Options

Fed up with the utilities .. And a few others!

tony13579tony13579 Posts: 1,145
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am fed up with utility companies taking more money than required via direct debit

Although I am asset rich, I am cash poor. I get £60.35 per week + dividends from a few shares.

I have £650 of bills each month,
British gas(+electric) was taking £240 per month yet my average usage was £140
Southern Water suddenly doubled my direct debit from £30 to 60 when £30 was perfectly on track +-£1 to pay my bill
BT slipped an extra £129.99 on to a bill for unauthorised unnecessarily tidying up of my house wiring when the phone was faulty out on the street. Taking my direct debit from £57 to £97
My father-in-laws GP has an 0844 number for appointments that cost me £5 last bill.
The Royal Mail has twice failed to deliver recorded delivery letters and claims they only have to give mea book of poxy stamps in compensation.

Keeping a tab on these rip off companies is becoming a full time job

You are as Ronnie Barker and Princess Anne would say... SCROATS!

End of rant

Comments

• Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I pay for nothing on direct debits.
    send me a bill, I will pay it. I put the money aside weekly for them .
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Say no to 0870 has helped us no end with companies that want you to call 0844 numbers. Its free and the website is easy to use. I only have dds set up for bills that are always the same, the rest get paid when they arrive.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Why do you pay so much for your water? We pay £33 a month for 10 months and it only ever increases by a couple of pounds each year.