Options

Music channels

Comments

• Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The name of the programme is basically designed to get people to watch. I'm not quite sure why people would want a Geordie Shore Warm up or Warm down to be honest though.

I'm not sure who decides what is PG and what is not but Britney's crminal was banned in the day because of guns. Kesha's die young was not banned in the day despite of guns.

Surprised for the show being a "warm up" for an MTV show, I wonder why they never had "warm ups" on MTV Rocks/Base/Hits etc but keep it confined to MTV Dance? As for "the official dance chart" with Justin Bieber "Sorry" being #1 is an utter joke - I never thought someone like him being #1 in a "dance" chart (this was on MTV Hits) - yep and as previously mentioned the labels are in control of these charts - where is the real and alternative dance on these channels?

As for the PG guidance in videos - when you watch these channels its a one rule for a generation and another for the next - you'll probably see videos that were censored for us still played but yet most videos these days seems they get away with it. Example Eminem - Stan (as far as I know this video will still have the heavy edit til this day) but have an artist like Rihanna on it'll be aired without much edit (or as you mentioned one of Britney's videos is censored Criminal, i'm not sure if it was you a while back but something about one of Britney's earlier songs is edited "everytime" on another channel)

Also as for the PG rated - it should still be applied to adverts during the day from MTV, I am more surprised they can show people close to knocking their block off (causing mayhem) on a programme thats on after 9pm on during the day - I guess OFCOM sees no wrong in this, yet Ex On The Beach is repeated during the day :o:confused: - standards fallen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitbull has his own countdown on Clubland tomorrow! Deary me. Good job i'm working.

MTV Dance have an Old Skool countdown on tonight. It's like watching Clubland Classics but with better sound and picture :)

MTV Live HD scraped barrels this week - repeated "say it in song" :o - isn't MTV Live meant to be a Live (gigs/concert) channel or is this another "experiment" for MTV?

Pitbull on Clubland - yep Clubland of yesteryear has gone

MTV Dance -Old Skool countdown? It'll be the same songs they had on previous times

VH1 - Noddy Holder's Christmas - same songs every year but with possibly update of him speaking (I wonder if he is paid yearly to come in for the updates), the only time of the year where VH1 feels its gone back to its roots featuring Noddy Holder of Slade - rest of year its back to modern crap with repeated ballads and cake!

VH1 - why doesn't VH1 show old skool countdowns from MTV Dance/MTV Base? Channel is lacking in something new and refreshing its just tired now (even with revamp)
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Surprised for the show being a "warm up" for an MTV show, I wonder why they never had "warm ups" on MTV Rocks/Base/Hits etc but keep it confined to MTV Dance? As for "the official dance chart" with Justin Bieber "Sorry" being #1 is an utter joke - I never thought someone like him being #1 in a "dance" chart (this was on MTV Hits) - yep and as previously mentioned the labels are in control of these charts - where is the real and alternative dance on these channels?

As for the PG guidance in videos - when you watch these channels its a one rule for a generation and another for the next - you'll probably see videos that were censored for us still played but yet most videos these days seems they get away with it. Example Eminem - Stan (as far as I know this video will still have the heavy edit til this day) but have an artist like Rihanna on it'll be aired without much edit (or as you mentioned one of Britney's videos is censored Criminal, i'm not sure if it was you a while back but something about one of Britney's earlier songs is edited "everytime" on another channel)

Also as for the PG rated - it should still be applied to adverts during the day from MTV, I am more surprised they can show people close to knocking their block off (causing mayhem) on a programme thats on after 9pm on during the day - I guess OFCOM sees no wrong in this, yet Ex On The Beach is repeated during the day :o:confused: - standards fallen?

Bieber is currently number 20 in the Clubland chart. On their channel, the fan girl that presents says "We got it wrong about this guy" or something like that. He's popular right now, even Clubland are on the bandwagon.

All the channels are currently cock a hoop about Missy Elliott's return. I have no real opinion on her but it's clearly a label thing that she is getting hyped up on all channels - MTV, Bauer etc - massive promotion going on for her.

MTV edited Everytime and Gimme More on Britney Official Top 20 but played the whole of Everytime on VH1, another channel of MTV ownership. Criminal was edited becasue of the guns, Kesha wasn't and i've seen guns in other videos. It's all down to certain artists, labels and possibly individual choices at the channels.

MTV are a tossed salad. If they see a tragic world event, like refugees, they support it. IF they want to talk Aids or whatever, they'll get Tinie Tempah presenting it - in truth, MTV don't care. If they did, they'd not encourage Geordie Shore sleeping around. MTV basically just want to look good.
    MTV Live HD scraped barrels this week - repeated "say it in song" :o - isn't MTV Live meant to be a Live (gigs/concert) channel or is this another "experiment" for MTV?

Pitbull on Clubland - yep Clubland of yesteryear has gone

MTV Dance -Old Skool countdown? It'll be the same songs they had on previous times

VH1 - Noddy Holder's Christmas - same songs every year but with possibly update of him speaking (I wonder if he is paid yearly to come in for the updates), the only time of the year where VH1 feels its gone back to its roots featuring Noddy Holder of Slade - rest of year its back to modern crap with repeated ballads and cake!

VH1 - why doesn't VH1 show old skool countdowns from MTV Dance/MTV Base? Channel is lacking in something new and refreshing its just tired now (even with revamp)

MTV Live always strays from what they say they are going to be. It's MTV,. they change their minds on what is right and what is wrong all the time.

The Noddy Holder/Bunton/Pixie charts are the same repeats. They'll change the odd video, chuck out a lesser known artist if a bigger name releases a Xmas track. :o

MTV Xmas is currently showing 20 Festive Favourites - just tuned in and so far we've had Girls Aloud - Jump, Beyonce - Single Ladies and Katy Perry - Firework. It's really got me in the festive mood. ;-)

Must say that again i've watched very little in the past week. It's been pretty dead.

POSITIVES ALERT

Oh my word - Cascada Last Christmas has just come on Festive Favourites - it's Christmas related. It's number 11 and I know in Xmas Party Disco it was number 11 too, so I wonder if they've put the wrong programme on. MTV Xmas do seem to play a bigger selection than Blissmas, Heart and Magic.

VH1 - played a song i'd never heard of the other day - Brilliant Christmas song from Florin Street Band - what Christmas songs should be like.

They received no backing from any labels, so it's no surprise that it didn't get anywhere or get any airtime - it's the first time i've seen it and to VH1's credit, they gave it airtime. It was number 46? in one of their charts and a refreshing change from
    the overplayed songs. http://www.florinstreet.com/ May not be to everybodies tastes but a great effort.

If only it was every month we could say a music channel playing something was 'refreshing'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bieber is currently number 20 in the Clubland chart. On their channel, the fan girl that presents says "We got it wrong about this guy" or something like that. He's popular right now, even Clubland are on the bandwagon.

All the channels are currently cock a hoop about Missy Elliott's return. I have no real opinion on her but it's clearly a label thing that she is getting hyped up on all channels - MTV, Bauer etc - massive promotion going on for her.

MTV edited Everytime and Gimme More on Britney Official Top 20 but played the whole of Everytime on VH1, another channel of MTV ownership. Criminal was edited becasue of the guns, Kesha wasn't and i've seen guns in other videos. It's all down to certain artists, labels and possibly individual choices at the channels.

MTV are a tossed salad. If they see a tragic world event, like refugees, they support it. IF they want to talk Aids or whatever, they'll get Tinie Tempah presenting it - in truth, MTV don't care. If they did, they'd not encourage Geordie Shore sleeping around. MTV basically just want to look good.

MTV Live always strays from what they say they are going to be. It's MTV,. they change their minds on what is right and what is wrong all the time.

The Noddy Holder/Bunton/Pixie charts are the same repeats. They'll change the odd video, chuck out a lesser known artist if a bigger name releases a Xmas track. :o

MTV Xmas is currently showing 20 Festive Favourites - just tuned in and so far we've had Girls Aloud - Jump, Beyonce - Single Ladies and Katy Perry - Firework. It's really got me in the festive mood. ;-)

Must say that again i've watched very little in the past week. It's been pretty dead.

POSITIVES ALERT

Oh my word - Cascada Last Christmas has just come on Festive Favourites - it's Christmas related. It's number 11 and I know in Xmas Party Disco it was number 11 too, so I wonder if they've put the wrong programme on. MTV Xmas do seem to play a bigger selection than Blissmas, Heart and Magic.

VH1 - played a song i'd never heard of the other day - Brilliant Christmas song from Florin Street Band - what Christmas songs should be like.

They received no backing from any labels, so it's no surprise that it didn't get anywhere or get any airtime - it's the first time i've seen it and to VH1's credit, they gave it airtime. It was number 46? in one of their charts and a refreshing change from
    the overplayed songs. http://www.florinstreet.com/ May not be to everybodies tastes but a great effort.

If only it was every month we could say a music channel playing something was 'refreshing'.

Justin Bieber & Clubland - does it really gel well? From the Clubland I knew of the beginning of the 00's with likes of Scooter to me its a big embarassment of what the label has become (inc MTV Dance here)

Missy Elliott - I liked the remix "4 my people" (Basement Jaxx), I think she isn't that bad, this from a guy that would change the channel if she appeared on! (my music changed after being too poppy in 00's), I wish they play Beep me 911 more on MTV Base/Kiss than the usual

MTV/Britney - so Everytime was edited for the offical chart but VH1 played it in full :confused:

MTV backing campaigns/ads - I did notice that one recently with Tinie Tempah - MTV is very confusing and exactly - seems your encouraging it on a programme yet your against it? I remember I did catch the end of one of Geordie Shore (not sure what had exactly happened but I will presume possibility of fighting/violence, they condoned it at end but yet you show it? Would it just be easier to take it out? But wait its scripted!)

MTV Live - I wish they make up their minds on what it stands for! I get the point its another HD channel but since its control from Poland to UK its gone all Pete Tong really, obsessed with X Factor acts (like MTV Hits/Music) and has the habit of doing countdowns now too (another channel which will soon become another countdown channel in future with added HD quality!) and is the ONLY MTV channel teleshopping FREE!

MTV Xmas - I thought it was a channel only for Crimbo songs, oh wait its another excuse to go modern again! If that channel had been under VH1 Classic would they really get away with it?

VH1 plays an act (I ain't heard of them) as mentioned but good they played something different and for Christmas, can this channel do it more often? Actually venture out than the usual playlists it sticks to year in year out?
  • Options
    ringleaderlonringleaderlon Posts: 2,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How desparate are the music channels for new ideas:

Right now 4 music - 10 Insta-folk you need to follow - featuring Prince George.
    The Box - Videos Bieber dropped on Purpose - WTF does that mean?
    Heat - 10 Pop Pets That Are Nailing Fame?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Bieber & Clubland - does it really gel well? From the Clubland I knew of the beginning of the 00's with likes of Scooter to me its a big embarassment of what the label has become (inc MTV Dance here)

Missy Elliott - I liked the remix "4 my people" (Basement Jaxx), I think she isn't that bad, this from a guy that would change the channel if she appeared on! (my music changed after being too poppy in 00's), I wish they play Beep me 911 more on MTV Base/Kiss than the usual

MTV/Britney - so Everytime was edited for the offical chart but VH1 played it in full :confused:

MTV backing campaigns/ads - I did notice that one recently with Tinie Tempah - MTV is very confusing and exactly - seems your encouraging it on a programme yet your against it? I remember I did catch the end of one of Geordie Shore (not sure what had exactly happened but I will presume possibility of fighting/violence, they condoned it at end but yet you show it? Would it just be easier to take it out? But wait its scripted!)

MTV Live - I wish they make up their minds on what it stands for! I get the point its another HD channel but since its control from Poland to UK its gone all Pete Tong really, obsessed with X Factor acts (like MTV Hits/Music) and has the habit of doing countdowns now too (another channel which will soon become another countdown channel in future with added HD quality!) and is the ONLY MTV channel teleshopping FREE!

MTV Xmas - I thought it was a channel only for Crimbo songs, oh wait its another excuse to go modern again! If that channel had been under VH1 Classic would they really get away with it?

VH1 plays an act (I ain't heard of them) as mentioned but good they played something different and for Christmas, can this channel do it more often? Actually venture out than the usual playlists it sticks to year in year out?

Clubland are jumping on the Bieber bandwagon. They'll be playing Adele next.

The rest of it us all MTV - they are marginally better than Bauer who haven't had a good idea since 2009.

All Bauer. Surprise surprise.

I can only assume the purpose part must be a name of one of his songs. I know he one called 'Sorry' but maybe he has one called 'Purpose'?
  • Options
    JVDJVD Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage TV has a brand new look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VIVA is back to Bricky vision . picture quality looks shitty again now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVD wrote: »

I like their new look - simple and sleek, I think they too have now gone widescreen(?) (full screen), it maybe my imagination but the picture quality seems better (I could be wrong)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bauer have lost it - especially the pet thing! LOL Videos Bieber dropped on purpose - really is this the depths The Box is heading? Just bring back selections on these channels we can get a bit of sanity back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New look? - the logo is different at least it's much smaller, the info box is just a boring white box and the idents before the shows are the same.

Could have done much more.

The videos are being played in 4:3 on a 16:9 screen with a big black box either side
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clubland are jumping on the Bieber bandwagon. They'll be playing Adele next.

The rest of it us all MTV - they are marginally better than Bauer who haven't had a good idea since 2009.

Clubland and Adele don't encourage it now - heck wasn't that another channel that has Tweedy on it? :o

The MTV channels maybe a bit better than Bauer but lets not kid ourselves here but when you have the likes of Cheryl/Bieber appearing on MTV Dance/Base there is something wrong there! MTV Dance seems likes it goes through phases - one minute is an actual dance channel then goes half and half - r&b and dance (devil years) and is now playing "poppy" dance ie Bieber can these channels just go back to their roots if not why not reduce broadcast hours?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They needed a change after being the same for so long.
    VIVA is back to Bricky vision . picture quality looks shitty again now.

Looks ok on mine?
    Clubland and Adele don't encourage it now - heck wasn't that another channel that has Tweedy on it? :o

The MTV channels maybe a bit better than Bauer but lets not kid ourselves here but when you have the likes of Cheryl/Bieber appearing on MTV Dance/Base there is something wrong there! MTV Dance seems likes it goes through phases - one minute is an actual dance channel then goes half and half - r&b and dance (devil years) and is now playing "poppy" dance ie Bieber can these channels just go back to their roots if not why not reduce broadcast hours?

Cheryl still appears occasionally. Kesha has been on a lot lately. CS Dance have played Cheryl and Adele a lot for years. Adele tends to be mixes.

MTV Xmas - 00's programme earlier had Daniel Bedingfield - If you're not the one and Emma Bunton - Downtown. Not sure if they were Xmas songs :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not in widescreen, there still a stupid black border all the way around, same music jingle, if you going to revamp do it all or nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not in widescreen, there still a stupid black border all the way around, same music jingle, if you going to revamp do it all or nothing.

Is this Vintage TV your speaking of? If its been revamped probably being extra careful with it - look at the mess at times with MTV/Bauer channels, revamp it have issues then pull it off screen and then restart it without issue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cheryl still appears occasionally. Kesha has been on a lot lately. CS Dance have played Cheryl and Adele a lot for years. Adele tends to be mixes.

MTV Xmas - 00's programme earlier had Daniel Bedingfield - If you're not the one and Emma Bunton - Downtown. Not sure if they were Xmas songs :blush:

CS Dance - I don't mind remixes to a degree on a dance channel as long as they don't go full hog with featuring the artists on a loop (with no remix) but a dance channel should be a dance channel covering well ... mostly dance artists none of this Bieber/Tweedy tosh!

MTV Xmas - I don't get the channel but if its meant to be a Christmas channel then just stick to the music of Christmas and again not go full hog just to be "modern" - it baffles me how they get away with branding a channel yet venture off course!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bliss has totally disappeared off of my Sky EPG!!!!
  • Options
    Phil_BaggersPhil_Baggers Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bliss has totally disappeared off of my Sky EPG!!!!
    Same. Even tried tuning it in through other channels and all I got was a blank screen. Maybe they've shut down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS Dance - I don't mind remixes to a degree on a dance channel as long as they don't go full hog with featuring the artists on a loop (with no remix) but a dance channel should be a dance channel covering well ... mostly dance artists none of this Bieber/Tweedy tosh!

MTV Xmas - I don't get the channel but if its meant to be a Christmas channel then just stick to the music of Christmas and again not go full hog just to be "modern" - it baffles me how they get away with branding a channel yet venture off course!

CS Dance have a lot of pop and often not remixes. In The Mix Rihanna has been on two days running now..

These Christmas channels have Christmas Party themes so in the end play anything under the guise of Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Even tried tuning it in through other channels and all I got was a blank screen. Maybe they've shut down

Totally unexpected. No warning and no sign of any suggestion of closure anywhere.

Strange timing as well consider they were full swing into 'Blissmas'.

They aren't on Sky's online TV Guide either but are on here http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/bliss
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CS Dance have a lot of pop and often not remixes. In The Mix Rihanna has been on two days running now..

These Christmas channels have Christmas Party themes so in the end play anything under the guise of Christmas.

They are crap then.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The @BlissTVofficial Twitter account has been closed so it looks like Sony/CSC have pulled the plug on the channel.

Maybe we're finally reaching the point where music channels are becoming unviable.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The @BlissTVofficial Twitter account has been closed so it looks like Sony/CSC have pulled the plug on the channel.

Maybe we're finally reaching the point where music channels are becoming unviable.

Shame really, as I did like them playing the uncensored version of Rocking around the Christmas tree.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame really, as I did like them playing the uncensored version of Rocking around the Christmas tree.

I am quite sure the Smooth Christmas radio station plays that song?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow very shocked to see Bliss gone , totally unexpected especially since it temporary rebranded as Blissmas. I said we'd start seeing closures and it's happening. Placing bets now who's next ?