Options

why doesnt david platt go to live with martin?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
Forum Member
✭✭✭
when faced with sleeping rough or staying somewhere warm, surely David would go and stay with his dad (who oddly hasnt turned up even to see his new grandson)? am I missing something here?

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    He should go and live with Sarah for a while, then come back with her and Bethany.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should go and live with Sarah for a while, then come back with her and Bethany.

even better. doesnt she live in italy too? also doesnt martin platt now own a cheesefarm or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    even better. doesnt she live in italy too? also doesnt martin platt now own a cheesefarm or something?

Yeah, she lives in Italy and has a new car apparently...

I think Martin does cheese in real life? lol, can't remember the actors name but I saw him on tele talking about cheese or something.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when faced with sleeping rough or staying somewhere warm, surely David would go and stay with his dad (who oddly hasnt turned up even to see his new grandson)? am I missing something here?

Lily is a girl.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    First post here, hello :) but I have to comment on the David Platt storyline somewhere because it has driven me mad! Yes David gave his brother grief for a while and yes he crashed the car causing the accident and thus Nick's injuries but it seems totally accepted by all that Nick slept with his brother's wife and now the wife Kylie ends up with the house, kids and everything else. I just find it ridiculous and think the writers have created a wholly unbelievable situation in this farce. Thanks, that feels better :)
  • Options
    MissyAnnMissyAnn Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the character doesn't want to live away from his kids so going to live with the father is none started, and so is Italy being a million miles away. I kinda feel sorry for David, he didn't delilberately set out to put Nick in hospitial. I know he has been the meanest kid of all time on Corrie and through to adulthood. I dont know it just doesn't seem fair this is happening to him.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we're not supposed to remember that Martin Platt exists...
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Far too logical for the writers IMO who seem to have forgotten that David has a father.
  • Options
    MadameLaMinxMadameLaMinx Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    Because we're not supposed to remember that Martin Platt exists...

I tried the whole time he was in it to follow that rule but it was totally inescapable. Please dont rock the boat. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, Martin lives in Liverpool which is at least half an hour from Manchester. How could David possibly go there, even for a visit?

Also Martin has a 'new family' which means he is not allowed to have any contact with any 'old family' he might already have. It's the law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    First post here, hello :) but I have to comment on the David Platt storyline somewhere because it has driven me mad! Yes David gave his brother grief for a while and yes he crashed the car causing the accident and thus Nick's injuries but it seems totally accepted by all that Nick slept with his brother's wife and now the wife Kylie ends up with the house, kids and everything else. I just find it ridiculous and think the writers have created a wholly unbelievable situation in this farce. Thanks, that feels better :)

I hope that was cathartic. yes the story is ludicrous alright. also while I'm at it, when david goaded peter barlow last night, I was thinking, If I joined the queue to smack david platt, how long would it take me to get to the front? apart from Alex Salmond, I cant think of another face I'd rather slap
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin has been sucked into the mysterious Corrie black hole along with Ted, Sarah and Bethany. He never visited during David's epilepsy, or when Nick lay in a coma with the possibility of dying, or has he returned to see his granddaughter. They haven't even spoken of him in many years.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't go that far:eek:

Leave the annoying mare and her brat in Italy!:D

Sarah couldn't stand David, anyhow.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was thinking this yesterday, if Gail was so Worried why not ring Martin and get him to get his son to come and stay and sort himself out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't go that far:eek:

Leave the annoying mare and her brat in Italy!:D

Sarah couldn't stand David, anyhow.

I liked her. Also, who could stand their kid brother when you were a teenager? Nevermind one like David.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember them having a fall out concerning something about Martin's new wife, maybe they don't talk anymore. But yeah, in the real world, it would be the logical step.
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin has been sucked into the mysterious Corrie black hole along with Ted, Sarah and Bethany. He never visited during David's epilepsy, or when Nick lay in a coma with the possibility of dying, or has he returned to see his granddaughter. They haven't even spoken of him in many years.

I can see the lack of a granddaughter visit is odd, but he's not Nick's father, so can't see why he would visit him. [In fact, if anything he looks younger than Nick!] Nor would there be any particular reason to visit when David was diagnosed with epilepsy. Funny that they've not tried to suggest that David's been in any sort of contact with him for years. Given that they seem to be estranged - though this has never been stated openly - it's unlikely that he'd welcome David to live with him, his wife and his daughter.

I mean. would you?
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking this yesterday, if Gail was so Worried why not ring Martin and get him to get his son to come and stay and sort himself out.

I liked the character Martin and wish CS would bring him back..if I remember rightly he didn't want to leave but CS just wanted rid of him..
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    From memory, Martin only moived to Liverpool so it us hardly far away (and he's not alowed to see his kids at the moment anyway) but didn't they establish that Martin had a baby with his new wife and didn't want to have much (if anything) to do with David. I'm sure David asked to live with Martin before (when he was about 15) and Martin said they didn't have the room. that is unlikely to have changed and if Martin is being as judgemental as the rest of them he probably won't want to help or have him near the little brother or sister (who'd be about 7 now).
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    I liked the character Martin and wish CS would bring him back..if I remember rightly he didn't want to leave but CS just wanted rid of him..

IIRC, he wasn't keen on the plot with Katy (man in early 30s gets with teenaged daughter of best friend) and then they wanted him to date another teenaged girl after she died and he worried it would look like some kind of fetish - possibly even child abuse. They said do it or we won't renew your contract, he still objected and that was that.

I think they just didn't have any other ideas for plot lines.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, she lives in Italy and has a new car apparently...

I think Martin does cheese in real life? lol, can't remember the actors name but I saw him on tele talking about cheese or something.

http://www.saddleworthcheese.co.uk/news.asp
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    As I recall didn't David go and see Martin once or twice after he moved away and the last time he said that Martin was more interested in his new wife and baby and had no time for David basically pushing him out (in David's view). It was mentioned a few months again very briefly too that "even his dad wasn't interested in him."
  • Options
    BoldilocksBoldilocks Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Martin moved away. This is a local soap for local people, there's nothing for him here.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I think CS should have rested David for a month or two, moving away to Martin or Sarah.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I liked her. Also, who could stand their kid brother when you were a teenager? Nevermind one like David.

I think it was a bit more than that. :) David almost killed Bethany, he ruined her wedding once because he tried to drown himself with his car, he almost killed Jason by messing with the building yard and the reason she took the job in Italy was because it was meant for David so she stole it from underneath him. :)