Are they putting real people in the summer BB or just wannabes, models and actors??

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    And I agree - to be paid to go in negates what BB was all about when it first started.

Bb1 hms were paid a stipend !
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Bb1 hms were paid a stipend !

Yes I know that and that is need and as I should be.

But some posters are speaking of substantial amounts for people to go in - and that is my issue.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    Yes I know that and that is need and as I should be.

But some posters are speaking of substantial amounts for people to go in - and that is my issue.

ok sorry - anyway i have addressed the amount in my other post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    ok sorry - anyway i have addressed the amount in my other post

No problem and I have seen your other post and I fully agree with you :)
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling we are going to see "The worlds most identical twins" very soon http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3048029/Aussie-twins-spent-250K-plastic-surgery-share-boyfriend-named-World-s-Identical-Twins.html
    They were featured on "This Morning" a few weeks back- and Rylan said he would love to get them on the show - now they have reappeared on "This Morning" promoting the competition - they are getting themselves known over this side of the world- I wonder would it be BB or CBB if they do appear- personally I hope they don't - they are most annoying.... obviously have rehearsed finishing each others sentences ... (yawn)
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    HBIC wrote: »
    The thing is with C5 that I've noticed over the last few years is that they cast people who fit into stereotypes every series. There's always the token 'angry' black woman, the flamboyant gay, the token old/eccentric housemate, the blonde with big tits, the brash/outspoken woman, the posh one, a bunch of boring male models who aspire to be z-listers and thrive off their looks, etc. It's just boring. They should cast people who'll make good housemates not just one person based on a stereotype to tick off.

But you have described BB7!

'angry' black woman - Dawn
    the flamboyant gay Shabaz
    the blonde with big tits - Lea
    the brash/outspoken woman - Lisa
    the posh one - George
    a bunch of boring male models who aspire to be z-listers and thrive off their looks, etc Mikey, Sezer,

Only missing the old/eccentric housemate.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you have described BB7!

'angry' black woman - Dawn
    the flamboyant gay Shabaz
    the blonde with big tits - Lea
    the brash/outspoken woman - Lisa
    the posh one - George
    a bunch of boring male models who aspire to be z-listers and thrive off their looks, etc Mikey, Sezer,

Only missing the old/eccentric housemate.

Susie was old an eccentric, people often overlook her for being "boring" but she was anything but! She was hilariously full of herself and above the whole show
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    I have a feeling we are going to see "The worlds most identical twins" very soon http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3048029/Aussie-twins-spent-250K-plastic-surgery-share-boyfriend-named-World-s-Identical-Twins.html
    They were featured on "This Morning" a few weeks back- and Rylan said he would love to get them on the show - now they have reappeared on "This Morning" promoting the competition - they are getting themselves known over this side of the world- I wonder would it be BB or CBB if they do appear- personally I hope they don't - they are most annoying.... obviously have rehearsed finishing each others sentences ... (yawn)

Well they cant keep that up for three months! I would be very interested to see them actually.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing a lot of models and actors, (etc), on BB can be disheartening. But there are exceptions. Like BB9's Rachel or BB15's Chris. They were both actors, (admittedly, Rachel was a child actress), but both came across very well in the house.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps it doesn't matter so much what jobs the housemates have.
    The problem is that too many of them have been "ordinary" when what we need is eccentrics. (real eccentrics, not the "look at me, I'm mad, me" types)

Why do we need -- or indeed even want -- eccentrics?

There must be something fundamentally wrong with the BB format if the HMs have to be eccentrics for it to work.
    Salv* wrote: »
    So people like Wolfy then? She was quite eccentric, she would talk to moths and stuff, but IMO she was a crappy HM
    She wasn't in the slightest least bit eccentric, though she desperately wanted to be.

What's supposed to stop "real eccentrics" from being rubbish HMs?
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a bunch of boring male models who aspire to be z-listers and thrive off their looks, etc Mikey, Sezer, ...

I don't think either of them "boring male models who aspire to be z-listers and thrive off their looks, etc".
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of models and actors, (etc), on BB can be disheartening. But there are exceptions. Like BB9's Rachel or BB15's Chris. They were both actors, (admittedly, Rachel was a child actress), but both came across very well in the house.

Opinions differ on how well they came across.
    Susie was old an eccentric, people often overlook her for being "boring" but she was anything but! She was hilariously full of herself and above the whole show

No, Susie was blandly self-centred and dull. And if Susie is supposed to be "eccentric", it discredits the whole idea that there's anything desirable about having "eccentrics" in the house.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well if were to go on the "models/actors" personality. Sophie came across well in the house. Even Deana did too. I don't think models should be banned but I think they should be models with a personality.

Hazel for example, yes, she didn't come across well, but she was (to me of course), the only "model" who actually didn't just sit there and look pretty. She got involved, had ups, had downs, had rows, had laughs and was involved in series storylines.

I'd rather that then the likes of Georgia Salpa (who is a nice girl and fit), but she was dull... same could be said for the likes of Lacey on CBB11. Dull.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Opinions differ on how well they came across.

I meant Rachel and Chris both had acting backgrounds, but didn't go in to try and further their careers. I feel they came across well because of that as I don't like it when people use BB as a stepping stone for their careers.
    Well if were to go on the "models/actors" personality. Sophie came across well in the house. Even Deana did too. I don't think models should be banned but I think they should be models with a personality.

I would agree on Sophie and Deana as well, although TBH, I wasn't that big a fan on Sophie. She was a nice girl, but she wasn't one of my favourites that year.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    FFS! Unbelievable! >:(

IKR, why are they so obsessed with making so much effort for CBB yet when it comes to the regular series, they go out of their way to absolutely ruin it for the normals any way they can

Haven't they learned ANYTHING after last years disaster
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I think the days of Barnsley plumbers entering the house are probably gone.

As I said early in the thread vast majority of housemates will be drawn from the essex/ London party circuit.

Topped up by housemates from similar circles in Manchester/Cheshire/ Liverpool and Newcastle

All of these people will work in promo work of course

As well as the party circles in Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Belfast, Bournemouth - Southampton, and Birmingham.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh ffs that bbspy link.

But does that mean there will be no summer CBB?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh ffs that bbspy link.

But does that mean there will be no summer CBB?

It's only a rumour, hopefully it will be swiftly denied very soon

Just let the normals have their moment in the spotlight and have their BB experience without being overshadowed

Update - Big Blagger ‏@bigblaggeruk 51s52 seconds ago

Channel 5: "No comment" in response to the rumoured celeb twist for civilian #bbuk
  • Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    It's only a rumour, hopefully it will be swiftly denied very soon

Just let the normals have their moment in the spotlight and have their BB experience without being overshadowed

sounds like a awful idear wont be watching if this happens......
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »

To be honest they have been doing this to a degree for years- seriously some of the "celebrities" were no more famous than I am -
  • R598R598 Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, I'm hoping that doesn't happen! I'll be so annoyed if they merge the celebs and non celebs together. The whole point of having civilian BB once a year was so they can put some non celebs in. I can't believe they'd think of doing such thing! Can't be arsed with the celebs lol
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will then run it for 13 weeks then if it's a merger of the two
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Why do we need -- or indeed even want -- eccentrics?

There must be something fundamentally wrong with the BB format if the HMs have to be eccentrics for it to work.

What's supposed to stop "real eccentrics" from being rubbish HMs?

I think they will be likely to make interesting viewing because of their unpredictability. For example, Alex in BB3, who tended to do the opposite to what we predicted, like when he turned into an unexpected Rambo on the poor side, and when he abandoned his allegiances to choose all girls to join him on the rich side. Like or loathe him, I think this made him interesting to watch.

However, I suppose eccentrics can be just as dull as anyone else, and there is nothing duller than a "would be" eccentric.
    I have a pie in the sky hope that the producers will know the difference. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant Rachel and Chris both had acting backgrounds, but didn't go in to try and further their careers. I feel they came across well because of that as I don't like it when people use BB as a stepping stone for their careers.

I would agree on Sophie and Deana as well, although TBH, I wasn't that big a fan on Sophie. She was a nice girl, but she wasn't one of my favourites that year.

Personally I think Chris did hope to further his career - but I don't see why using BB as a stepping stone is a problem - why not ?

And with regards to Sophie I thought her to be vacuous.