Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths?

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
My most shocking celebrity death would have to be Aaliyah. She was just about to become a worldwide sensation - I wouldn't have been surprised that if she had still lived she would be as big as Beyonce, Lady GaGa and Rihanna.

Comments

• Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steven Gately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Who can forget David Carradine? What a way to go.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Hutchence
    Princess Diana
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Phoenix. Kurt Cobain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Michael Jackson and Corey Haim
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    My most shocking celebrity death would have to be Aaliyah. She was just about to become a worldwide sensation - I wouldn't have been surprised that if she had still lived she would be as big as Beyonce, Lady GaGa and Rihanna.

I arrived in New York the day of the crash, everyone was talking about it. The funeral was massive, seemed everyone was heading in the direction of the church.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaliyah
    MJ
    Brittany Murphy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lennon, River Phoenix and Kirsty MacColl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Princess Diana
    John Lennon
    Jill Dando
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Jayne Mansfield
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Jade Goody.
  • MistylllMistylll Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Michael Jackson
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've just seen that aaliyah was only 22 when she died,for some reason i thought she was around 27-28 but yeah that was shocking when she died
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Princess Diana
    John Lennon
    Jill Dando

It`s over 30yrs since he was murdered...so many younger people will not be aware of how big a story this was at the time....The vigil's and out pouring of grief in the US was probably greater in scale than when Michael Jackson died.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It`s over 30yrs since he was murdered...so many younger people will not be aware of how big a story this was at the time....The vigil's and out pouring of grief in the US was probably greater in scale than when Michael Jackson died.

there was a programme on last night about it, the photographer who took the last picture, the dr's etc...even after all this time it brought a lump to my throat with the reactions of people
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »

I had to look up the name, I would have thought that Sharon Tate's death must be one of the most shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I had to look up the name, I would have thought that Sharon Tate's death must be one of the most shocking.

I suppose it depends on whether we are talking about the circumstances surrounding a celebs death...or the celeb themselves....If it`s the circumstances....Then Sharon Tate`s murder has to be up there:(
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Sharon Tate
    Natalie Wood
    Marilyn Monroe
    Michael Hutchence
    River Phoenix
    Chris Benoit
    Marvin Gaye
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Selina - a Latin singer who, whilst not really known here, was murdered by the president of her fan club at the peak of her career. Jennifer Lopez went on to play her in a movie. I had never heard of her at all so her death wasn't particularly shocking the same way as say Michael Jackson or Princess Diana - but its the whole story behind it.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    MJ I remember it so clearly just going of to bed decide to switch through the news and there it was so many different story's could not believe it. Hardest thing was telling my sister.
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Phil Hartman..
  • caramac42caramac42 Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Selina - a Latin singer who, whilst not really known here, was murdered by the president of her fan club at the peak of her career. Jennifer Lopez went on to play her in a movie. I had never heard of her at all so her death wasn't particularly shocking the same way as say Michael Jackson or Princess Diana - but its the whole story behind it.

That was a tragic story. She was about to make the crossover to the English speaking music world. But I agree not a lot of people may know of her unless they saw the movie.

I think I was most shocked by Diana`s death and Michael Jackson, but I was 13 when they announced Lennon had been shot and killed and everyone was stunned. At that time if it didn`t involve Duran Duran or the Human League.....sadly I wasn`t really interested :o I do remember being horrified when I saw the picture of him on the sidewalk dead.

Jill Dando was not only shocking but so unexpected as she was so "normal".

Michael Hutchens was a surprise but sadly Paula Yates death was not so much unexpected.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heath Ledger. The TV news had a 'special' program to watch for his body being removed from the house.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    Phil Hartman..

Just read up on that. How tragic.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Tommy cooper