Options

can I watch the Oscars live in the UK?

iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to watch live coverage in the UK of tom nights Oscars and if so what channel or website ? If not why the hell not?!

Comments

• Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a special Oscar channel in the movies section (If you have Sky) that shows the Oscars
    Channel 304

I pay for movies so don't know if you get the channel for the duration if you only have basic Sky package.

And as far as I'm aware that's the only channel you can watch the Oscars. Only alternative would be to find a site that is streaming it online.
  • Options
    TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Movies Oscars.

The only way to see it is via somewhere or someone with a subscription.

In London, i was considering a hotel.
    For a film fan in the UK, media reports monotonously drone on only about Brit nominees or winners, so I prefer it live.

Google Sky pubs hotels in your area, or maybe tune into 5Live on the radio tomorrow from midnight.
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Sign up for a free trial of Now TV Movies. You'll get Sky Movies Oscars channel as part of it.
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm subscribed to Sky Movies so all I need now is loads of strong coffee to get through the night ! (and maybe the day off work on monday lol )
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'm subscribed to Sky Movies so all I need now is loads of strong coffee to get through the night ! (and maybe the day off work on monday lol )

I've been staying up until around 6am last few nights and sleeping until about 4pm. Today is an exception due to shopping needs. Little nap later before Oscar time and I'l be good to go for the night and the next day.
  • Options
    Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Does anyone know of good link to watch E's red carpet.

Every year I try to watch the Oscars its an frustrating experience with those buffering out of lynched links.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get sky movies on virgin too, Sky Oscars on channel 404.