Options

Michelle and the gay community

MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
Forum Member
✭✭
Can someone please explain what the deal is about Michelle and the gay community which she keeps banging on about?

She is gay friendly

Comments

• Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what the deal is about Michelle and the gay community which she keeps banging on about?

She is gay friendly

She is the unnofficial spokesperson for every gay person in the world.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Well i don't like how she was trying to make Perez behave like how she thinks gay guys should behave, and that his strange behaviour automatically demonizes the whole gay community. we are all humans and individuals and represent ourselves and she should give people more credit instead of thinking so little of the public.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    No idea. I'm gay and I didn't know about her till CBB.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how is Perez setting back the gay community 50 years?
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a huge hypocritical ****. She says that Perez is an embarrassment to the gay community, yet she fronts a tv show (Ru Paul) in which she champions drag queens who's behaviour is far worse and much ruder and nastier than Perez's. I take it she doesn't support gay pride events either, as the antics that go at those events are much, much more outrageous than anything Perez has done. She also advises Katie Price to stop talking about her ex's, but doesn't see a problem with her banging on about the gay community 24/7. I don't understand why she thinks that she (a straight woman) has the right to tell gay people how to behave. I think deep down she's a very insecure person. I'm gay and have met so many women/girls who are absolutely obsessed with gay men and women/transsexuals/bisexuals. They're extremely insecure and are very different and love the fact that being gay you are part of a community. I think Michelle is like this...she's become obsessed with gay people and has integrated herself so far into the gay community so that she feels a sense of belonging to something/somewhere. I think the woman is a first class ****.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duplicate thread.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't there been about one thousand threads on this? Search is a wonderful thing.

Michelle began her career in the NYC ballroom scene which was where voguing originated, most of her early sexual experiences were with women, she was part of a dance music group which had a large gay following and continued to champion gay rights. She became good friends with Rupaul and proceeded to host a number of radio shows with her and then a VH1 talkshow which was the first daytime talkshow in the US hosted by an out gay man. As far as I know she has never really described herself as straight and she is just married to a man. She continues to support a large number of LGBT causes and act as a judge on the highest rated LGBT themed non-scripted show in the US.

I get questioning her rhetoric or logic but I don't see why people question the passion behind it.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I find her a bit deluded.

I appreciate her intentions are noble and I'd much rather her than a homophobe, but it's like she thinks she's some sort of Queen who is worshipped and understood by all gay men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    urt31 wrote: »
    Haven't there been about one thousand threads on this? Search is a wonderful thing.

Michelle began her career in the NYC ballroom scene which was where voguing originated, most of her early sexual experiences were with women, she was part of a dance music group which had a large gay following and continued to champion gay rights. She became good friends with Rupaul and proceeded to host a number of radio shows with her and then a VH1 talkshow which was the first daytime talkshow in the US hosted by an out gay man. As far as I know she has never really described herself as straight and she is just married to a man. She continues to support a large number of LGBT causes and act as a judge on the highest rated LGBT themed non-scripted show in the US.

I get questioning her rhetoric or logic but I don't see why people question the passion behind it.

"never really described herself as straight and she is just married to a man" - he'll be thrilled with the passion behind that.

"act as a judge" - that figures.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    "never really described herself as straight and she is just married to a man" - he'll be thrilled with the passion behind that.

"act as a judge" - that figures.

....heterosexual and homosexual are not the only two options?
  • Options
    bajanqueenbajanqueen Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I find her a bit deluded.

I appreciate her intentions are noble and I'd much rather her than a homophobe, but it's like she thinks she's some sort of Queen who is worshipped and understood by all gay men.

So agree with your comments.