Best Phone With A KeyPad

Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
Forum Member
✭✭
Are there any decent new phones and if so which is the best - that has a actual keypad?

Ideally one with as little as possible touchscreen requirement.

Comments

• WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackberry?
  • icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Htc desire z, not that new but a great phone with keyboard.
  • CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia 1100
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for those. Never been to attracted to a Blackberry up to now but will look at all three suggestions.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Samsung Galaxy Y Pro has a physical qwuity keyboard.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Samsung+Galaxy+Y+Pro&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

It also has a 2.6" touch screen a rear mounted 3MP camera and runs Android OS Gingerbread 2.3.6 and it has a single sim card slot.

There is also a dual sim version Samsung Galay Y Pro Duo.

Or if you do not want a smartphone but still want a phone with a physical qwuity keyboard then there is the Samsung Chat 335 and the Nokia Asha 201 and Nokia Asha 302.

There is also the HTC Cha Cha if you can find one.

I hope that all this helps.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Please may I join in?
    My Blackberry Bold had a keypad and a touchscreen facility but it kept putting callers on hold while I was speaking to them.
    I got the handset exchanged but it happened with the new one as well.
    Seems like it is a fault on some Blackberries with both qwerty and touchscreen. Sometimes the touchscreen isn't disabled when on a call so the movement of your cheek while speaking can activate the buttons on the screen! Speakerphone, hold, mute etc!!!

I now have a Blackberry Curve which has a keypad but no touchscreen - I don't like it as much as the Bold. But there isn't a Bold without touchscreen.
    I do like the Blackberries overall, though.
    I want a keypad phone that doesn't have touchscreen.
    That Galaxy Pro looks nice but it seems to have both. Has anyone else experienced touchscreen and qwerty combined phones putting callers on hold?

Is this Galaxy one a good bet?