pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Favourite Sir Bruce moment?

When he announced his departure.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm relieved that he has decided to go, but goodness this forum is a sour place these days.

Anyway, one moment that made me really explode because it certainly wasn't scripted, and delivered in a beautifully sardonic way was after Ricky Whittle's rather disastrous rock and roll the week of his arrest in Liverpool, and after all the judges slatings, Bruce said something like 'And of course you had rather less time to practice this week.'
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    My favourite moments were the weeks he wasn't in the show.

I agree:D:D:D
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time he stepped out of persona to be kind to the contestants and dancers. I'd started to worry about him by the end so I'm glad he's decided to retire but he didn't annoy me as much as he did other folk and there were many times he made me smile.

Dancing with Holly is my stand out moment too.

(Off topic, he was on the bbc4 documentary about Nat King Cole and showed genuine appreciation for the guy. Bruce has been around forever. How many singers these days could take ten minutes to come up with an arrangement for a live performance with some one like Nat? That's :o and :cool: in my book.)
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    Favourite Sir Bruce moment?

When he announced his departure.

Most definately !
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite Bruce moment was about 7 or 8 years ago when The Killers had some really big hits; Bruce was talking about the celebrities and said "are they human? ...(pause)... or are they dancers?" It was such an unexpected comment - everybody was in stitches.
    The autocue was obviously written by someone else and you could tell that he didn't get the joke himself because he looked completely surprised at the audience's reaction! :D