Complaining to Channel 5

13»

Comments

• dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Yes, with people over reacting. Soooo boring and soooo predictable. :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Yeah, so many bandwagon jumpers who love a good hysteria frenzy. It's a sad time we live in when so many are perpetually offended, even by something that didn't involve them at all
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Complaining to both Channel 5 and Ofcom now.

To complain to Channel 5:
    customerservices@channel5.com

To complain to Ofcom:
    https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

I'm also going to e-mail Jeff Ford (jeff.ford@channel5.com)
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anguk wrote: »
    Unfortunately all that will happen is BB will no longer show us anything controversial at all then nobody will know what goes on and nobody can complain. Or they may get so sick of the complaints that they scrap the show. Or they rub their hands with glee at the free publicity and the fact the show is being talked about.

What we saw on the show tonight was despicable but I take comfort in the fact that it's most likely sealed Conors fate (as soon as he's up he's out) and it's also boosted Deana's chances of winning.

How will he be nominated if the gang feel it is alright to say such things:confused: Complaining about a housemate cant close a show.
  • GracelandGraceland Posts: 8,158
    Forum Member
    If channel 5 did not want people complaining then they should off thrown Coner out immediately.
    Also when the bullying started on Deanna that should of been nipped in the bud right away.

It makes horrible viewing
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw it on +1, he showed absolutely no remorse. Get him out, what a joke.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with them showing it, but I do have a problem with them not removing him immediately!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very surprised they aired it at all - they were prepared to cover up Jay's shitting in the freezer last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never complained before. But just done my bit for the team.

Absolutely awful comments from a generally awful thug.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    sooo glad im not the only one who thinks this man is vile! funny thing is he wouldn't dare say that to a man in there would he!
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    What did he do? I missed it
  • JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I will be complaining against that horrible individual for what he said about Deana!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will too. First time I've ever even considered complaining.

I've just complained to Ofcom for the first time ever.

Here's my complaint in full:

I am disgusted at Channel 5 for standing idly by and allowing despicable bullying of an individual by a clique in the Big Brother house. The individual being bullied whom I am referring to is the Big Brother contestant Deana. She is being targeted by a group of fellow contestant, a group of aggressive, foul mouthed bullies, and the producers of the show and the executives at the channel do not seem to be doing anything to address it.

Tonight a male housemate, Conor, used disgusting and aggressive language threatening physical violence against Deana when talking about her with other housemates. Conor received a "warning" rather than being ejected from the house, which in my opinion was a shocking abdication of the channels responsibilities. This individual should have been ejected from the house immediately for threatening violence against a woman and using the most disgusting language when referring to her.

I am appalled at this behaviour and the weak reaction from the producers of the programme and the Channel 5 executives and hope something is done to stop this vile bullying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight Spoiler I have never complained about a TV programme before, but I have just written to CH 5. I agree the complaint is with Conor (and Arron and Caroline) but Ch 5 are letting this go by with a warning which is not going to affect them and in fact Ch 5 has supported them because of the nomination results.

If it had been addressed through automatic nomination or something equally as harsh - I could have given Ch 5 a pat on the back, but No - it hasn't happened

Very angry and disappointed

GGxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought what he said was disgusting and pure thuggery, liked him before it happened
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just complained to Ofcom for the first time ever.

Here's my complaint in full:

I am disgusted at Channel 5 for standing idly by and allowing despicable bullying of an individual by a clique in the Big Brother house. The individual being bullied whom I am referring to is the Big Brother contestant Deana. She is being targeted by a group of fellow contestant, a group of aggressive, foul mouthed bullies, and the producers of the show and the executives at the channel do not seem to be doing anything to address it.

Tonight a male housemate, Conor, used disgusting and aggressive language threatening physical violence against Deana when talking about her with other housemates. Conor received a "warning" rather than being ejected from the house, which in my opinion was a shocking abdication of the channels responsibilities. This individual should have been ejected from the house immediately for threatening violence against a woman and using the most disgusting language when referring to her.

I am appalled at this behaviour and the weak reaction from the producers of the programme and the Channel 5 executives and hope something is done to stop this vile bullying.

and if their response "reads thanks for the email and we will shut down the show", then what?