Susan Boyle drops out of 4th show. Can she take the strain?

LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
Forum Member
She really doesn't seem able to cope with all this sudden fame. Is it fair?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8109445.stm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    She really doesn't seem able to cope with all this sudden fame. Is it fair?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8109445.stm

I absolutely love her. I dont think she is suitable for the tour, being shunted here there and everywhere, she aint up to it, and is worth a lot more. she should just be concentrating on her album and maybe 2 or 3 major shows imho
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love her. I dont think she is suitable for the tour, being shunted here there and everywhere, she aint up to it, and is worth a lot more. she should just be concentrating on her album and maybe 2 or 3 major shows imho

She is unstable, reactive and a bit of a drama queen. Sounds perfect for the industry, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I think she has a good voice, but I honestly don't think she can cut it in the industry. She is too fragile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a drama queen for attention and only has 2 songs .FFS how much strain does that take? .

It is all hype as there must be a gazillion better voices in church choirs just in UK alone.Sick of her and Simon's hype over her.Totally warranted.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, what strain?

She's obviously not bothered about performing, she'll retire with the dosh from her album I would say. Doubt we'll see a world tour.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote: »
    She is a drama queen for attention and only has 2 songs .FFS how much strain does that take? .

It is all hype as there must be a gazillion better voices in church choirs just in UK alone.Sick of her and Simon's hype over her.

My thoughts exactly.

To be honest, I've never thought she's had a good voice. Even in her audition, I genuinely thought (apart from "Oh I love everyone!" Amanda) they were all gonna hate her.

She's supposed to be the female Paul Potts, as in, his voice was just totally unexpected because of the way he looks. But her voice was no way as surprising and dramatic as his! She actually sang as I expected her to! Just..mediocre.

I think she's rubbish and overhyped, she's also batshit crazy but in a really really annoying way.

DOWN WITH SUBO! :mad: hehe..
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"worth a lot more"? Touring is where most reputable artists make their home. A good tour is worth a lot more - in respect AND in money - than an album.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    As I said on previous threads about SuBo. In my opinion, the woman isn't talented enough to make it anyway, isn't emotionally stable or mature enough to work intensively with a huge team of people in recording studios, doesn't have the tenacity or talent to record several tracks, is totally unable to manage the gruelling schedule of touring, not to mention all the public appearances and press and publicity interviews a management company would expect.

Can we not leave performing arts to people who ARE actually talented and put 100% of their time and effort into working extremely hard just to get a contract?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Whatever, you could tell she was a few sandwiches short of a picnic from the moment she walked out. I don't buy the "exhaustion" story at all.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So funnily enough she performed the dates in Scotland, but decided against Manchester (x2), Liverpool and Cardiff.

Weird :rolleyes:

She should do them all, or none at all. Not fair on the public who pay their money to see her. They paid not knowing she would be dropping out of half of them. If she's not fit to do it, she shouldn't do it.

Sick of all the hype. 2 songs and dropping out. Really uninteresting yet she's put on national news along with headlines such as the Air France plane crash, Iran's election mess, MP controversies. IT'S NOT NEWS.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Nope it's not fair she's not up to it. There's obviously something wrong with her yet people keep on pushing her on stage when she has a good day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    Whatever, you could tell she was a few sandwiches short of a picnic from the moment she walked out. I don't buy the "exhaustion" story at all.
    Me neither. i think "exhaustion" is being used as a euphemism for something else.

as i understand, she's only singing a couple of songs of about 4 minutes each. Hardly "exhausting".
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she certainly cannot be relied upon, surely this will influence any future career she may have
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    she certainly cannot be relied upon, surely this will influence any future career she may have

This is correct. So far she has only sung two songs and one of them not very well.

If she cant cope with a tour where she is only on stage for 6or 7 minutes how will she cope with carrying a full 90 - 120minute show on her own.

She is simply not mentaly or physically capable of doing it.

Her career will consist of one studio album of show songs a few TV appearances and then obscurity with a healthy bank balance and very comfortable lifestyle.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The singer's publicist said decisions on whether Boyle performed were taken on a day-by-day basis.

Whats up Maxford dont want your namecheck?
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two full solid weeks away from the travelling circus and Simon Cowell, and us at the very least. That's what I would think would help. That and a no nonsense non showbiz counsellor on permanent standby to keep her on track.

And then I think the world of showbiz is not for her and she should leave before any more damamge is done.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    The poor love is entitled to her 15 minutes like everyone else. Let her do what she feels she can manage.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I think Simon and Susan will have to admit that a career in showbusiness is not on the cards for Susan. She is obviously unstable and the pressure of this sudden fame and the pressure to perform two songs per night (!!!??) is too much for her. I am surprised that any record company would risk investing financially in her. Can you imagine what it would be like if she had to do a round of promition interviews, performances etc. She is obviously a lovely lady but I think she has not got the mental stability to cope with a career in a very pressurized business. It is survival of the fittest just ask people like Shane Ward who has disappeared off the radar after initially being a huge success!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »

It is all hype as there must be a gazillion better voices in church choirs just in UK alone.Sick of her and Simon's hype over her.Totally warranted.

Yep - I'm sorry, but there is a sense of attention-seeking creeping in here. She has a reasonable voice but nothing anywhere close to warrant the sheer hype.

Susan Boyle isn't a 'star' and should not be continuously leading the news headlines.

She clearly has personal health issues and is clearly not up to the 'demands' of this lifestyle.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that everybody involved with Britain's Got Talent should have picked up on her instability and addressed it ages ago, withdrawing her from the competition before the live semi final stage and then developing her slowly. Let her release an album of show tunes for those people who love her voice (I'm not one of them, I think she is very very average) and sing in small venues with proper backing. The venues on the BGT tour are huge arenas suited to big pop acts and established stars. Putting a middle-aged lady who struggles to cope up on that stage and expecting her to own it is obviously not going to work.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have a lot of sympathy fro the lads of Diversity who seem almost forgotten as the winners and are having to be pushed into the background as the SuBo circus rolls along
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    I actually have a lot of sympathy fro the lads of Diversity who seem almost forgotten as the winners and are having to be pushed into the background as the SuBo circus rolls along

I think the guys in Diversity will do fine. They've got a very talented leader in Ashley doing the choreography. They're fit (in a physical capacity) and I'd imagine hard-working guys. They'd need to be hard-working to pull off the routines.

They're reliable guys (so far) and I'd personally feel more confident in booking them for gigs/events than I would do Susan Boyle. Let them quietly get on with it, it'll probably work out in their favour in the end. :)
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a loose cannon and I don't mean that offensively.

As someone already pointed out, how can she be relied on in future? From the looks of things, she does not respond well to criticism of her performance or failure which is vital in the music industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOTALLY bored with the whole boyle in the bag fiasco
    go back to yr hometown love and stay there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    one minute she is a lady that no one know to being the most talked about woman in the world. it would be hard for anyone i think.