Username Silliness (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of: Username Silliness
HI! TO ANYONE WHO IS PASSING -

... this thread started life summer 2013 as an invite to people in the Big Brother forum to post how they arrived at their username.
Very quickly it evolved into a general chatter forum that loosely (very loosely :D) associated with BB.
And eventually we were given a new home here in Chatter, because not everyone likes the forums to be untidy and off-topic and have friendly places.

Come in, just watch if you want (we know lots do, we can see you :D), and join in with whatever you please that doesn't have sharp edges.

We don't bite, we're not a clique, and everyone who has anything or nothing to say is welcome to put their feet up and enjoy sense, nonsense, cheese and biscuits and all sorts of other things. Bring your pets.

Oh yes, did we mention we're not a clique? If that's how you think, it's your problem, not ours. We're too busy trying to work out what we're on about ... :D

...and cleaning up the previous day's chaos ;)

Hope to hear from you soon
The Username Silliness Crew
x
I think that too - it seems a bit Kate Bush-like or something, and has very little graphics other than the dancer. :confused:

Comments

• planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    oooo er we have been part twoooed :eek:
    Forum Member
    everyone seems to have got lost in the space-time continuum between threads .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I TOLD YOU THINGS HAPPEN WHEN I HEAR THAT SONG!!!!!

My fault - I mailed the mods asking how we went about opening part 2, ut only a general enquiry. I expected a mail tomorrow explaining. :o:o:o:o
    Now where was I??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

... this thread started life summer 2013 as an invite to people in the Big Brother forum to post how they arrived at their username.
    Very quickly it evolved into a general chatter forum that loosely (very loosely :D) associated with BB.
    And eventually we were given a new home here in Chatter, because not everyone likes the forums to be untidy and off-topic and have friendly places.

Come in, just watch if you want (we know lots do, we can see you :D), and join in with whatever you please that doesn't have sharp edges.

We don't bite, we're not a clique, and everyone who has anything or nothing to say is welcome to put their feet up and enjoy sense, nonsense, cheese and biscuits and all sorts of other things. Bring your pets.

Oh yes, did we mention we're not a clique? If that's how you think, it's your problem, not ours. We're too busy trying to work out what we're on about ... :D

x
    Forum Member
    I TOLD YOU THINGS HAPPEN WHEN I HEAR THAT SONG!!!!!

My fault - I mailed the mods asking how we went about opening part 2, ut only a general enquiry. I expected a mail tomorrow explaining. :o:o:o:o

hahahahhahahahahaa the power of the Cocteau Twins strikes again :eek::eek::eek::eek:

or the Power of Dave......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes ...
    planets wrote: »
    not quite sure what i've done but i do apologise
    Grrr - an Eno and a Cocteau. I'm too busy being a bit maudlin to cope with a ton of jealousy now:D:D

I sometimes intentionally put myself into such moods just for the interest. I climb out for myself after a couple of hours if nothing else snaps me out of it,and I'm actually extremely happy throughout. Bloody nutter.
    I've switched Floyd off for a bit though, I really can't handle the Live8 footage of the last time they could ever play again - that does me in too :D:D.
    oh that track ALWAYS takes me back to being about 17 and driving across sussex in the middle of the night!!!
    Sussex!!! Which bits???
    and that's another bloody trigger - Peter Gabriel's 'Solsbury Hill' which I associate with a very long journey home over the Downs towards Brighton late at night with a very, very dear friend. We didn't know that was the last time we'd see each other for 15 years.

(I'll go back and do a preamble for anyone who stumbles on this thread in the previous post)
    Forum Member
    this is a holding for a bit

can you translate that please?
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    I TOLD YOU THINGS HAPPEN WHEN I HEAR THAT SONG!!!!!My fault - I mailed the mods asking how we went about opening part 2, ut only a general enquiry. I expected a mail tomorrow explaining. :o:o:o:o
    Now where was I??

You did It nearly gave me heart failure when I replied and got kicked back. Now WTF was I saying?
    Forum Member
    Now we are all talking at once - but I guess we wil sort ourselves out - we usually do.

I was going to say that you can't do an Argentine Tango solo. It is absolutely a partner dance. In fact the most partenery of partner dances. The physics won't work on your own and you would fall flat on your face, literally.

I was also going to say Jethro Tull - What were they thinking!:eek:
    Forum Member
    Oh yes ...

Grrr - an Eno and a Cocteau. I'm too busy being a bit maudlin to cope with a ton of jealousy now:D:D

I sometimes intentionally put myself into such moods just for the interest. I climb out for myself after a couple of hours if nothing else snaps me out of it,and I'm actually extremely happy throughout. Bloody nutter.
    I've switched Floyd off for a bit though, I really can't handle the Live8 footage of the last time they could ever play again - that does me in too :D:D.

Sussex!!! Which bits???
    and that's another bloody trigger - Peter Gabriel's 'Solsbury Hill' which I associate with a very long journey home over the Downs towards Brighton late at night with a very, very dear friend. We didn't know that was the last time we'd see each other for 15 years.

(I'll go back and do a preamble for anyone who stumbles on this thread in the previous post)

ooops better not mention Laurie Anderson then.....

lived in the chichestery area and used to travel to Brighton/Burgess Hill area a lot at that age.....
    ....ah those moments when we don't know it's the last.....*sigh*
    there are times when i think that is better than the heartache of goodbye......
    Forum Member
    i do hope FInk can find us.......
    Forum Member
    Oh yes ...

Sussex!!! Which bits???

Oh that has whetted my appetite. Don't worry I don't expect you to tell all on here but it sounds like the opening to a book or a film
    Forum Member
    by the way just found out if you are subscribed to the old thread the subscription to this thread will not happen automatically so remember to subscribe for ease of access.....
    Forum Member
    by the way just found out if you are subscribed to the old thread the subscription to this thread will not happen automatically so remember to subscribe for ease of access.....

Right Ho - thanks P xx
    Forum Member
    You did It nearly gave me heart failure when I replied and got kicked back. Now WTF was I saying?

did you think you'd been banned?!
    Forum Member

Yes or our business had been shut down. I was mentally back tracking trying to work out what we had done wrong. The only thing I could think of was a passing reference to "Its 2am in the morning/bat thread. :D (Happy days;))
    Forum Member

... this thread started life summer 20113 as an invite to people in the Big Brother forum to post how they arrived at their username.

x

nice post seconded....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was also going to say Jethro Tull - What were they thinking!:eek:
    Ian Anderson Bah! :mad:
    ooops better not mention Laurie Anderson then.....
    That's IT. Out. NOW! :mad::mad: :D
    Thought crossed my mind :D:D

Ah ... Yes, when they were still great. I so want to turn this up!!!!
    Forum Member
    Yes or our business had been shut down. I was mentally back tracking trying to work out what we had done wrong. The only thing I could think of was a passing reference to "Its 2am in the morning/bat thread. :D (Happy days;))

hope your adrenalin surge has calmed a bit.....i re-read the bat thread this afternoon it was most enjoyable!!! Who knew we'd all be still chatting so many weeks later!!!!
    Forum Member
    nice post seconded....

Well nearly except the thread was started 18 millennia into the future AD 20013 - cool trick:cool:
    Forum Member
    Well nearly except the thread was started 18 millennia into the future AD 20013 - cool trick:cool:

i'm really hoping he doesn't read that post until the ability to edit has been timed out!!! :D
    it seems most appropriate!
    Forum Member
    i'm really hoping he doesn't read that post until the ability to edit has been timed out!!! :D
    it seems most appropriate!

:D:D:D Yep its suitably nutty.

My comment re Jethro Tull was more about their styling (and I use the term very loosely) they looked like very old men way back when.
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D Yep its suitably nutty.

My comment re Jethro Tull was more about their styling (and I use the term very loosely) they looked like very old men way back when.

awh the hippies. bless, too stoned to style i would imagine....all too busy singing songs in the wood....
    Forum Member
    awh the hippies. bless, to stoned to style i would imagine....all too busy singing songs in the wood....

Well they certainly looked as if they had been pulled through a hedge backwards.:eek:
    Forum Member
    Looks like the gentlemen have left us P. Time to break out the port, walnuts and cigars and the smutty jokes.:D
This discussion has been closed.