Sky Was Meant To Cancel Yesterday

LilaLila Posts: 6,780
Forum Member
My Sky subscription was due to cancel after refusing an offer because quite frankly I'm not paying their prices for something I don't really use just now. I also received a letter of confirmation. However so far it is still switched on. Do you think this is a genuine mistake or a tactic to get me to call in and then try persuade me to stay??? :p

Comments

• ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lila wrote: »
    My Sky subscription was due to cancel after refusing an offer because quite frankly I'm not paying their prices for something I don't really use just now. I also received a letter of confirmation. However so far it is still switched on. Do you think this is a genuine mistake or a tactic to get me to call in and then try persuade me to stay??? :p

Might be a mistake? Can you check online to make sure your account has definitely been cancelled. If it has keep quiet :)
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Good thinking - I will check online before I call in but will probably leave it a couple of days lol
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Lila wrote: »

I cancelled my Sky TV subscription earlier this year (although I have since come back) and the channels remained on for a short period past the cancellation date.

If my memory serves me right they went off a day or two later. As suggested your online account will confirm it's been terminated.
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine cancelled years ago, and on the day is subscription ended he checked some of the channels like Sky Sports, Movies, Sky one. And all of them still worked, he kept checking every day after that and kept expecting to receive more bills. But after Eighteen months the only letter he had received from Sky was a "Come back to Sky" offer. Only stopped getting the channels for nothing when his old box died after Eighteen months.

Sometimes the cancellation is not completed properly it will close your account but doesn't send the signal through to your card.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw this thread title I thought a) Yesterday was canceled and changed to be Drama a while back and b) it was UKTV not Sky who did it :p:p
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine cancelled years ago, and on the day is subscription ended he checked some of the channels like Sky Sports, Movies, Sky one. And all of them still worked, he kept checking every day after that and kept expecting to receive more bills. But after Eighteen months the only letter he had received from Sky was a "Come back to Sky" offer. Only stopped getting the channels for nothing when his old box died after Eighteen months.

Sometimes the cancellation is not completed properly it will close your account but doesn't send the signal through to your card.

If the account is closed by Sky, that will terminate the keep-alive signal the viewing card requires every 10-14 days.. Id be stunned if your friend had it for 18 months free!
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,788
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    If the account is closed by Sky, that will terminate the keep-alive signal the viewing card requires every 10-14 days.. Id be stunned if your friend had it for 18 months free!

Two of the movie channels still worked for me for about 12 months after cancelling the movies, I think there may be a software bug that dosent cancel them properly ;)
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    That's it gone now!! :D

Before I start another thread in the Freesat section - I have a built in Freesat tuner in my TV - Samsung - any idea how to get it to work?? :D I connected the sat cable in and it is picking it up but saying no signal?? Help appreciated!! Thanks.