Man United Supporters Thread (Part 33)

Comments

• zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Actually lost for words. Andy, you legend.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 is simply the greatest ever year of sport, I have never enjoyed sooo much sport, and there is still the Ryder Cup to come as well! :D:D
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Amazing what Fergie cheering him on can inspire a Scot to do! lol

I went to bed when the score was 4-2 in the 4th set, but I was V+ the match.
    I woke up and went to the loo at 3.15 and when I got back in bed I turned the telly on to Sky news and saw it running along the bottom of the screen - so I watched the last few games and didn't get back to sleep til after 4!

Absolutely brllliant! I'm so pleased for him - and 76 years to the day since Perry last did it. How's that for timing!

This years BBC's SPOTY will be fun - it'll have about 6 winners! lol :D
    Forum Member
    Reaction to Andy's win being put up on SSN

Congrats Andy Murray, won a Grand Slam title .. I think the boss gave you the hairdryer.

From Rio. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right you've had your fun, Sir Alex, now get your arse back to manchester please.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »

Seems just precautionary. I'd be surprised if he missed any game time. Although given the distances he's travelled, I'd be surprised if he wasn't rested for the Wigan match anyway.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    International football *shakes fist*
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from the papers today

Daily Star

Jonny Evans has risked the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson after admitting he will play for Norther Ireland tonight depsite not being fully fir.

The Manchester United defender has not played for Fergie's men this season following an ankle operation in the summer.

He was a suprise inclusion in the Ireland squad for last week's qualifying defeat in Russia.

Evans limped off at half-time but managed to play the full match after having his ankle heavily strapped during the interval.

He took painkillers and intends to do the dame if the problem returns for the visit of Luxembourg.

But the news he is ready to risk aggravating the injury will infuriate Fergie, who is already dealing with a defensive crisis at Old Trafford. Fergie can ill afford to lose the 25-year-old, but Evans is determined to line-up in Michael O'Neills side.

He said: 'I have only played one reserve game for United this season after having surgery in the summer. But I felt my ankle after about five minutes. It was the same one I had surgery on in the summer, but I got a heavier strap put on it and I was able to carry on'.

'After a couple of painkillers. it did feel a bit better and if anything, I felt stronger as the game went on'.

The Sun

Alex Ferguson revealed it was childs play to land new boy Angelo Henriquez.

The Manchester United chief admitted he has ben on the clubs radar for four years.

Striker Henriquez, 18, last week signed from Univeridad de Chile for £4million and is being tipped for big things.

Now Fergie has lifted the lid on how he signed the youngster.

He said: 'We scouted him when he was 14 and just monitored him'.

'When he turned 18 we knew we could take him'.

'We couldnt sign him until he was 18 so we were fortunate the Chile Under-20s were over here'.

'They were in tournaments at the Milk Cup in Holland. We watched all the games and everyone said 'You need to bring him in'.

Henriquez scored 11 goals in 17 games for his Chile club.

Daily Mirror

Manchester United have tried to gag Nani over his uncertain future.

The club have told him to stop talking publicly about his contract dispute.

He has two years left on his current deal, but talks on a new one have broken down over his excessive wage demands and United have unsuccessfully tried to offload him to Zenit St Petersburg in the transfer window.

Hw made no secret of his anger at what he claims is mistratment over his contract. But United were angered by claims Nani intends to run his contract down and leave for free unless his demands are met.

The Portugal midfielder was left out of the squad for the 3-2 win over Fulham on August 25.

United will try again to get rid of the 26-year-old when the transfer window reopens in January in an efort to recoup some cash after spending £50million this summer.

Nani joined United for £20m from Sporting Lisbon in 2007 and has made 197 appearancs scoring 36 goals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Bomo's inactive -what has happend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Just seen Bomo's inactive -what has happend?

What does ''Inactive'' mean? What are the possibilities? :confused:
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    Robin Van Persie has gone off injured with a thigh strain in Holland's game, some are saying he could be out for up to a month, hope not but knowing United's luck he probably will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does ''Inactive'' mean? What are the possibilities? :confused:

It means they cant post, someone has complained about him, and hit the alert button.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Robin Van Persie has gone off injured with a thigh strain in Holland's game, some are saying he could be out for up to a month, hope not but knowing United's luck he probably will be.

Bloody hell. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    It means they cant post, someone has complained about him, and hit the alert button.

Hmm, can't find anything from a quick search of post history, must be something there though.

:(:(:(
    Forum Member

The live match stream for that game just said he was subbed at half time for Huntelaar, not that he was injured. But I spose it's obvious to assume the worst with RVP!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh for fecks sake!!
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Various reports have ranged from "subbed to give Huntelaar a half" to "out of action for up to 4 weeks with an injury" to "Passed away after a short thigh strain RIP"
    Forum Member

Who is this 'some' who are saying it?
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See Carrick's running back to Uncle Roy still paying off....hmmpf.

At least he'll be one of the few uninjured.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Just a precaution apparently.

The ones starting the rumour that he is out for a month are the same pathetic bastards who gleefully claimed that Kagawa had broken his leg in the previous match, a pathetic breed of low-life who I hope I never meet in case I catch brain-rot.
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Various reports have ranged from "subbed to give Huntelaar a half" to "out of action for up to 4 weeks with an injury" to "Passed away after a short thigh strain RIP"

That's why I said who are this 'some' who are saying it?
    As I said, on the live stream it just said he was subbed at half time.
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    Just a precaution apparently.

The ones starting the rumour that he is out for a month are the same pathetic bastards who gleefully claimed that Kagawa had broken his leg in the previous match, a pathetic breed of low-life who I hope I never meet in case I catch brain-rot.

And where has your info come from, just out of interest?
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    That's why I said who are this 'some' who are saying it?
    As I said, on the live stream it just said he was subbed at half time.

The more knowledgeable and reliable Man Utd fans on twitter have suggested its not serious but it has been jumped on like the Kagawa injury was. The last example i gave was a United fan being sarcastic.
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    The more knowledgeable and reliable Man Utd fans on twitter have suggested its not serious but it has been jumped on like the Kagawa injury was. The last example i gave was a United fan being sarcastic.

First I saw mention of this was on the WCQ thread on Red Cafe when someone posted:

Edwin van der Sar ‏@vdsar1970
    RvP left in changing rooms after first half so hope he will be fine!

So I had at look at the live stream and saw it just said he was replaced at half-time. No mention of an injury. They were winning so replaced him with Huntelaar. Nothing sinister sounding about it!
This discussion has been closed.