Options

are there any celebs that are postiverole models for the youngsters of today??

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink is a great role model. She is passionate about animal rights and I love her for that. Fur hags (step up Jennifer Lopez) could learn a lot from her.

So she is. Pink is cool. I'm keen.

I loved her song and video about the furry, cosmetically enhanced, air-brushed girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGBvN3rAi0

My feminism compels me to feel that she shouldn't call them 'stupid' but, what the hell, they usually are!
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis

Shows that success is about singing rather than image anf style and is genuinely a lovely person :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about old brucey even if he is a bit old school!
    i have to respect people like david jason that dont chase the limelight or sell every nook and cranny of their life for a few quid!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis

Shows that success is about singing rather than image anf style and is genuinely a lovely person :)

Ewww.

Not to me really.

Shows that fame and musical 'success' can come from not hard work of ten years singing-songwriting but from a 12 week telly programme singing other folks songs.

Not a musical role model for me.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson.

Examples of hard working individuals who are successful in their field and harbour no preferences to race or crede.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sonia?natalie cassidy?

I think she's lovely. One of my favourite celebs.

Also Natalie Portman would seem a positive role model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson.

Examples of hard working individuals who are succesful in their field and harbour no preferences to race or crede.

I have to admit not knowing my arse from Arsene but from meeting Alex I'd agree with him. Fierce but friendly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's lovely. One of my favourite celebs.

Also Natalie Portman would seem a positive role model.

I think she's an absolute darling. If you didn't see the BBC 4 prog I urge you to look it up on iplayer. Very interesting and she came across as just the nicest person in the world.
  • Options
    JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought of Leona Lewis, she seems to have coped really well with the sudden fame. I would also vote for Will Young for the same reasons, they both come across as fairly grounded
  • Options
    Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david beckham?

hard workng, loyal, very succesful, good father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Triple-P wrote: »
    david beckham?

hard workng, loyal, very succesful, good father.

S'good, s'good, maybe shagged the PR wumman, allegedly, maybe, didn't sue NOTW which makes me think he mighta.

However, before and since then, yes, good sportsman, lovely family, nice fatherly figure, no drugs, no drink. Wish Vic would smile once in a while but I do think they are a lovely family.
  • Options
    Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S'good, s'good, maybe shagged the PR wumman, allegedly, maybe, didn't sue NOTW which makes me think he mighta.

However, before and since then, yes, good sportsman, lovely family, nice fatherly figure, no drugs, no drink. Wish Vic would smile once in a while but I do think they are a lovely family.

shows he can come back from being the most hated person in england (red card argentina) to being the most capped and respected england player by the fans through hard work and dedication.

everyone ****s up though, you cant expect any other celebrity to be squeeky clean, even the ones named on here have probably done some shady things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    that dont have drug/alcohol/food issues
    Arguably it's good that rolemodels are fallible, and are seen to overcome this. Otherwise someone flawed may not have any rolemodels to relate to.

Anyway, there are plenty of celebs that don't do the whole tabloid look at me i'm on drugs! i'm on drugs! i'm an alcoholic! I'm no longer an alcoholic! I'm fat! I'm thin! thing. In fact probably most of them.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the subjects of drugs...I still love Amy Winehouse. Not the best rolemodel I admit but she's a great singer and you know made a great career for herself even with being from a "normal" background, and became an international star and an award winner. She shows that you can do something that you want to, if you work at it. Also she is a drugs awareness campaign in herself which is good for young girls iin particular and singers showing that showbiz isn't that fabulous and just be careful.

(love for Amy ending :o)

George Clooney? He's quite political and an activist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the subjects of drugs...I still love Amy Winehouse. Not the best rolemodel I admit but she's a great singer and you know made a great career for herself even with being from a "normal" background, and became an international star and an award winner. She shows that you can do something that you want to, if you work at it. Also she is a drugs awareness campaign in herself which is good for young girls iin particular and singers showing that showbiz isn't that fabulous and just be careful.

(love for Amy ending :o)

George Clooney? He's quite political and an activist.

I love Pete Doherty but I wasn't putting him forward for this thread. However....

this makes me love the drug-addled little genius tw*t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1RkJSU29B0
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ewww.

Not to me really.

Shows that fame and musical 'success' can come from not hard work of ten years singing-songwriting but from a 12 week telly programme singing other folks songs.

Not a musical role model for me.
    Errr, Leona spent a few years slogging away, trying to get her singing career going, whilst holding down a job at the same time. Leonas success is down to her talent, if it was 'just' x factor, then why dont all the winners have the same worldwide success?.
    She is a great role model I think, shes not nasty, bitchy or attitude ridden. In a world of shallow, self obsessed hypocritical celebs(they dish it out, but they cant take it) she is worthy of being a role model.

Thats my opinion.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »
    oh my god yes

after seeing her on bbc last sunday im in love with her again

And she shows that it's possible to have a major coke/tranquiliser addiction, have affairs with half the men in 'rock and roll' and then sing for the president.

'Pack up your tranquilisers, we're going to Washington'.

I love her.