Debbie Dingle and Rachel whatshername, the 2 biggest, miserable bores ever?

DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
Forum Member
✭✭
Simply can't stand watching their miserable faces clogging up airtime.
Two of the worst, most tedious characters ever!

Get rid asp!

Comments

• christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, yeah. I really don't like Debbie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Can't they do something about Rachel's dress sense. Not even the most common chav would wear exactly the same clothes all the time. Oh, and could she wash her hair as well.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the skanky old cleaner sure hit the jackpot when she had a sordid leg over with her boss on the floor of the workplace - nice cottage bought for her, money given, and she still sulks about moaning and whining. Cant she fall down stairs or somat, I cant stand this until March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I can't stand either of them. The fact that the pair are about to bring the next generation of miserable self-pitying charisma-free charmless whiners to Emmerdale is deeply depressing.
    well the skanky old cleaner sure hit the jackpot when she had a sordid leg over with her boss on the floor of the workplace - nice cottage bought for her, money given, and she still sulks about moaning and whining. Cant she fall down stairs or somat, I cant stand this until March.

For all Stuart Blackburn going on about consequences to characters actions, he hasn't quite demonstrated it with her has he? Then again he 'loves' the character of Rachel. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel is awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel is quite pretty when she has her hair down and puts a bit of make up on. Wish she would do it more often though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie's been like this since Jasmine left. Clearly men don't make her happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Can't they do something about Rachel's dress sense. Not even the most common chav would wear exactly the same clothes all the time. Oh, and could she wash her hair as well.

The actress is very pretty- unrecognisable- nobody goes around dressed like that all the time
    Pilot101 wrote: »
    I can't stand either of them. The fact that the pair are about to bring the next generation of miserable self-pitying charisma-free charmless whiners to Emmerdale is deeply depressing.

For all Stuart Blackburn going on about consequences to characters actions, he hasn't quite demonstrated it with her has he? Then again he 'loves' the character of Rachel. :rolleyes:

There's way too many pity parties on ED at moment and for all SB says several characters like Marlon, Laurel, Chas and Cameron refuse to take any real responsibilty for their actions

What was Rachel's point yesterday, the father didn't let her down- why is she acting like a vitctim-Jai did not let her down, she should have booked a scan weeks ago and it was irresponsible to keep putting it off, Jai was the one who actually arranged the scan, he went to hospital, he had only stepped out to put money in parking meter when he got distracted by Nikhil but he came back.

She went ahead without him and is acting like he abandoned her, he bought a house and she's going to be living in it rent free; for a mrried man it's about as much as she could expect

The writing is making Rachel more of a vitcim than she needs to be, she's not a child, she's a grown woman; I would much prefer to see her taking responsibility and making decisions for herself and her baby insetad of acting like she's been abandoned
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress is very pretty- unrecognisable- nobody goes around dressed like that all the time

There's way too many pity parties on ED at moment and for all SB says several characters like Marlon, Laurel, Chas and Cameron refuse to take any real responsibilty for their actions

What was Rachel's point yesterday, the father didn't let her down- why is she acting like a vitctim-Jai did not let her down, she should have booked a scan weeks ago and it was irresponsible to keep putting it off, Jai was the one who actually arranged the scan, he went to hospital, he had only stepped out to put money in parking meter when he got distracted by Nikhil but he came back.

She went ahead without him and is acting like he abandoned her, he bought a house and she's going to be living in it rent free; for a mrried man it's about as much as she could expect

The writing is making Rachel more of a vitcim than she needs to be, she's not a child, she's a grown woman; I would much prefer to see her taking responsibility and making decisions for herself and her baby insetad of acting like she's been abandoned

Stuart Blackburn thinks he's the Karl Marx of soap production. So poor and too real proletarian Rachel is oppressed and taken advantage of by her horrible abusive rich boss :rolleyes:
  • habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like rachel even if she is giving jay a hard time. He has done more than most dads would and he didnt exactly force her to have sex did he!
    Debbeh on the other hand is a right miserable cow who makes that deidre barlow lookalike on x factor look positively bursting with joy!
    The actress who plays rachel is really pretty, i hope she comes into some money at one point and we see her do herself up a bit, even if its just for a few episodes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »

I honestly think Debbie was ruined as a character when she got Sarah back. It aged her into a bitter old harridan almost overnight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Stuart Blackburn thinks he's the Karl Marx of soap production. So poor and too real proletarian Rachel is oppressed and taken advantage of by her horrible abusive rich boss :rolleyes:

Yeah- sadly you are right:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Debbie she`s a miserable stuck up cow. as for Rachel I like her don't think she`s all that miserable she has a good friendship with Sam of all people I do think it was wrong to make her pregnant with jai being the father can you imagine what charity would do to him if she found out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think Debbie was ruined as a character when she got Sarah back. It aged her into a bitter old harridan almost overnight.

That's a good point. Treating Cain like he's her spoilt teenage son hasn't helped either.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Can't stand misery guts Dingle never have liked her! Rachel I can just about tolerate, but this storyline with Jai isn't great in my opinion.
  • macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie looks hellish with that hair - she looks like Myra Hindley :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel is one of life's great victims! NOTHING is ever her fault! :rolleyes::sleep:
  • NathanTNathanT Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel is the embodiment of Stuart Blackburn and everything he's done that shouldn't have been done to this once fun show. Her miserable face, scruffy attire, complete lack of class or decorum, sanctomonious criticism of others, self-pitying, "glass-half-empty", "poor me" attitude to life... and now she's holed up in a lovely cottage paid for by somebody else, like a square peg in a round hole - she really is the ultimate personification of SB's impact on the show. Hopefully she will get the boot as soon as he does.

Debbie on the other hand I like; her character really matured around the time of the Shane Doyle murder story, through the custody of Sarah plot with Andy, her friendship with Natasha Wylde and support of Lisa after her rape. Unfortunately this long, ill-conceived and badly drawn-out Sarah plot (no coincidence produced by Mr B) has rarely allowed her chance to shine - until recently.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Rachel. Her friendship with Sam is nice and there was a funny scene when the cleaner for her flat turned up in the same outfit. I think she expects too much from Jai though. I wouldn't mind any character who wiped the smirk off magic knickers Charity's face. She only has to drop em and she's married to a rich fella.

Debbie on the other hand is awful. She's always miserable - understandable with a sick child but she goes to extremes. Someone should lock her in her house with Camwon and Sarwuh and let her out for fresh air once a week. Also isn't it about time her and Eli's fraud was discovered when they borrowed money as Scott Windsor?

I think there needs to be a Dingle cull - Gennie can stay as she's entertaining, Chas can go as she's run out of men to sleep with, Charity must go and take her spawn Debbeh icicles mush and Noah bad acting with her, Sam needs to stay as he's nice, Zak and Lisa are ok sometimes, Marlon can run off with his budgie Laurel and Cain needs a shower and a sharp exit.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »

Ho ho. I was thinking more the Charles Dickens of soaps. Rachel reminds me of Smike :eek: or maybe that's Sam, Rachel can be Little Nell. Whatever she makes me want to puke. She's no sad abandoned fallen woman and single mother in Victorian times fgs. This is the 21st century. She needs to be looking out for and standing up for herself.

Though Debbie's non stop depressed state accompanied by a hang dog expression is very depressing for us to watch. She does have her moments. Last week when finding out the leukaemia had started she was spot on and it was moving rather than annoying.

Rachel though only has one expression and one reaction and one walk all 100% drudgery.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love this post :D

Nope. He's sending out a message to young women (you know, the thick ones) that if they have a quick shag on t'factory floor with t'boss and get knocked up then, hey!, they will have their own personal cash machine :rolleyes:

I hope that Charity knocks her smug face into next week :mad:

Maddens me that no one has said to her 'Do you know how lucky you are? That the man NEVER usually buys the woman who he's got pregnant a house?! Lift your face you ungrateful mare and think yourself lucky!!!!'

Well you know by my rant on t'daily yesterday Wildy that I agree with every word you say :)
    macca@90 wrote: »
    Debbie looks hellish with that hair - she looks like Myra Hindley :eek:

LOL!!!! It is awful though. She looked much better (and classier) dark haired. Perhaps Matthew Mc likes blondes?
    Ho ho. I was thinking more the Charles Dickens of soaps. Rachel reminds me of Smike :eek: or maybe that's Sam, Rachel can be Little Nell. Whatever she makes me want to puke. She's no sad abandoned fallen woman and single mother in Victorian times fgs. This is the 21st century. She needs to be looking out for and standing up for herself.

Though Debbie's non stop depressed state accompanied by a hang dog expression is very depressing for us to watch. She does have her moments. Last week when finding out the leukaemia had started she was spot on and it was moving rather than annoying.

Rachel though only has one expression and one reaction and one walk all 100% drudgery.

BIB: Totally agree.

It really annoys me the way that the morning after pill doesn't exist in ED because anyone with an ounce of common sense after having unprotected sex would have made sure they sorted it out. Especially when, as she tried to say to Ali, she never had any intention to become a single mum and wanted to do everything 'properly'. She strikes me as a girl who's been emotionally if not physically carried around. I suppose the only way she would have taken the morning after pill is if Jai had actually gone and got one for her! :rolleyes:

But the way that Rachel tried to avoid the scan in case anything was wrong tells me that not only is she a pessimist but she also buries her head in the sand hoping things will just go away! Time to woman up Rachel.

Underlined: The scenes with Charity at the hospital were indeed excellent and very touching. For once Debbie was reacting as a devastated mum and not a shouting, blame apportioning harridan. But the next day she was back to normal trying to arrange a private caesarean so she could get her paws on the spare parts baby she is carrying. Even her mum telling her that this baby is precious and should be cherished in it's own right didn't get through. I'm convinced that Debbie doesn't give a stuff about the baby she's carrying - just what he can do for Sarah.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah- sadly you are right:(

Very much so. I have been very much left of centre all my life but, Stuart, I'M NOT STUPID!! :mad:
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I think Debbie's gorgeous and I like her hair colour but it ends there. The character just has nothing about her, always seen wooden to me, and very dreary. She hasn't got the charisma and presence the rest of the Dingles have ie. Cain, Charity, Chas
  • FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »

This one would.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand misery guts Dingle never have liked her! Rachel I can just about tolerate, but this storyline with Jai isn't great in my opinion.

Agreed 100%