Top 8 - Birth Year Songs - Rank The Performances

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,529
Forum Member
✭✭
Simply rank the performances from one to eight, number one being your favourite and number eight being your least.

01. Adam Lambert
02. Anoop Desai
03. Danny Gokey
04. Matt Giraud
05. Kris Allen
06. Allison Iraheta
07. Lil Rounds
08. Scott MacIntyre

Adam and Anoop are practically on par for me this week - both brilliant (as much as I dislike Anoop as a person). :)

Danny was great too.

Allison, Kris and Matt were all very dull.

Lil simply did a poor impersonation of Tina Turner. I'm tired of her now - there's no sparkle anymore.

Scott was unfortunately the worst tonight, though I'm warming to him as a person.

Based on personality, I'd like to see a bottom two made up of Anoop, Lil and Matt.

Based on performances, it should be Allison, Lil and Scott. Though Kris and Matt could both be down there.

Anyway... get ranking. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Adam
    2. Allison
    3. Matt
    4. Anoop
    5. Danny
    6. Lil Rounds
    7. Kris
    8. Scott

Adam, Allison and Matt were excellent I thought, Anoop was good, Danny, Lil and Kris were poor and Scott was dreadful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    01. Matt Giraud
    02. Anoop Desai
    03. Allison Iraheta
    04. Adam Lambert
    05. Kris Allen
    06. Danny Gokey
    07. Lil Rounds
    08. Scott MacIntyre

Matt was fantastic as always. Anoop was great this week and loved Allison aswell. The rest didnt really interest me.

Lil needs to go soon.Really boring me now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Adam Lambert
    2. Allison Iraheta
    3. Anoop Desai
    4. Matt Giraud
    5. Danny Gokey
    6. Lil Rounds
    7. Kris Allen
    8. Scott MacIntyre
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Adam Lambert
    2. Allison Iraheta
    3. Matt Giraud
    4. Anoop Desai
    5. Kris Allen
    6. Danny Gokey
    7. Lil Rounds
    8. Scott MacIntyre
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Adam Lambert (WOW!)
    2. Allison Iraheta
    3. Matt Giraud
    4. Danny Gokey
    5. Kris Allen
    6. Anoop Desai
    7. Lil Rounds
    8. Scott MacIntyre
  • Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    1 Adam Lambert
    2 Allison Iraheta
    3 Matt Giraud
    4 Danny Gokey
    5 Anoop Desai
    6 Kris Allen
    7 Lil Rounds

8 Scott MacIntyre

Someone please lead him to the door.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    01.Allison Iraheta
    02.Matt Giraud
    03.Kris Allen
    04.Danny Gokey
    05.Adam Lambert
    06.Anoop Desai
    07.Lil Rounds
    08.Scott MacIntyre
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Adam Lambert: Haunting and Beautiful, the guy knows how to connect to a song and there was real emotion in his voice. He has always been my favourite this year but this is the first time I've really believed I would match him to my favourite ever Idol (Cookie). This was phenomenal and the vocal control that he displays is undeniably amazing.

2. Allison Iraheta: She's always been my favourite after Adam and once again she showed why. After last week where she was excellent in the verses but brilliant in the chorus she managed to maintain excellence throughout the performance. Demonstrated subtlety and versatility and really carried the weight of the song. I forgot I was listening to a 16 year old girl and really believed her. The fact she pulled off Bonnie Raitte in itself is impressive.

3. Matt Giraud: Well after last week's misshap it was good to see Matt back to his bluesy best. He made Part Time Lover sound current which should be applauded. His opening lines also demonstrated excellent control where as sometimes his riffs and falsetto can be a little manic. Not as amazing as the judges said but he really stepped it up.

***Gap***

4= Danny Gokey & Kris Allen I enjoyed both in a way but agreed that the arrangement on both was off a little. The end of Danny's was good, but Kris' was on the whole more entertaining. What I don't understand is that given they were both good vocals on bad arrangements the judges decided to pimp Danny and lay into Kris, blatently unfair.
    Kris is the other person I want in the final 3 so glad he's safe.

6. Anoop Desai: Yes he sang nicely but it was kind of bland and the song has been done to death. He only seems to be able to pull off the sweet ballads, give him a fast song or a power ballad and he goes wildly off course. He's okay but that's just it. (It was better than the Haley Scarnato version though)

7. Lil Rounds: What is special about Lil? I don't see or hear anything that marks her out. She doesn't match Syesha of last year or Lakisha or Jordin of the year before. She shouts, her upper register is shreiky (and not in a controlled way like Adam) and her phrasing leaves me cold. She's just a good singer without anything there that marks her out as being in any way deserving of winning the competition.

8. Scott MacIntyre: He's a very nice guy and comes up with the best one-liners, but he was poor, it was verging on train wreck particularly when he went into the high notes...
    Absolutely the right person to leave
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead Wife Dude - rather boring. How many times have we heard this song. All on one level.He's so overratted

Kris Allen - dropped the ball with a forgettable ballard

Lil Round - I just want to scream at the TV "Make better choices!". She seems to pick the wrong songs

Scott- I do like him but he has got as far as he could go

Allison - a little darling with a lovely voice. What is Simon saying about no personality?

Anoop - can do ballards beautifully, knows what works and sticks with it.

Matt - better then last week but so inconsistent

Adam - utterly proffessional, good choice of song beautifully delivered. The others must be cursing their luck being on Idol with him.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    1. Adam
    2. Alison
    3. Matt
    4. Kris
    5. Danny
    6. Anoop
    7. Lil
    8. Scott (altho he should be wayyyyyy behind the others!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    01. Danny Gokey
    02. Matt Giraud
    03. Allison Iraheta
    04. Adam Lambert
    05. Anoop Desai
    06. Kris Allen
    07. Lil Rounds
    08. Scott MacIntyre

I 'm so over Adam. I like him, but he bores me. Third rate Marc Bolan impersonator.

Matt - You're bringing sexy back.

Anoop - sly dog.

Kris - bad song choice, man.

Allison - you are not connecting, kid. But you do have an amazing voice.

Danny - LOVE. I could listen to you all day and night.
  • Early DoorsEarly Doors Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Adam Lambert (incomparable)

2 Allison Iraheta (consistently good)

3 Anoop Desai (too many tuning issues but not as bad as the judges suggested)
    4 Matt Giraud (not bad but not good either)

5 Lil Rounds (would have been OK if it wasn't so like an impersonation)

6 Kris Allen (back to bland ..................... no surprise)
    7 Danny Gokey (when I heard the judges' comments I thought there was something wrong with the sound on my TV)

8 Scott McIntyre (lovely guy but out of his depth)

iMocha wrote: »
    I 'm so over Adam. I like him, but he bores me. Third rate Marc Bolan impersonator.

No you don't. How can you say you like someone and then call them a third rate impersonator?

I have to say that performance was extremely boring and had Marc Bolan written all over it :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1: Allison
    2: Adam

3: Lil
    4: Kris

5: Matt

6: Anoop
    7: Danny

8: Scott
  • chillichowderchillichowder Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Gonna keep it brief:

Adam - STUNNING (never seen someone so far ahead of everyone else in a competition like this - even Leona!) If he doesn't win there is something seriously wrong IMO.

Matt - Surprisingly great.
    Allison - Loved the softer side of her.

Danny - Good
    Anoop - His best so far - still not a fan

Kris - Dissapointing after last week
    Lil - Complete copycat of Tina although the vocal was OK.

Scott - Agonisingly painful - especially those high notes - good god.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    01) Allison Iraheta - She's always amazing, seriously. I love EVERY performance she has done and this was just amazing. I pains me that people aren't connecting with her, she's one of the best here and much better than a lot of the guys (Anoop, Scott, Danny and arguably Kris and Matt). She needs to be in the final, she is consistant and is obviously a fighter, she also showed she could be somewhat versatile by picking a slower song!
    02) Matt Giraud - brought it back for last week and was just amazing, hope he makes the final 4!
    I had spoiler tags under each of the bottom 3 and thought it was too much of a give away so shoved one here as well!

**GAP**

03) Adam Lambert - uh, bit boring but vocals were very good. I'm always up and down on him but at least he keeps me on my toes each week! :p
    04) Kris Allen - not his best and a bit disapointing after last week but much better than some of the other drab that is left! :eek:

**BIG GAP**

05) Danny Gokey - maybe if I could connect and like him I'd place him higher, he does have talent and can sing but there's always something missing with him and I don't know what. Also, I don't like it when he smiles in that smug way, be it that he is smug or just geniuinly happy it does look like he's being super smug.
    06) Lil Rounds - I like her, I've stated it thoroughly but she is jsut not as good as everyone made out so now she's suffering. She makes her way through each song nicely but everything is too 'okay' and she's fading away while Allison keeps on pushing.
    I do think she'll bring it back next week as she's had a kick up the arse for becoming complacent (I do honestly think she let the hype get to her head and relaxed). I felt awful watching her near tears when she was being judged, I try not to be swayed by sympathy but it was just horrible.
    07) Anoop Desai - I just don't like him as a performer, he seems a little arrogant too which immediately puts me off.
    So I hope he leaves next week.
    08) Scott MacIntyre - Poor Scott, he's been hyped up to the point where he actually believed he was this brilliant undiscovered talent.
    They messed around with him pretending they were comtemplating saving him and he had to stand there and enjoy it, I thought he was going to beg (and got near it at one point IMO). It's best he's gone, and I'm glad VFTW got a slap in the face by losing him! :D
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Adam Lambert - By miles. Mad skills. The best of six great live performances so far. It can be dangerous to peak too soon. I don't think Adam has anywhere near peaked yet.

2 Allison Iraheta- How can they say this girl has no personality? I find her very engaging and her voice too.

3 Anoop Desai - He always does better with the ballads but how long can that keep him in?

4 Matt Giraud - A few too many duff notes which seems to be a problem for Matt but a good all round performance.

5 Lil Rounds - Her best vocal of the last 13 but a bit of a tribute act performance.

6 Kris Allen - I wish I'd bet on my theory that last week was a flash in the pan.

7 Danny Gokey - Taylor Hicks to Lil's Tina Turner.

8 Scott McIntyre - Followed up his best performance since the last 36 shows with his worst of the series.
  • EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Adam
    2)Adam
    3)Adam
    4)Adam
    5)Adam
    6) Adam

Basically he swept the floor with the others.
  • Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esqualita wrote: »
    1) Adam
    2)Adam
    3)Adam
    4)Adam
    5)Adam
    6) Adam

Basically he swept the floor with the others.

That's only six. So which two did you think were better than Adam?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    1) Alison
    2) Anoop
    3) Danny
    4) Adam (Love him but wasn't keen on Mad World)
    5) Matt
    6) Kris
    7) Lil
    8) Scott (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    The Body wrote: »
    08. Scott MacIntyre
    Willz wrote: »
    8. Scott
    08. Scott MacIntyre
    omgwtfbbq wrote: »
    8. Scott MacIntyre
    smileygirl wrote: »
    8. Scott MacIntyre
    jlrob wrote: »
    8. Scott MacIntyre
    8 Scott MacIntyre

Someone please lead him to the door.
    08.Scott MacIntyre
    FreddieP wrote: »
    8. Scott (altho he should be wayyyyyy behind the others!!)
    iMocha wrote: »
    08. Scott MacIntyre
    8 Scott McIntyre (lovely guy but out of his depth)
    Chance wrote: »
    8: Scott
    Scott - Agonisingly painful - especially those high notes - good god.
    smellyadam wrote: »
    08) Scott MacIntyre - Poor Scott, he's been hyped up to the point where he actually believed he was this brilliant undiscovered talent.
    8 Scott McIntyre - Followed up his best performance since the last 36 shows with his worst of the series.
    8) Scott (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    Ouch!
  • BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8 Scott
    7 Lil

(gap)

6 Danny
    5 Kris
    4 Matt

(crater)

2 Anoop
    3 Allison

(Grand Canyon)

1 Adam
  • EsqualitaEsqualita Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's only six. So which two did you think were better than Adam?

Adam and Adam
  • Mr DoodlesMr Doodles Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FleetSeb wrote: »
    1. Adam Lambert: Haunting and Beautiful, the guy knows how to connect to a song and there was real emotion in his voice. He has always been my favourite this year but this is the first time I've really believed I would match him to my favourite ever Idol (Cookie). This was phenomenal and the vocal control that he displays is undeniably amazing.

2. Allison Iraheta: She's always been my favourite after Adam and once again she showed why. After last week where she was excellent in the verses but brilliant in the chorus she managed to maintain excellence throughout the performance. Demonstrated subtlety and versatility and really carried the weight of the song. I forgot I was listening to a 16 year old girl and really believed her. The fact she pulled off Bonnie Raitte in itself is impressive.

3. Matt Giraud: Well after last week's misshap it was good to see Matt back to his bluesy best. He made Part Time Lover sound current which should be applauded. His opening lines also demonstrated excellent control where as sometimes his riffs and falsetto can be a little manic. Not as amazing as the judges said but he really stepped it up.

***Gap***

4= Danny Gokey & Kris Allen I enjoyed both in a way but agreed that the arrangement on both was off a little. The end of Danny's was good, but Kris' was on the whole more entertaining. What I don't understand is that given they were both good vocals on bad arrangements the judges decided to pimp Danny and lay into Kris, blatently unfair.
    Kris is the other person I want in the final 3 so glad he's safe.

6. Anoop Desai: Yes he sang nicely but it was kind of bland and the song has been done to death. He only seems to be able to pull off the sweet ballads, give him a fast song or a power ballad and he goes wildly off course. He's okay but that's just it. (It was better than the Haley Scarnato version though)

7. Lil Rounds: What is special about Lil? I don't see or hear anything that marks her out. She doesn't match Syesha of last year or Lakisha or Jordin of the year before. She shouts, her upper register is shreiky (and not in a controlled way like Adam) and her phrasing leaves me cold. She's just a good singer without anything there that marks her out as being in any way deserving of winning the competition.

8. Scott MacIntyre: He's a very nice guy and comes up with the best one-liners, but he was poor, it was verging on train wreck particularly when he went into the high notes...
    Absolutely the right person to leave

Couldn't have written that better myself! :)
  • razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member
    1. Adam Lambert - best by a mile, this was like when David Cook did Billie Jean proving him to be the class act of the show

2. Allison Iraheta - her best to date
    3. Matt Giraud - also very good

quite a big gap
    4. Anoop Desai
    5. Lil Rounds
    6. Danny Gokey
    7. Kris Allen
    not much between these four, I liked Lil and Anoop from the start and am disappointed they have not quite shown the growth I had hoped to see from them but still felt they gave good performances

8. Scott Macintyre
    I like Scott but the guitar did not work for him and he should have stayed behind the piano

• Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    1. Allison
    2. Adam
    3. Anoop

4. Kris

5. Lil
    6. Matt
    7. Danny
    8. Scott