Amber Holcomb
Paul Jolley
Angela Miller
Burnell Taylor
Devin Velez

Comments

• ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    The 5 boys are precisely the ones I would have selected, based on their voices/tones and also their televisual/ratings appeal and demographs. Paul has an interesting 'radio' voice of many tonal and crooner colours. Burnell sings very clean, but can sound too rehearsed. Devin sounds absolutely wonderful when he sings in Spanish but average when singing in English - it's like switching on the hispanic nitro. Curtis is there as this year's impassioned, overweight black guy with a powerful, free-ranging, emotive delivery. Lazaro has a warm voice, and also gets points for looking like a young The Fonz, especially in his left profile.

What's odd is the way they've screwed up the much stronger girl's category, and it makes me wonder if they have deliberately clipped their wings to give the boys more of a chance, making for more of a competition, or because they want another male winner.

I really cannot believe Breanna got the boot, and hope she can make the wildcard (apparently a top boy and top girl from the booted will join the Top 10, following a sing-off).

Janelle Arthur IMHO is just another blonde country & western singer, and one whose talent is less than those on Idol who have gone before her. Likewise Kree is another genre's notch filler. I feel Amber may turn into a one-trick pony, like so many girls who model themselves on doing a good Whitney karaoke, there's a chance she will now go downhill due to a lack of interpretative skills of her own unless "singing by numbers". Only Angie and Candice were worthy of guaranteed places in this category IMHO.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    This is the weakest line-up in a long, long time.

Bring back J-Lo and Steven Tyler who at least promoted diversity.
  • ladyloulouladyloulou Posts: 7,932
    Forum Member
    I too picked exactly the same 5 boys, of the girls the only name i could remember was Krees, wether thats because the girls were a day before and my memory is going, or maybe they are not that memorable. I like angie and i think she could win it but her eyes and teeth remind me of princess beatrice and that isnt good lol
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janelle getting through proves country viewers will actually vote for anything, she's dire. Very happy with the rest of the girls.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the top 10 were as I predicted, personally I would have preferred Aubrey instead of Amber or Janelle. I think the victory songs showed the girls to be a lot stronger than the boys.
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Awful. Just awful.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    Janelle Arthur IMHO is just another blonde country & western singer, and one whose talent is less than those on Idol who have gone before her. Likewise Kree is another genre's notch filler. I feel Amber may turn into a one-trick pony, like so many girls who model themselves on doing a good Whitney karaoke, there's a chance she will now go downhill due to a lack of interpretative skills of her own unless "singing by numbers". Only Angie and Candice were worthy of guaranteed places in this category IMHO.

The thing is country is huge in America and whilst i dont like Janelle herself her singing is fine. For me personally I thought Kree sounded the best last night out of the females.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    The thing is country is huge in America and whilst i dont like Janelle herself her singing is fine. For me personally I thought Kree sounded the best last night out of the females.

I thought Kree was great too, her singing is effortless, it seems so natural and for me each performance she has is better than the last and thats what will hopefully get her far in the competition.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I'm OK with most of the line-up and delighted that Zoanette Johnson didn't get through.

Thank God for small mercies.:D:D
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the best girls went through but did not agree with America's choice for the boys. I would have gone for Nick and Curtez instead of Paul and Burnell.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Janelle getting through proves country viewers will actually vote for anything, she's dire. Very happy with the rest of the girls.

I'm still spitting the dummy out over the judges choosing janelle over Rachel Hale. Rachel is my favourite female idol contestant in years :mad:

Hopefully Paul and Curtis will leave first. They are such cheeseballs!
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still spitting the dummy out over the judges choosing janelle over Rachel Hale. Rachel is my favourite female idol contestant in years :mad:

Hopefully Paul and Curtis will leave first. They are such cheeseballs!

It should never have been a choice between Janelle and Rachel. That was the week that Zoanette and Breanna went through instead of Rachel and Jett.

Paul and Burnell to go first please.