Options

Most overrated housemate?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
So (in your opinion) who do you think is the most overrated housemate?

For me it's Science. Don't get why he was popular. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's obviously Aisleyne. No contest.

although Gina is catching up in terms of overratedness.

Science was a legend. Anybody who thinks he's overrated is barmy. probably the second best HM ever
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron.

So much
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    It was for me (before the scandal awoke people to him) Sam Pepper. I know a lot of people saw Sam as this series saving holy figure who helped kickstart BB11 back into life but the only reason he came across in that way was because he came in so late in the series when everyone else had already worn themselves down and he looked better by comparison, an argument that I also hold to an extent against Kinga as well, had he of been in the house from the beginning he would have got lost in the shuffle and likely ended up what he did in the show's later stages which was a JJJ lackey.

Added to that his behaviour was disgusting and childish, but IMO only loved around here because it was being used to antagonise the series stiffing Josie and John-James, had he of done that against some of the forum's more beloved figures such as a Ben he would have been lynched for it. He wasn't funny, his stick got stale and he only looks better then what he did because of circumstances beyond his control, take that away from him he's another Seany.
  • Options
    TipptopTipptop Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete was so overrated,

Fell down the stairs and then practically crowned the winner because of his disability
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tipptop wrote: »
    Pete was so overrated,

Fell down the stairs and then practically crowned the winner because of his disability

I'm still not sure I class saying w@nker a lot as a 'disability'. Bit of an insult to paraplegics and blind people

but yes he is way overrated
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shabby. Josie duvet Gibson
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With casual viewers:

Craig BB1, Cameron BB4, Nadia BB5, Anthony BB6, Pete BB7, Brian BB8, Sophie BB10, Josie BB11, Sam BB14, Helen BB15

(all unworthy winners, imo)

On this forum?

Sophie BB10, Sara BB9, Rex BB9, Nicky BB8, everyone from all C5 series with no live feed.

Not overrated (i.e. highly rated by a majority and correctly so):
    Anna BB1, Helen BB2, Jon BB4, Dan & Victor BB5, Science BB6, Aisleyne BB7, Samanda BB8, Rachel BB9, Freddie & Marcus BB10, Ben BB11, Couldn't care BB12+

Underrated
    Gerry, Shabnam, Jonty & Kara-Louise BB8, Maysoon BB9, Angel BB10, Sunshine & Shabby BB11, Maisy BB12, Lauren & Lydia BB13

I undoubtedly missed some....
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deana. I feel like she was just the best of a very bad bunch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overrated on this forum, really badly...

Victor.
    Freddie.
    Marcus.
    Aaron.
    Gina.
    Dexter.
    Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    Deana. I feel like she was just the best of a very bad bunch.

yep highly unmemorable. The only thing she's known for is almost being raped by a pair of hair-straightners.

I had to google her to remember what she looked like
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deana and Gina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Victor.
    Freddie.
    Marcus.
    Aaron.
    Gina.
    Dexter.
    Jim Davidson.

I was waiting for somebody to mention Victor - the man who saved Big Brother and reality TV in general, and arguably the greatest TV personality of modern times.

I guess some people just don't recognise quality when they see it:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for somebody to mention Victor - the man who saved Big Brother and reality TV in general, and arguably the greatest TV personality of modern times.

I guess some people just don't recognise quality when they see it:(

Lol. I quite like him now, or at least respect him; he is a bright and invigorating forum member when he drops by. But I don't actually remember him saving Big Brother - by being evicted early you mean? - or indeed the entire world of reality tv, almost all of which has launched long after his stint. People always act as if he was Oscar Wilde, coming out with an endless stream of hilarious wit, instead of a moody, often disagreeable housemate who had a couple of amusing diary room moments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should have won but lasting 8 weeks is hardly 'early'

I'll never forgive the Harem/Get-along-gang for ganging up against him and manipulating the public into evicting him. Absolute scum the lot of them >:(
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Lol. I quite like him now, or at least respect him; he is a bright and invigorating forum member when he drops by. But I don't actually remember him saving Big Brother - by being evicted early you mean? - or indeed the entire world of reality tv, almost all of which has launched long after his stint. People always act as if he was Oscar Wilde, coming out with an endless stream of hilarious wit, instead of a moody, often disagreeable housemate who had a couple of amusing diary room moments.

don't forget he had the sniffles too....
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    On this forum anodyne Rachel Rice, vacuous Ashleigh Coyle and excruciating Aisleyne seem to be highly rated when they were awful.
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member

Victor.
    Freddie.
    Marcus.
    Aaron.
    Gina.
    Dexter.
    Jim Davidson.

I love all of the above.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rachel is very overrated here, I do like the girl and supported her win, but she was NOT exciting television. I appreciate her most TBH for exposing production biases and robbing them of a predictable and tedious Mikey win.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,117
    Forum Member
    I never really like the term 'overrated', as it usually equals 'I don't like them but most people do' and makes you come across as a bit of a spoilsport and a party-pooper.

I suppose I'd say Lisa and Sara from BB9 are what I would call overrated. I didn't dislike either of them but I certainly didn't like them as much as alot of other people did.
    I found Lisa a bit too cringeworthy with her talks of how 'wild' and 'crazy' she is but she tended to come across totally humourless.
    Meanwhile, I felt like Sara was a bit of an airhead (for lack of a better expression). Not some fierce warrior that she is sometimes bigged up as. She was just a spare part most of the time and nominated the two housemates with the least power and least social currency (Mo and Rachel) every single time she could. I mean did she even think about her nominations week-to-week?
  • Options
    *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gina, Dexter, Toya
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,117
    Forum Member

I'll never forgive the Harem/Get-along-gang for ganging up against him and manipulating the public into evicting him. Absolute scum the lot of them >:(

Interesting take on it. I look at it that while Nadia/Dan/Shell/Michelle/Stuart just got on with it and had fun together, Victor and Jason got themselves worked up with their plots and schemes. Which led to Victor exploding and Jason resenting every housemate and the whole show itself. Self-sabotage comes to mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I would add Deana to my list. Don't get the popularity. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Imogen is insanely overrated as well, she was a dullard for nearly all of her stay in the show and it is only her post show infamy which has led to this re-evaluation of her as this UTR hilarious figure when it was the 'Hot Topics' moment and that's it.

The same can be said for Sophie Reade, a similarly irrelevant housemate who doesn't get the criticism as a contestant due to being an attractive female, take Sophie out of BB10 and the story of the show does not change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was team Dan'n'Shell. I mean, they were never really a team, but they were the two I liked and supported. I can see that an ultra-Victor-fan is never going to warm to Shell though.
    sangreal wrote: »
    On this forum?

Sophie BB10, Sara BB9, Rex BB9, Nicky BB8, everyone from all C5 series with no live feed.
    I don't think Sophie is highly rated on this forum at all. Whenever I see her mentioned I feel as if I am swimming against the forum tide in having liked and supported her.
    Underrated
    Angel BB10,..
    I think Angel is overrated on here. She seemed needy and attention seeking to me, always thinking of some stunt to get some camera time.
    I suppose I'd say Lisa and Sara from BB9 are what I would call overrated. I didn't dislike either of them but I certainly didn't like them as much as alot of other people did.
    I found Lisa a bit too cringeworthy with her talks of how 'wild' and 'crazy' she is but she tended to come across totally humourless.
    She did, yes, and her popularity seemed to come out of nowhere. I have seen people saying that 'if she hadn't been evicted she would have won', which never makes any sense, but especially not in her case. She was quite a dull housemate I thought.

I agree that Sara's nominations were not very inspiring, but she was a bit of a force of nature: loud, indomitable and flirting like Miss Piggy crossed with a charging rhino. I suppose she had a Kinga-ish vibe, both of them coming in late and trying to cram many week's missed experiences into the time they had left.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »

The same can be said for Sophie Reade, a similarly irrelevant housemate who doesn't get the criticism as a contestant due to being an attractive female, take Sophie out of BB10 and the story of the show does not change.

:o:o:o
    just think of all the Mint Banter from Kris we would have missed though :o
    it doesn't bear thinking about :cry::cry: