Wasn't Rebecca version of 'Sweet Dreams' something stunning ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    utoia2007 wrote: »
    Does duffy bust a move? does amy winehouse? did aretha frankiln? NO. And did alright for themselves.

Comparing Rebecca to Aretha Franklin! Seriously??? Get real she will never be even a teeny bit as good as Aretha! Rebecca took blandness to a whole new level. I've heard much better vocals than hers on various dance tunes over the years!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minnie19 wrote: »
    Comparing Rebecca to Aretha Franklin! Seriously??? Get real she will never be even a teeny bit as good as Aretha! Rebecca took blandness to a whole new level. I've heard much better vocals than hers on various dance tunes over the years!

Was she comparing them vocal-wise? NO. She was just trying to make a point that not all singers have to bust-a-move on stage.

Yes, even though she rocked 3 uptempo - club songs, you still call her bland. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandorian wrote: »
    Does Leona Lewis bust a move?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHwpn_PA9C4

If Leona can...

Was she as good a performer she is now 3 years ago? No.
    Did she look as confident 3 years ago while she was on the show? No.

It takes time, and Rebecca's still building her confidence and performance skills.
    Wth was Leona wearing on that video btw. Ugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a GOOD performance not stunning.

It was a little flat in places, not out of tune, just a bit flat
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blue-sky wrote: »
    I hope you know that Missy Elliot and Queen Latifah are rappers not singer :confused:

Queen latifah and missy both sing as well as rap..in fact queen latifah dosnt rap at all anymore

Queen latifah - Poetry man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18511Q7-aBY

Missy Elliot - All in my grill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NAyzeR3QtQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I thought it was one of the best performances of the series and shows that Rebecca is suited to uptempo songs.

As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, team her up with Freemasons or Stargate and shw could do very well. Syco stay away from her as you dont know what to do with her.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great performance. I really thought she would win after that. Still glad that Matt did (I much prefered his winner's song) but she outclassed him on the first performances last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »

This year I felt I was missing that for me, but this just seemed totally epic and just amazing to me. I loved it.

Anyone else feel the same ?

Link to it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_OOUIPEVA

Agreed . Great performance.

Gutted that it is not on itunes to download for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Leona can...

Watched her O2 concert the other night & Leona has come on leaps & bounds in terms of stage presence.

Great voice but was criticised for lack of movement on stage.

Not anymore. No reason why Rebecca can't be the same in 3 years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it. Wish she would've moved a little, though. Too stiff for me. Sweet Dreams and Show me Love are my favourite performances. Cheryl should've given her more of those songs. She was really uninspired when it came to Rebecca. Shame really - we never got the best out of her due to her mentors lack of good song choices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was a bit shaky in parts but it wasn't bad at all.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    It was my only performance this series that I was really WOW'ed by (just my opinion ofc).

In the past I've had a few like some of Ruth Lorenzo's, Alexandras, Leonas, Robert's (no one remembers him, but I liked one of his lool :o) and some others.

This year I felt I was missing that for me, but this just seemed totally epic and just amazing to me. I loved it.

Anyone else feel the same ?

Link to it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_OOUIPEVA

I didn't like it and I thought her version of Like a Star was crap!!!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Sweet Dreams was a really good performance and maybe Rebecca's best performance :)
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Some of the nonsense on here,Matt fans you can stop the character assassination of Rebecca now its over.....without doubt the performance of the series.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    ballyclark wrote: »
    Agreed . Great performance.

Gutted that it is not on itunes to download for some reason.

I just love that, she is just brilliant, I could listen to her all day. I have never bought anything to do with XF but I would buy that, I any waiting anxiously to see what she does in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    It was a fantastic performance, and I say this as a Cardle fan who's been very critical of Rebecca. It was one of the best vocal performances of the entire series. I thought she'd won it after that. :eek: Luckily for Matt, he had enough rock-solid support from weeks 1-5 to carry him through the last three vocally dodgy weeks. Bloody illness. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She definately did well, it could be a single i recon, with a bit of work

Not a patch on the Marilyn Manson version though ;)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant.

I think the last 3 weeks Rebecca has been just excellent.

I'd like to see her go Robyn style, I think she'd get away with that sort of dancey and Ballady style, without the need to dance. Show Me Love and Sweet Dreams were by far my favourite performances of her, oh and Footsteps on the Dancefloor.
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Sweet Dreams was by far Rebecca's best song choice and performance of the entire series. If Cheryl had been giving her songs of that quality earlier in the series it may have been closer between her and Matt. I still wish she'd move off the spot occassionaly, but it was a very good singing performance anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I love her.l really hope she does well despite losing.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her.l really hope she does well despite losing.

She hardly lost, she was runner up out of 100,000 entries! The runner-up often goes on to outsell the winner. I don't actually think that with Matt and Rebecca, I think they will both do well.

I thought this was the standout surprise of the series, Rebecca was amazing. I thought she pulled it way back on the Sunday show and maybe if it were just up to that night's votes she might have polled more than Matt at that point?

I find her mesmeric, can't stop looking at her. Also loved her winner's song, hope she releases it, thought it was fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    it was not a patch on the original. She has no emotion in her performances - so dull
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Leona can...

obviously you idea of someone "busting a move" and mine are way, way, way, way, way different:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    I thought she pulled it way back on the Sunday show and maybe if it were just up to that night's votes she might have polled more than Matt at that point?
    I think that might have been the case as well, she was definitely gaining on Matt on the Sunday.

Overall I thought her Sweet Dreams performance was absolutely amazing - I have probably listened to it 50 times since yesterday! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Go Becca.

Lovely lass..