Options

Thanks Digital Spy for spoiling the ending for anyone catching up...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    The BBC aren't usually as open about things as they were with Clara's exit. I guess there could be a couple of reasons for this. Maybe they wanted to lesson the shock of her death for some viewers, particularly kids, as some people do seem rather trigger happy when it comes to dialling offcom these days, or maybe they wanted to drum up a bit more publicity for the show in the face of falling overnight ratings.

Or deliberate misdirection in the knowledge that she isn't really dead?
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Or deliberate misdirection in the knowledge that she isn't really dead?

I love Clara but I'll be ruddy annoyed if she doesn't stay dead this time :)
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Why on earth you being rude to me?
    A reminder of why i don't post here a lot because of unnecessary rudeness by people such as yourself. You don't make this place easier for outsiders.

How is that rude? :confused:
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    How is that rude? :confused:

It isn't rude really, but so many users get irritated when their grammar or punctuation is corrected that it's a forum rule not to mention it. I think that's wrong, myself, but it is what it is.

In the grand scheme of things I suppose bad grammar isn't important as long as the meaning is clear.

It's been a while since I've seen a post here with grammar that was so bad that I didn't read it. It's the "stream of consciousness" posts entirely without punctuation that are so difficult to read that you think the poster wasn't bothered about the reader that I find irritating.

"Of" instead of 've (to shorten "have") is, sadly, one of the more common errors.
  • Options
    Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see Saturday's show live as I was working. Now I know I should have avoided ds until I caught up but they at least usually keep the ending to within the story... Not in the headline!

Looking forward to a new companion though....

Its kinda ignorant thinking there wouldn't be a headline spoiling it.
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im out Saturday so I'm totally avoiding the site anytime after 6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its kinda ignorant thinking there wouldn't be a headline spoiling it.

How is it "ignorant" to think there wouldn't be headline spoiling it before the show has even aired?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it "ignorant" to think there wouldn't be headline spoiling it before the show has even aired?

I'm not talking about headlines before the show aired :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not talking about headlines before the show aired :/

But that is exactly what DS did last Saturday and what this thread is about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that is exactly what DS did last Saturday and what this thread is about.

Its not what exactly this thread is about, its about someone looking at major Doctor Who headliners before he even caught up on the episode and this was after it aired :o