Do you feel sorry for Helen?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
It's clear Helen is a pretty damaged person from her messed up past with prostitution and stuff, and her behavior in the BB house is a bit worrying. Do you feel sorry for her because of this?

Personally I do not, frankly it seems as if her life is her own fault by having a child at an age where she wasn't secure or stable enough to look after it. If she had any sense then she would have seen at the time that her life would turn out like this...

Do you feel sorry for Helen? 259 votes

Yes
17% 45 votes
No
82% 214 votes

Comments

• iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Poll up soon
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I am only going off what I have seen of her in the house. Someone with a personality like hers would never get any sympathy from me. I lnow this word is thrown around the forum too much but Helen really is vile.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have more sympathy for Sadam Hussein
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I cried myself to sleep last night at her plight, she's trying really really hard to be a better person :(

on second thoughts, no :D
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do. I would feel sorry for anyone who had such a difficult young adult life.

It's called compassion...
  • Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel sorry for her. She seems like a genuine, multi-dimensional human being like the rest of us, with some good bits and some bad ones (which she acknowledges). Most of the other housemates are cartoon characters with no depth or dimensions.
    Forum Member

But everything that's happened is her own fault? :confused:

Having a child when there's no way in hell she could look after it

Taking out loans she couldn't pay

Not keeping her clients confidential etc
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    It's clear Helen is a pretty damaged person from her messed up past with prostitution and stuff, and her behavior in the BB house is a bit worrying. Do you feel sorry for her because of this?

Personally I do not, frankly it seems as if her life is her own fault by having a child at an age where she wasn't secure or stable enough to look after it. If she had any sense then she would have seen at the time that her life would turn out like this...

Many have children at a young age but don't take the paths she did or treat others the way that she does.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    But everything that's happened is her own fault? :confused:

Having a child when there's no way in hell she could look after it

Taking out loans she couldn't pay

Not keeping her clients confidential etc

With the exception of the last one (and that's a grey area too, as far as I'm aware), I wouldn't hold any of that against her. She's been through a lot, and I'm sympathetic towards that, but that doesn't necessarily explain, and definitely doesn't excuse her behaviour in the house. I think going into Big Brother hasn't done her any good whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    With the exception of the last one (and that's a grey area too, as far as I'm aware), I wouldn't hold any of that against her. She's been through a lot, and I'm sympathetic towards that, but that doesn't necessarily explain, and definitely doesn't excuse her behaviour in the house. I think going into Big Brother hasn't done her any good whatsoever.
    But everything she's been through is her OWN fault
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Why would I? She has to be responsible for her own actions.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    yes, I cried myself to sleep last night at her plight, she's trying really really hard to be a better person :(

on second thoughts, no :D

Lol funy funy funy you I said funy funy funy did you hear me lol I agree with you it's a no
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    No. I'm afraid she is too hard faced and nasty to feel sorry for her.
  • dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    No, I am only going off what I have seen of her in the house. Someone with a personality like hers would never get any sympathy from me. I lnow this word is thrown around the forum too much but Helen really is vile.

I agree, she's brought everything on herself. Let's face it, without the warning she wouldn't have changed her ways.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not in the least. She had opportunities and wasted them.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    But everything she's been through is her OWN fault

So what?

She has trouble controlling her emotions and doesn't really understand herself or consider the impact of her actions on others before acting. To me, that sounds like some important guidance was missing from her upbringing. I think, at the very least, she needs to look into getting help managing her anger and to stop drinking. It all comes down to impulse control really. She needs to learn to pause before acting and consider the longer term consequences of whatever she's about to do or say,
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    She it not from an underprivileged background her parents are educated reasonably well off people. She became estranged from them in her early teens and spent time in foster homes, all this before she became pregnant. It is this early separation from her family that seems to be at the bottom of her problems ,but without knowing the circumstances that led to it ,it is hard to make a definitive judgement.
  • JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member

A lot of us have had things to deal with. BUt not all of us have turned to prostitution and bullying. Some of us have worked bloody hard at a normal job despite some real issues. But keep ploughing through life and try not to impact on others and to attempt to be self aware. There is a limit to compassion when that person has such an impact on others. She has the potential to impact in such a negative way on others in life it is frightening. She picks on personal insecurities with delight and does not give a fook if she destroys that person....she has even said as much.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People saying yes that it's her past causing her to be like this.. We all have pasts, I'm sure a lot of people on here have troubled ones but I'm sure they all don't go around starting arguments with everyone/insulting people for no apparent reason like Helen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member

Unfortunately, someone like Helen would use compassion as a green light to carry on being the way she is. She needs honesty, a huge massive dose of it, but she is so intimidating very few would dare give it to her.
  • dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVB69 wrote: »
    A lot of us have had things to deal with. BUt not all of us have turned to prostitution and bullying. Some of us have worked bloody hard at a normal job despite some real issues. But keep ploughing through life and try not to impact on others and to attempt to be self aware. There is a limit to compassion when that person has such an impact on others. She has the potential to impact in such a negative way on others in life it is frightening. She picks on personal insecurities with delight and does not give a fook if she destroys that person....she has even said as much.

Great post, exactly how I feel! :)
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put 'No', because I don't feel sorry for her regarding her behavior in the house. That is pretty dreadful and mean.
    I do, however, feel sorry for her in that she has had a pretty awful start to life. Who knows what she had to deal with at a young age, why she went on the path she did. Something must have triggered it - and for that, and the fact she does sometimes show just how damaged she is, I do feel sympathy for her.
    I also feel sorry for the other HM who have to put up with her in the house.
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in the slightest
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvan wrote: »
    I put 'No', because I don't feel sorry for her regarding her behavior in the house. That is pretty dreadful and mean.
    I do, however, feel sorry for her in that she has had a pretty awful start to life. Who knows what she had to deal with at a young age, why she went on the path she did. Something must have triggered it - and for that, and the fact she does sometimes show just how damaged she is, I do feel sympathy for her.
    I also feel sorry for the other HM who have to put up with her in the house.

A lovely and measured response, to which I fully agree.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I have more sympathy for Sadam Hussein

Ouch but I almost agree!