Are the Beckham children too exposed to the media?

Comments

• Hershal_GreeneHershal_Greene Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone see that show with David going off to hunt and the beckhams were at the start?

David and Brooklyn are very close and Victoria was moaning about humidity and his hair and Brooklyn got told off for laughing at her.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    YES, two boys now "working" as models. Seems ridiculous how often these kids of famous parents fi
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Yes the are. Both boy now work as models and it is ridiculous how many kids of rich and famous parents get into this business purely by their name and connections. Who would look at these fashion campaigns if it was not promoted by the Beckham name???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love how you ignored the above posts. Too positive maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David has responded to the dummy comments. He is spot on.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beckhams could quite easily take legal action to ensure that their childrens' faces have to be pixellated in any press photographs, like many other celebrities have done. They don't appear to be interested in doing this, therefore in my opinion David has little cause for complaint in this case.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    He's spot on re the dummy issue. We've all been told by complete strangers how to correctly parent our children, by people who have no clue what is going on.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't comment on the dummy thing as I'm not a parent and although it's probably common knowledge 4 is far too old for a dummy, it's not really a big deal.

However, Beckham's response and irked me a bit. A lot of the Beckham 'papped' shots are not, they are pre-agreed, usually with Harper and David looking cute together or the family indulging in healthy past times (buying smoothes, going to spinning class etc). I do think, given the candid and poor quality of the photos that the pictures of David, Brooklyn and Harper larking about in a car park were genuinely papped photos that the Beckhams had no control over. And although it was a little intrusive, it perhaps revealed that the 'perfect parents' are perhaps just ordinary, imperfect parents after all. And the notorious control freaks with the best PR in the world don't like it.

I also did not like the aggressive tone David Beckham used in his response. I think they are angry and embarrassed that their carefully cultivated image has been broken a bit. What he's saying is, 'we will present our children and our parenting skills to you and we ask that you approve, but if you criticise us at all, we will not accept it and lambast you'. Double standards Becks, you can't use your children to cultivate an image then throw a hissy fit when people don't like what they see. 4 is too old for a dummy and people have the right to say it. That's called freedom of speech. OR does playing football in thr past make you immune from that?

I do wonder if the Beckhams are under a bit of pressure at the moment regarding their forever unsettled kids who seem to live in two countries on the opposite side of the globe at once. Brooklyn's footballing career is over before it has began and he's drifted into that typical nepotistic career bolthole of "model" (his younger brother is already there). Now they have been exposed as having a daughter who still needs the comfort of a dummy when primary school beckons. It could lead people to think that the kids have been affected by their parents incredible self-interest and globe-trotting lives after all?

Not sure if believe the 'you don't have the facts' line either, simply because it's not the only time Harper has been pictured with a dummy in the past year. Neither does she look like a child with a raging fever. If you kids are directionless or still using dummys at an inappropriate age Becks - then own it. Don't turn it round on the public and make them feel guilty for judging you. Bad call.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Great post Daisy.

Let's be honest - the Beckhams have actively encouraged their children to be in the public eye - if they wanted to have their faces pixellated they could - they have the money and the clout to be able to do this. They *could* live their lives in relative privacy - but have never chosen this route - from the days of the OK photo shoots to the documentaries when they moved to Spain etc. No, the children shouldn't have to be covered in burkas every time they venture out - but there's a subtle difference between living your life 'normally' and actively encouraging the spotlight.

You lie down with dogs you get fleas. Constantly expose your children to the spotlight and you WILL get both praise and criticism - it's as simple as that. I know DB isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but surely even he must be able to see that?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if believe the 'you don't have the facts' line either, simply because it's not the only time Harper has been pictured with a dummy in the past year. Neither does she look like a child with a raging fever. If you kids are directionless or still using dummys at an inappropriate age Becks - then own it. Don't turn it round on the public and make them feel guilty for judging you. Bad call.

David and Victoria could have kept her in when she wasn't well. That could be the reason why you've not seen Harper with what looks like a fever.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    the two eldest CHILDREN have already hitched a ride on the backs of their parents...

What happened to 'normal' Brooklyn being made to work in a coffee shop? well it wasn't having THAT on his CV that catapulted him to 'model' was it?... and it wont be that which will help him get 'starring roles' in films..

Of course they are over exposed.... they HAVE to be to SELL BRAND BECKHAM...

So glad that the majority of people on here can see through the hard sell....

IF Harper had "a fever" what was she doing racing about a car park?? POOR, POOR attempt at damage limitation golden balls!!!... shows how thick he really is.

P.S loathe people who fawn over this family >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    No newspaper should be publishing photos of a 4 year old girl and the DM is disgraceful for doing so.

No person should be judging anybodys parenting either, I certainly wouldn't as it helps no one, and do these people on here who are judging ever let their children watch tv, drink fizzy juice, eat sugar etc? Nobody should be taking the moral high ground as far as children are concerned...this is hardly neglect or child abuse
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised at Beckhams response and thought it was a load of rubbish what he said. Let's face it, neither he nor VB would admit that the kids far too big to be sucking on a dummy so they pretend she's poorly. she looked the picture of health running along the pavement after her brother and Dad.

A dummy is used to comfort a baby not a hefty big girl of 4. It is supposed to replace the mothers nipple ..... Would VB still be suckling a 4 year old? I don't think so. They will never admit they're wrong though.

As for the bit about it being private, they push all their kids to be photographed wherever in the world they are. They all Love it and have made all their millions from the public wanting to see photos of them.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No newspaper should be publishing photos of a 4 year old girl and the DM is disgraceful for doing so.

No person should be judging anybodys parenting either, I certainly wouldn't as it helps no one, and do these people on here who are judging ever let their children watch tv, drink fizzy juice, eat sugar etc? Nobody should be taking the moral high ground as far as children are concerned...this is hardly neglect or child abuse

The DM is doing what the parents allow them to (and that applies to the child of any celeb that appears in the press). One quick letter from their solicitor and the children's faces will have to be pixelated out at the very least. The fact they aren't suggests they are happy enough with the situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet half here arent parents and if they are it would be the typical "my child is great they do nothing wrong" as the parent leaves tgjem in front of the tv while they post on DS wasting their childs holiday.

Most of the people on here blame the parents. If that is the case leave the kids alone. Lets hope parents arent so judgemental about your darlings at school because trust me it happens.

As for the boys... and what? Modelling can lead to so much. If you can't get your kids a job at a corner shop never mind a agency that is your problem. If I was rich I would open doors for my kids to. Envy and self servant "why havent I got it its not fair."
    Vile.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I didn't comment on the dummy thing as I'm not a parent and although it's probably common knowledge 4 is far too old for a dummy, it's not really a big deal.

However, Beckham's response and irked me a bit. A lot of the Beckham 'papped' shots are not, they are pre-agreed, usually with Harper and David looking cute together or the family indulging in healthy past times (buying smoothes, going to spinning class etc). I do think, given the candid and poor quality of the photos that the pictures of David, Brooklyn and Harper larking about in a car park were genuinely papped photos that the Beckhams had no control over. And although it was a little intrusive, it perhaps revealed that the 'perfect parents' are perhaps just ordinary, imperfect parents after all. And the notorious control freaks with the best PR in the world don't like it.

I also did not like the aggressive tone David Beckham used in his response. I think they are angry and embarrassed that their carefully cultivated image has been broken a bit. What he's saying is, 'we will present our children and our parenting skills to you and we ask that you approve, but if you criticise us at all, we will not accept it and lambast you'. Double standards Becks, you can't use your children to cultivate an image then throw a hissy fit when people don't like what they see. 4 is too old for a dummy and people have the right to say it. That's called freedom of speech. OR does playing football in thr past make you immune from that?

I do wonder if the Beckhams are under a bit of pressure at the moment regarding their forever unsettled kids who seem to live in two countries on the opposite side of the globe at once. Brooklyn's footballing career is over before it has began and he's drifted into that typical nepotistic career bolthole of "model" (his younger brother is already there). Now they have been exposed as having a daughter who still needs the comfort of a dummy when primary school beckons. It could lead people to think that the kids have been affected by their parents incredible self-interest and globe-trotting lives after all?

You have way too much time on your hands.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    P.S loathe people who fawn over this family >:(

I loathe people who think they are the devil incarnate.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    David has responded to the dummy comments. He is spot on.
    He's spot on re the dummy issue. We've all been told by complete strangers how to correctly parent our children, by people who have no clue what is going on.

^ Absolutely all this. I'm fairly indifferent to the Beckhams but all this JudgyMcJudgy stuff on here over a 4-yr old child sucking a dummy is pretty desperate.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I was surprised at Beckhams response and thought it was a load of rubbish what he said. Let's face it, neither he nor VB would admit that the kids far too big to be sucking on a dummy so they pretend she's poorly. she looked the picture of health running along the pavement after her brother and Dad.

A dummy is used to comfort a baby not a hefty big girl of 4. It is supposed to replace the mothers nipple ..... Would VB still be suckling a 4 year old? I don't think so. They will never admit they're wrong though.

As for the bit about it being private, they push all their kids to be photographed wherever in the world they are. They all Love it and have made all their millions from the public wanting to see photos of them.

Yep. I hate the phrase 'keeping it real' but in this case I think they should have kept it real! If they'd have just said "We've told her she's too told for this but she was having an off day so we indulged her!" then I think people would have really appreciated their honesty.

But instead they have taken a very anti stance basically said, in quite an aggressive way "We are above criticism, so don't you dare comment".

As I said earlier, I didn't think the dummy itself was much of an issue outside of Netmummys or whatever but the way they've deal with this is a PR disaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet half here arent parents and if they are it would be the typical "my child is great they do nothing wrong" as the parent leaves tgjem in front of the tv while they post on DS wasting their childs holiday.

Most of the people on here blame the parents. If that is the case leave the kids alone. Lets hope parents arent so judgemental about your darlings at school because trust me it happens.

As for the boys... and what? Modelling can lead to so much. If you can't get your kids a job at a corner shop never mind a agency that is your problem. If I was rich I would open doors for my kids to. Envy and self servant "why havent I got it its not fair."
    Vile.

What is a self servant?
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

The Beckhams get judged because they put themselves out there none stop . This is not a normal everyday family . So it's par of the course that along with the positive that people are negative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »

What's most amusing is the dimwits commenting underneath!
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    You have way too much time on your hands.

Lol, says you with enough time on your hands to dip into this thread, I love these moments of irony on DS :D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    If they didn't spend so much time traipsing through airports maybe the paps wouldn't see them so often....