Options

Now that The Pope has resigned will the Catholic haters pack it in?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps is some Catholics start showing humility rather than boasting about an organization that has had to apologize for decades (centuries?) of child sex abuse, popo may not get such a hard time.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    So you are not a Christian then?
    After a Christian upbringing I came to the conclusion that it's basically an ongoing fraud, going on so long that even the fraudsters are victims. At the core of it was a charismatic guy with a good message, but that message has been so twisted over the centuries by those who wish to dominate the lives and thoughts of others that it is now all but lost.

Having also visited the Vatican and seen the luxury and wealth these so-called friends of the poor have amassed and now surround themselves with, including their Vatican Bank (money-lenders in the temple), I'm pretty certain that if Yeshua Ben Yosef were alive today he'd burn the place to the ground.
  • Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Yep, dragged by their selfish parents. 95% of them will not continue to go once old enough. You have to admit it. Religion is dying out no matter how hard you try to hide from it.

Actually there are loads who go because they want to. I have been going all my life. If I didn`t want to go nobody could do anything about it. Have you seen the ages of the crowds who turned out to bid farewell to Benedict?
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Wonder what the next Papal bull be about.?

There's a lot of 'papal bull' out there........
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Actually there are loads who go because they want to. I have been going all my life. If I didn`t want to go nobody could do anything about it.

I said most. I went to church when young because i was forced to. Thankfully i had some common sense and stopped going.
    Have you seen the ages of the crowds who turned out to bid farewell to Benedict?

Yep i did. I also went to a religious thing years ago just for something to do.
  • Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    You really are a pretty ignorant and blinkered one trick pony aren't you:rolleyes:

Ignorant and blinkered? Well if you are saying it is ignorant and blinkered to believe in your faith then that`s fair enough. Of course it can be argued that to condemn someone for having religious beliefs is rather ignorant in itself. Do you dtetest all religions or is it just Christianity?
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the ages of the crowds who turned out to bid farewell to Benedict?

Lots of open spaces in the piazza. Seriously, it wasn't anywhere near as crowded as an average John Paul II sunday crowd. I was very suprised.

EDIT: Then again - the more I think about it...not really.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
    This thread has been closed as it is not constructive.
This discussion has been closed.