their favorite artists. Can any artist do anything right or please them all? LOL.

Britney looks amazing really good. She looked good Femme Fatale era but this is major! Its like shes turned back time! 9.5 from me.

Hope the song slays the charts!
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't love the video, and wish she was dancing more, but I hadn't realise that there is a much bigger issue that is bothering me now much more than any silly video...

I had thought that she seemed fine & was back to being a fully responsible adult, but this article makes me highly uncomfortable for Britney if she is still under conservatory -like it says:
    http://www.laineygossip.com/Britney-Spears-says-she-was-forced-to-be-too-sexy-in-Work-Bitch-video/28250

Doesn't it seem that she is well enough to make her own decisions by now?
    Did she do this video without realising she would not like the result but at least was fully into the idea at first, or has she really lost all control on her life & career untill juge realises that she seems OK?
    I think people misunderstand what a conservatorship is. It doesn't mean a person has no control over their life and career at all.

The thing we have to understand is being Britney Spears is not like being everyone else. She's a multimillion dollar industry with people's livelihoods depending on. In a position that I think a hell of a lot of people would struggle with (and as we've seen from many a star that big... have done).

From what it appears is that really her dad still has control of the finances, which like I say for someone in Britney's position even the sanest of us could crumble under that responsibility let alone someone who had a bit of a breakdown.

I mean although because of the conservatorship Kevin still legally has full custody of the kids they do by all accounts pretty much share the load 50/50 which does kinda suggest that Britney is trusted to be in control and make decisions for not only her life but those of her children. That she a fine and fully responsible adult.

But 99.9% of fine and fully responsible adults aren't Britney Spears Ltd and maybe that is the burden it is considered best wise not to give to her and the reason for the continued conservatorship.
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    I think people misunderstand what a conservatorship is. It doesn't mean a person has no control over their life and career at all.

The thing we have to understand is being Britney Spears is not like being everyone else. She's a multimillion dollar industry with people's livelihoods depending on. In a position that I think a hell of a lot of people would struggle with (and as we've seen from many a star that big... have done).

From what it appears is that really her dad still has control of the finances, which like I say for someone in Britney's position even the sanest of us could crumble under that responsibility let alone someone who had a bit of a breakdown.

I mean although because of the conservatorship Kevin still legally has full custody of the kids they do by all accounts pretty much share the load 50/50 which does kinda suggest that Britney is trusted to be in control and make decisions for not only her life but those of her children. That she a fine and fully responsible adult.

But 99.9% of fine and fully responsible adults aren't Britney Spears Ltd and maybe that is the burden it is considered best wise not to give to her and the reason for the continued conservatorship.

Very well put. Most see Britney under conservatorship as her having to ask permission to make a cup of tea or go to the bathroom. That is nowhere near the case. She is a brand, a business and a high powered celebrity, so she needs to be managed in her finances. Her breakdown was escalated by people taking advantage of her and her wealth. She says this in her "For the Record" documentary. Apparently they had her spending money like there was no tomorrow on frivalous things.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well put. Most see Britney under conservatorship as her having to ask permission to make a cup of tea or go to the bathroom. That is nowhere near the case. She is a brand, a business and a high powered celebrity, so she needs to be managed in her finances. Her breakdown was escalated by people taking advantage of her and her wealth. She says this in her "For the Record" documentary. Apparently they had her spending money like there was no tomorrow on frivalous things.

I hope that it's really what it is about.
    She seems perfectly sane right now, which is why I don't get why she still needs such a thing... But I suppose we can see the positive side of things.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that it's really what it is about.
    She seems perfectly sane right now, which is why I don't get why she still needs such a thing... :eek:
    But that's my point. You don't 'get it' because (forgive me on being presumptive) you (like most of us) are a pretty average, anonymous jo on a pretty average wage surrounded by people who live pretty similars lives.

Britney is a millionaire superstar of who million dollar business decisions ride on every day. When she has the conservatorship removed she's not going to be given the burdon of managing a £300 a month mortgage and credit card with a £1,500 limit she landed with being responsible for a multi-million dollar industry. That's something that could destroy the sanest of us. And as history has proven has destroyed many a person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song really grows on you I think I love it now!!

Britney looks amazing (IMO) the best she has in years, I hope they put the 'clean' version to the video soon as I don't think I've seen it on tv before 10pm
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    But that's my point. You don't 'get it' because (forgive me on being presumptive) you (like most of us) are a pretty average, anonymous jo on a pretty average wage surrounded by people who live pretty similars lives.

Britney is a millionaire superstar of who million dollar business decisions ride on every day. When she has the conservatorship removed she's not going to be given the burdon of managing a £300 a month mortgage and credit card with a £1,500 limit she landed with being responsible for a multi-million dollar industry. That's something that could destroy the sanest of us. And as history has proven has destroyed many a person.

What I mean is that she could perfectly decide to leave the control of Spears Ltd to someone (her dad or whoever else acting like the corporation CEO) if she feels it's a burden, but I wish that, by now, she were given the choice to do so instead of not having the choice.
    You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am entitled to mine, however misinformed you feel it is...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Mega surprised to find smash hits music Channel playing the video during the day wasn't it meant to be banned
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mega surprised to find smash hits music Channel playing the video during the day wasn't it meant to be banned

Maybe the idea of banning it was only for promotion. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It does look like they've edited the video slightly so it must be appropriate for the day now. That and they've used the 'clean' edit of the song (removing 'B*tch' and subbing it for another 'work' which unfortunately makes it sound like Britney is barking!) 'You better work work' :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Q_KJFP980
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its been edited as 'Work' i saw it on the hits earlier on.