Scott and Bailey: Series 4 thread

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
Forum Member
✭✭
Just after catching the trailer for the new series. It starts this coming Wednesday on ITV1.

Comments

• H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait :)
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a sneaking suspicion this could be the last series.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It clashes with "Chicago PD" so I am going to record Scott & Bailey and watch it another night. I remember from previous series that it works best if you save the recorded episodes up and watch two in one night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I think it will be unfortunately. Which means ITV need to find another returning drama and fast instead of relying on 2-3 parters.

The drama coming up 'Grantchester' looks to be the next big hit drama. To be broadcast in early October.
  • Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I just hope that Bailey isn't as frail looking as she was in the last series. This is how I remember her.
    http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00229/F_200510_october05b_229926a.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I think it will be unfortunately. Which means ITV need to find another returning drama and fast instead of relying on 2-3 parters.

The drama coming up 'Grantchester' looks to be the next big hit drama. To be broadcast in early October.

I must check Grantchester out when it comes out. There are some terrific actors like Kacey Ainsworth appearing in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must check Grantchester out when it comes out. There are some terrific actors like Kacey Ainsworth appearing in it.

Check out the press pack on ITV press centre. It looks like the kind of drama that could be Doc Martin sized hit.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What makes you think that?......

I absolutely love this series!, I hope its not the last!....... :cry:
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's much chance the show will go on for years and years.

I'd like to see another series after this one... All the previews seem to focus on the fact that the main duo are starting to take their careers more seriously, I'm not sure one series would be enough to leave the characters in a satisfactory place/tie up the series organically.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this programme. Cant wait for it to return!
    Leslie Sharpe does look rather gaunt in the trailers...hope she's ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the same. I don't know if it was just me but in one shit it looked as if she had discovered a lump on her breast. It could be me misinterpreting though.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the same. I don't know if it was just me but in one shit it looked as if she had discovered a lump on her breast. It could be me misinterpreting though.

Typo?

I've been catching up with this on one of the Sky channels...Looking forward to a new series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoops! I meant to say shot! I'm a teacher and always afraid of making a similar error in front of one of my classes one day!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoops! I meant to say shot! I'm a teacher and always afraid of making a similar error in front of one of my classes one day!

Made me laugh...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only an hour to go!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm recording it so will catch up with the thread at the weekend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like the tweaking they've done to the theme tune. Loving Amelia Bullmore!
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is my favourite ITV drama by far, so I really hope this isn't the last series. ITV are very short in the drama department and don't seem to be splashing out on new full series, so as long as ratings stick around 4m, I think they'd be foolish to get rid of S&B.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly all the top police officers on tv now are either Black, female or both. But sick of it now. This is supposed to be Oldham not Hackney
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    Nearly all the top police officers on tv now are either Black, female or both. But sick of it now. This is supposed to be Oldham not Hackney
    Perhaps they got the posts as they were actually the best at the job?
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    As suspected, it looks like Danny Miller is leaving S&B then - they just mentioned his character leaving.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suranne Jones said he's leaving on This Morning, he left to go back to Emmerdale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that fussed about Danny Miller leaving the series, his character just never convinced or rang true.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did his character ever actually do anything? :D
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Perhaps they got the posts as they were actually the best at the job?

Come on. . You know that doesn't happen anymore.