Options

Most shocking celebrity moments so far

MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
Forum Member
In December every year, TV channels and quite a few websites list the most shocking and the funniest celeb moments of the year. In terms of top 10 shocking moments, I think we already have a few real contenders.

Anne Kirkbride's (Deirdre from the Street) relatively sudden passing. No one I knew saw it coming so soon.

William Shatner not appearing at Leonard Nimoy's funeral. Right or wrong, it was a big, and still is, talking point.

Then finally, surely the biggest so far, Madonna being yanked backwards off the stage by one of her dancers on live TV.

I know it's still early but are there any others you think that are so shocking they're likely to get close to the top of the tree by the year's end?

Comments

• Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Kanye doing another Kanye moment with Beck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Kanye doing another Kanye moment with Beck
    Yes in fact you reminded me Kanye's expletive laden performance at the Brits was another.
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that Anne Kirkbride is dead. She was one of the best corrie characters and you just expect her to walk on in with her classic "oh traceh!" line
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Can anyone explain to me why Kanye is so popular. He seems such an arrogant ......... right up his own bottom. What is there to admire??? Another mystery is the constant media coverage of the Kadashians? Ghastly vulgar people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone explain to me why Kanye is so popular. He seems such an arrogant ......... right up his own bottom. What is there to admire??? Another mystery is the constant media coverage of the Kadashians? Ghastly vulgar people.
    I can only think that Kanye, like Eminem, is regarded as one of hip hop's 'characters' thanks to his big mouth. Filling the gap left by Tupac.

The Kardashians shouldn't even be famous really. Dad Richard was OJ's lawyer which turned his family into a celebrity one.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne kirbride will be there
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I can only think that Kanye, like Eminem, is regarded as one of hip hop's 'characters' thanks to his big mouth. Filling the gap left by Tupac.

Please don't compare Kanye West to Eminem or Tupac ever again. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have no idea either. People say he's talented and some have even called him a genius but I can't see it.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most shocking celebrity moment so far this year was the day when Kim Kardashians bum was NOT featured in the Daily Mail showbiz section.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Another baffled one here! The times that I've heard Kanye referred to as a genius, often by other artists and music critics, genuinely baffles me. I'm no great fan of hip-hop but can appreciate when someone does something a bit special - Eminem became a massive global megastar for good reason - but Kanye.... nope, don't get it at all!
  • Options
    fadedfaded Posts: 2,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that thinks people dying are regarded as 'shocking celeb moments' is slightly uncomfortable. These people died and left behind devestated families, can hardly be compared to Madonna falling off a stage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    faded wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks people dying are regarded as 'shocking celeb moments' is slightly uncomfortable. These people died and left behind devestated families, can hardly be compared to Madonna falling off a stage
    I think Robin Williams' unexpected suicide was a genuinely shocking moment. I agree that sticking the event on some list may be trivialises it but that's the world of celebrity and I'm sure celebs and their families understand that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Please don't compare Kanye West to Eminem or Tupac ever again. :o
    I was struggling for comparisons! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris1978 wrote: »
    The most shocking celebrity moment so far this year was the day when Kim Kardashians bum was NOT featured in the Daily Mail showbiz section.

It's now been replaced with her terrible blonde dye job.
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    It's now been replaced with her terrible blonde dye job.

There are about 8 articles on it! Almost worse than the 50+ articles on the Oscars/VS Fashion show. Pimp Mama K must pay them a great amount each year.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kanye is a brilliant producer, one of the best in the industry. He could certainly be described as a genius when it comes to that. And while he's certainly not the best lyricist or rapper ever, he does have a message in a lot of his songs and doesnt just make chart chasing hits with no substance. He's not afraid to be different and try new things. I personally find his rants quite entertaining, he does talk a lot of crap and at times he can really make you cringe, but he also raises awareness of a lot of humanitarian issues and often speaks out against racial prejudice and homophobia.Theres no way you can tell me that madonna and beyonce or lady gaga or any other big mainstream music star around doesnt also seem like a bit of a dick in reality. so its weird to me that kanye gets singled out, we need more characters like him in the mainstream who are not afraid to speak out and are passionate about everything they do, not just assembly line cut outs who toe the line.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When Kanye West first started out, he was an absolute breath of fresh air. Someone in hip hop who gave us something different. His first album was an absolute work of art and I speak as someone middle aged, not a youngster. Some of the stuff he;s produced and collaborated on is absolute classic material
    Not sure if it was his mothers death that sent him over the edge or whether it was just his ego exploding but he definitely lost the plot after Later Registration and doesn't ever seem to have found his way back
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »

The Kardashians shouldn't even be famous really. Dad Richard was OJ's lawyer which turned his family into a celebrity one.

His name is Robert not Richard and that's not why they are famous. OJ and Nicole were close family friends and Robert helped out on the trial because of that. The Kardashians were already hanging out in socialite circles before that, you could probably credit Paris Hilton more than the OJ trial for their fame as she was best friends with Kim.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Bill Shatner missing the funeral:

http://www.thewrap.com/william-shatner-breaks-silence-on-absence-from-leonard-nimoys-funeral/

He can always attend a Red Cross event at another time. I'm sure they would understand why he cancelled.

You only get one chance to go to a funeral :kitty:
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    When Kanye West first started out, he was an absolute breath of fresh air. Someone in hip hop who gave us something different. His first album was an absolute work of art and I speak as someone middle aged, not a youngster. Some of the stuff he;s produced and collaborated on is absolute classic material
    Not sure if it was his mothers death that sent him over the edge or whether it was just his ego exploding but he definitely lost the plot after Later Registration and doesn't ever seem to have found his way back

I've no idea about his music, but I do wish the plank would stop hailing himself as a designer >:( Especially when he walks around dressed as a homeless man.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Bruce Jenner's transgression to becoming a woman at his age is fairly shocking. To have lived that long and perhaps only now taking that step seems strange - but very brave too. He must have struggled for a while with it all - and it isn't helped by the fact that he is attached to such a "low key" private family:(.

Mind you all the Kardashian's men seemed to have struggled in some capacity - Rob, Scott and Lamar - all have their demons. Hardly surprising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    His name is Robert not Richard and that's not why they are famous. OJ and Nicole were close family friends and Robert helped out on the trial because of that. The Kardashians were already hanging out in socialite circles before that, you could probably credit Paris Hilton more than the OJ trial for their fame as she was best friends with Kim.
    Fair enough. I did mean Robert. I guess all the publicity adds up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Chris Brown discovering that he has a 9 month old daughter.
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Chris Brown discovering that he has a 9 month old daughter.

Considering his notorious past i'm surprised that he doesn't have 3 hidden kids. Brown beating up Rihanna was shocking this, to me, was just "what do girls see in this douch3" *eyeroll*.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That madonna thing wasn't shocking .... it was hilarious.