Options

EE: at what age is a slapper no longer a slapper?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
just wondering with all the funny comments how Stacey wrecks marriages, although we have yet to see a scene where she forces the married guys to have sex woith her, while Glenda is being at least as bad but doesn't seem to get 1% of the hate.

what gives? sympathy for the oldie, or what is behind that double standard? :D

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Glenda is a campy old woman who says and does the most ridiculous things. Stacey was a sour faced cowbag who got away with everything on the show right up until her final ep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenda is a campy old woman who says and does the most ridiculous things. Stacey was a sour faced cowbag who got away with everything on the show right up until her final ep.

and that is why one is allowed to 'wreck homes' and the other isn't? :D

we are off to a good start, this thread might deliver.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey is mentally ill. She doesn't delight in wrecking families. But yeh, she is a bit of a slapper.

Glenda is a piece of work. Her game is banging the two arch enemmies of the square. She's a dirty selfish witch. Why her children want her back is beyond me. They have each other, Roxie has Amy, and Ronnie has a husband. Why do they need a mother that left them years ago, and by all accounts was never much of a mum anyway. But then again Ronnie was willing to forgive her dad after he molested her.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Glenda's a slapper too.

I don't discriminate. They'e both loose. :cool:
  • Options
    Phil MitchellPhil Mitchell Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    until they are sexually incapable of sleeping with multiple men due to age or a medical condition
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Probably because Glenda is not seen as a long-term threat, being older. It is probably taken from the viewpoint that younger woman may actually be seen as a threat to the whole set-up, whereas the older woman would be considered just a ("grateful") bit on the side.

(Btw, don't shoot the messenger, I am 53 ;))
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    i think you mean at what age does a slapper become a slapper

when they discover what a mans roger actually is and how usefull to them it is and what it does to them :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha Glenda don't look bad for her age, she can sure give some of the younger cast a run for their money :p
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not anything to do with age, it is do with self perception and the perception and attitudes of other towards that particular person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey is mentally ill. She doesn't delight in wrecking families.

not according to a number of posters who keep calling her homewrecker and worse and also seem to have actual hate in store for a fictional character. :D

sometimes i wonder if these people are just hating that it happened to them in real life and now have an easy target to aim their helpless anger at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NightCrow wrote: »
    Probably because Glenda is not seen as a long-term threat, being older.

so it matters what age the bird is the unfaithful part in the affair (aka husband) get their end away in? come on. a cheat is a cheat is a cheat, no matter how old the involved parties are. :D