New to SCD

Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
Forum Member
I appreciate I've joined the party a bit late! 😳 I've only ever watched bits now and again throughout the years - I have no real idea why as this is right up my street as I love a bit of old style variety on a Saturday night and a bitchy old queen is always a winner - but I have really got into this over the last few weeks.

However, I need some help as I know sod all about dancing!

I assume they have a set list of dances they have to perform each series....? What are they? And can they choose what order to perform them in or is that set each week?

Thanks 😊

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The dance is picked out of a 'hat' for each couple by the producers and the pro is given the mix to choreograph. not sure what time scale they are given but the pro tends to start training the new dance with the celeb on monday. Because there are so many styles of dance they do now not every dance is done by every couple who gets to the final. (in old seasons it was two/4 types of dance a week, half doing one, half the other or a quarter doing each one) but that has changed to spice it up.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I appreciate I've joined the party a bit late! 😳 I've only ever watched bits now and again throughout the years - I have no real idea why as this is right up my street as I love a bit of old style variety on a Saturday night and a bitchy old queen is always a winner - but I have really got into this over the last few weeks.

However, I need some help as I know sod all about dancing!

I assume they have a set list of dances they have to perform each series....? What are they? And can they choose what order to perform them in or is that set each week?

Thanks 😊

Welcome Tweacle

Over the series they dance styles from the international 10 dances, Waltz, Foxtrot, Viennese waltz, Paso Doble, Rumba, Cha Cha Cha, Ballroom Tango, Quickstep, Samba,

and also the Salsa, Argentine Tango, American Smooth and Charleston. In the final they get to do a freestyle show dance.

We believe they get given them and don't choose which week they do which style but it may be the pros get some control over that. I don't know for sure.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Ok guys, thanks that's helped a lot 👍

I'm sure I'll be back!