did the smoking ban help u quits smoking??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
did the smoking ban help u quit smoking? if so how did u do it and for how long??
it worked for me and i used patches and mints! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I gave up a month before the ban as I didn't want to be 'dictated' to!

I used gum and loads of it. I still use gum, unfortunately I'm smoking again after more than 18 months being smoke free, so now I have 2 addictions and twice the expense
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it just slightly inconvenienced me
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not it improved things you can have a good chat outisde, and even go for a burger and uses the cash machine and come back
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    No.Our local pub still lets people smoke in it and no one seems to have complained since the ban came in.It is a tiny little rural pub though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, just made me buy a nice coat
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Had to smoke outside most of the time beforehand anywhere due to the fragrant nautre of my cigarettes :D:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still smoke. I suppose the one thing it's stopped me doing is chain smoke when down the pub. I also drink more at home than I used to.
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just don't go out half as much and now save a fortune while still having a good time at home with friends which I think is better. I started to go out less before the ban cos the price of a beer is horrendous.

It's nice going abroad and being to chill out with a **** and a pint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, It did however save me a fortune when I gave up drinking in pubs.
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    Nope. Had to smoke outside most of the time beforehand anywhere due to the fragrant nautre of my cigarettes :D:D
    Ah.Ours allows you to stay indoors with those herbal ciggies.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - just means I'm at risk of dying from pneumonia as well as a heart attack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think alot of people now drink at home and just go out for a pint occassionally!
    do u think it would have better to have smoking and non smoking pubs??
    Forum Member
    i think alot of people now drink at home and just go out for a pint occassionally!

Thats exactly how it should have been.Then everyone would have had the choice.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do claim smoking figures are down based on UK sales , but then they fail to account for how many people buy blackmarket ciggies or get them on day trips across the channel, which if added to sales here would eeman the ban has had very little effect on numbers of smokers.
  • FoggerFogger Posts: 3,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I sidestepped it and went over to an Electronic Nicotine Inhalation Device. (Formally know as an Electronic cigarette.)

I now Vape more than I ever did smoke and I can do it anywhere and everywhere.

My lungs are nice and clean without the 200+ carcinogens that you get from old cigarettes.
  • FoggerFogger Posts: 3,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly! You can see the amount of people now staying at home and drinking and smoking directly by the amount of pubs that have closed for good.

Cheaper and you can do what you want.

The smoking ban killed the pub industry stone dead. The only ones deluding themselves that it didn't are the anti smokers who have failed to achieve anything. - That must really hurt!

They would have never had non-smoking pubs as if they were economically viable, landlords would have done them years ago. They didn't for a reason. Now look at all the non-smoking pubs (If you can find one) and that completes the full picture)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say yes. I'm a chronically addicted smoker who currently isn't practising. If pubs and restaurants were full of smoke, i'd be with them in no time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makalah wrote: »
    I gave up a month before the ban as I didn't want to be 'dictated' to!

I used gum and loads of it. I still use gum, unfortunately I'm smoking again after more than 18 months being smoke free, so now I have 2 addictions and twice the expense

But they did dictate to you and it worked. They wanted you to give up smoking and you did.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Nos, it didn'ts helps me quits.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    They do claim smoking figures are down based on UK sales , but then they fail to account for how many people buy blackmarket ciggies or get them on day trips across the channel, which if added to sales here would eeman the ban has had very little effect on numbers of smokers.

Yeah, it's kind of funny how "they" love going on about what a huge amount of money the economy is losing due to black market ****, yet they still expect us to take legal cigarette sales as a useful marker of how many people are smoking...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    No.Our local pub still lets people smoke in it and no one seems to have complained since the ban came in.It is a tiny little rural pub though.

OMG! Where is it - I'm there!
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Why? Are more smokers now buying illegal **** since the ban?
    Forum Member
    OMG! Where is it - I'm there!

I couldn't possibly tell you that on here.The anti smoking police on here would report it instantly because it's against their beliefs.We get on quite happily on our own :)
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it did, with the help of an inhalator.
  • lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder how long it'll be before some "bright spark" here suggests smokers are banned from leaving the country.