The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    well its bound to mean something........

or nothing?

It interesting if it means he was planning on visiting the uk, in june .....so many months ago.......

but it could just be signposting the month he was coming back.......or as you say giving sherrie or someone the thumbs up....but if it was only meant for the loys...does that mean that Sherrie is on loys as well???

but by that logic then that means that the song should also mean something?
    :confused:

so who will be glued to channel 5 tomorrow? for the start of BB ...........I hope to just dip in ....so that i can associate names to faces.....but hopefully that will be as interested as I get......

I shall be glued to all 4 hours of it, can't wait :)

I think the song is a song he likes. He seems to struggle just tweeting pleasantries, etc., I think it's his way of touching base without having to respond to the I love you's :) My thoughts only, obviously (and yes I still sometimes go to write h'obviously :p)
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its just a song he likes.

Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to BB tomorrow i know i am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    well its bound to mean something........

or nothing?

It interesting if it means he was planning on visiting the uk, in june .....so many months ago.......

but it could just be signposting the month he was coming back.......or as you say giving sherrie or someone the thumbs up....but if it was only meant for the loys...does that mean that Sherrie is on loys as well???

but by that logic then that means that the song should also mean something?
    :confused:

so who will be glued to channel 5 tomorrow? for the start of BB ...........I hope to just dip in ....so that i can associate names to faces.....but hopefully that will be as interested as I get......

John ‘the riddler’ Parton lol

BIB Sure it's his picture on twitter so everyone can see it, i didn't think it was anything for loys

I just thought with the June behind him in the calendar it might mean something, or meant something at the time he put it up, and of course it could mean f* all.

when it comes to his tweet I'm with Muggins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I was reading the thread about the 4 suicide attempts there.

You know at the end of the day it’ll be a bit of publicity for the new series :(

Wonder what John’s thoughts on the whole thing are, considering he had a dodgy relationship with endemol, they ran him a dogs life on Big Mouth. If it’s as bad as all that it must have been even weirder away from his f&f, so really no support whatsoever.

Although i think to be fair you’d have to hear from more HM’s to get the full picture
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning JJAT ...Oh I hope you didnt think that my link to Triple J Studios had anything to do with John :( strictly off topic I am afraid ...Happy BHT one lettter away from a sandwich..Just watching the Jubilee concert wasnt in the mood for it last night..
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member

You know at the end of the day it’ll be a bit of publicity for the new series :(

Wonder what John’s thoughts on the whole thing are, considering he had a dodgy relationship with endemol, they ran him a dogs life on Big Mouth. If it’s as bad as all that it must have been even weirder away from his f&f, so really no support whatsoever.

Although i think to be fair you’d have to hear from more HM’s to get the full picture

I was reading that as well and thinking how dreadful the whole thing is.....yes it could be publicity for the new series...but it might be something else....:confused:..

BB is meant to be a lighthearted meaningless game show...ffs...not an intense psychological drama or personality test......Surely all HM should be supported....and to end up feeling depressed and suicidal isnt good for any of them.

Both Shabby and Alex Sibley have supported Aaron with his statement that the aftercare isnt good enough....

And added into this mix...is the idea...suggested elsewhere...that endemol wanted to use the last winner of C4 BB, to find a buyer for the BB franchise... setting up things like presenting courses...and maybe dictating who the winner could and couldnt give interviews to,,,,

Which might explain why JJJ ended up doing ridiculous photo shoots for OK magazine....where they both looked a bit as if they had been in the dressing up box...and neither looked as if they had been given the chance to chose their own clothes or settings.....and where in fact neither of their characters or personality was shown off to best advantage...

I think this could open up an immense can of worms........John wasnt treated well......and id love to get his take on the aftercare.... im sure he would have some pretty interesting things to say...

But id doubt if endemol would be happy to hear from him....this next chapter could become very interesting becasue of this........John is coming back at just the right time to say something.......devastating about BB...

:eek:
    Forum Member
    Taking the idea of JJJ being pressurised by endemol to perform in a certain way ........made me think of a whole load of things from when JJJ left the Big Brother house...

if you add into the mix...the idea that agents were on the JJJat forum and in the media as a whole........making suggestions and leading ideas in a certain way.......

I was starting to think of things like......How John didnt want to do the calendar at all.....but was pressurized into doing it ...for the fans.........(and most conviently this would also be the one that would earn money for his agents...and keep his name and profile high.....as a good selling point for endemol)

There was the whole thing about the nude photoshoot for charity...where John refused....and then someone started up an online poll.......to encourage him to do it.......but he still dug his heels in and refused....And i would totally agree with him.....why should he have to do a nude photoshoot, if he doesnt want to........its completely his choice...and very wrong to try and pressurise him....

And it also explains some of the whole anti John thing...at the end of BB.........endemol knew he was highly likely to be uncooperative......but with Josie as the likely winner..........he could throw a complete spanner in the works.....and stop or try to stop endemol using Josie in the way they wanted to use her.....

so somewhere behind the scenes ....some...tried to split up John and Josie....and create tension between them.....

I saw them doing this...but have never understood why endemol were trying so hard to do this? why they felt they had to test and push JJJ so hard....it also explains why Josie and John werent given any time together when she won.....

maybe ive been reading too much from the 'Hunger games' but recent events have made me think!!!! and see things from a very different angle......
    Forum Member
    John ‘the riddler’ Parton lol

BIB Sure it's his picture on twitter so everyone can see it, i didn't think it was anything for loys

I just thought with the June behind him in the calendar it might mean something, or meant something at the time he put it up, and of course it could mean f* all.

when it comes to his tweet I'm with Muggins

can someone....please put up a larger photo from his twitter for me....I havent managed to see this pic properly......going over to twitter now to look......

how on earth can you read that this photo is from June....the only way you would know this.....is if you recognise this photo from the calendar......??? Is it the 2011 calendar?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I was reading that as well and thinking how dreadful the whole thing is.....yes it could be publicity for the new series...but it might be something else....:confused:..

BB is meant to be a lighthearted meaningless game show...ffs...not an intense psychological drama or personality test......Surely all HM should be supported....and to end up feeling depressed and suicidal isnt good for any of them.

Both Shabby and Alex Sibley have supported Aaron with his statement that the aftercare isnt good enough....

And added into this mix...is the idea...suggested elsewhere...that endemol wanted to use the last winner of C4 BB, to find a buyer for the BB franchise... setting up things like presenting courses...and maybe dictating who the winner could and couldnt give interviews to,,,,

Which might explain why JJJ ended up doing ridiculous photo shoots for OK magazine....where they both looked a bit as if they had been in the dressing up box...and neither looked as if they had been given the chance to chose their own clothes or settings.....and where in fact neither of their characters or personality was shown off to best advantage...

I think this could open up an immense can of worms........John wasnt treated well......and id love to get his take on the aftercare.... im sure he would have some pretty interesting things to say...

But id doubt if endemol would be happy to hear from him....this next chapter could become very interesting becasue of this........John is coming back at just the right time to say something.......devastating about BB...

:eek:

I can believe the aftercare of big brother is poor. Its a tv shows which is there to make money.Once winner is crowned, Then its about the next series. When your in Big brother you every need is catered for. As your making them money. Once you leave you on your own.
    Forum Member

im not sure that JOhns support was that bad......on the satelite shows..........he had his mum phoning in.......and she got on really well with George Lamb, who looked after her pretty well......and his mum was a total sweetheart who took just the right kind of tone.......loving...but understanding her son could be a bit of a pain at times.....:D.

and I think he had quite a few celebs who liked him...... I always thought Emma had a bit of a soft spot for him...and Davina in the beginning.....

and he had the advantage that most of the HM who left liked him........and were generally positive about him....

so it wasnt until the last few weeks that he really started to get the completely negative edits.....and by then he already had a pretty powerful fan base here who were complaining.......
    Forum Member
    im not sure that JOhns support was that bad......on the satelite shows..........he had his mum phoning in.......and she got on really well with George Lamb, who looked after her pretty well......and his mum was a total sweetheart who took just the right kind of tone.......loving...but understanding her son could be a bit of a pain at times.....:D.

and I think he had quite a few celebs who liked him...... I always thought Emma had a bit of a soft spot for him...and Davina in the beginning.....

and he had the advantage that most of the HM who left liked him........and were generally positive about him....

so it wasnt until the last few weeks that he really started to get the completely negative edits.....and by then he already had a pretty powerful fan base here who were complaining.......

I think emma did have a soft spot for John as she knew how big brother worked and the editing .
    Forum Member
    I can believe the aftercare of big brother is poor. Its a tv shows which is there to make money.Once winner is crowned, Then its about the next series. When your in Big brother you every need is catered for. As your making them money. Once you leave you on your own.

But who gets the money...........???

Endermol earns thousands...what do the contestants get.........most of them just get expenses.....

im sure the aftercare varies considerably from contestant to contestant....but in BB11 for instance........there seem to be quite a few like DAve who were very angry with the producers...and who refused to have anything else to do with the show.....

that doesnt sound like good aftercare to me....

or even the first Racheal who said she was virtually made to come into the house to massage John at the end...despite the fact she really didnt want to do so.....

that wasnt good aftercare for her...to send her into a highly charged situation, which was bound to erupt into a nasty arguement....neither John nor rachel came out well from that encounter....
    Forum Member
    But who gets the money...........???

Endermol earns thousands...what do the contestants get.........most of them just get expenses.....

im sure the aftercare varies considerably from contestant to contestant....but in BB11 for instance........there seem to be quite a few like DAve who were very angry with the producers...and who refused to have anything else to do with the show.....

that doesnt sound like good aftercare to me....

or even the first Racheal who said she was virtually made to come into the house to massage John at the end...despite the fact she really didnt want to do so.....

that wasnt good aftercare for her...to send her into a highly charged situation, which was bound to erupt into a nasty arguement....neither John nor rachel came out well from that encounter....

yes thats what im saying there isnt good aftercare
    Forum Member
    yes thats what im saying there isnt good aftercare

sorry......that will teach me to read the post properly......:(
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good Evening to the JJat

From now on please address me as :o

H.R.H Princess Georgy
    well the Fly over went right over my house to ;):D

hope you all had a wonderful jubilee Weekend,
    and are looking forward
    to the Start of BB

All The Best
    H.R.H Georgyx :p
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Is it my Diva Demands
    that have driven you all away :(:o:D
    Forum Member
    Good Evening to the JJat

From now on please address me as :o

H.R.H Princess Georgy
    well the Fly over went right over my house to ;):D

hope you all had a wonderful jubilee Weekend,
    and are looking forward
    to the Start of BB

All The Best
    H.R.H Georgyx :p

good evening HRH Princess Georgy......

everyone must be glued to the TV to watch BB....

ive just seen Snow white and the huntsman...a brilliant film....predictable...but brilliant....with wonderful special effects.:D

whilst ..my OH and daughter went to see prometheus and were extremely disappointed........

I think I had the better deal....:D:p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I live in Dublin and cannot get Channel 5, i watched last years on you tube but was wondering if anyone had a name of a channel carrying it this year. Thanks

Joanne
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Back to normality after a hectic (and I mean hectic) weekend. I am POOPED! I love having visitors but the washing and cleaning afterwards is a real letdown!

Hope everyone enjoyed the Jubilee weekend. Wonder if John watched it.

I have been very good and have NOT watched the new BB. I love Silk and have been watching that instead. Stuck to my resolution so far. Need to do other things!

Just a reminder that I will post Book Group discussion questions tomorrow morning.
    Forum Member
    morning nyannie....glad you had a lovely weekend....

im looking forwards to the Book group questions....

i missed all of BB yesterday.......watching silk etc and Grayson Perry looking at the different taste/classes ...he has made a series of tapestries about it....which look fantastic....now I need to find out where I can see them...

is there anywhere to get a basic catch up of who is who in this latest BB?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was the whole thing about the nude photoshoot for charity...where John refused....and then someone started up an online poll.......to encourage him to do it.......but he still dug his heels in and refused....And i would totally agree with him.....why should he have to do a nude photoshoot, if he doesnt want to........its completely his choice...and very wrong to try and pressurise him....

And it also explains some of the whole anti John thing...at the end of BB.........endemol knew he was highly likely to be uncooperative......but with Josie as the likely winner..........he could throw a complete spanner in the works.....and stop or try to stop endemol using Josie in the way they wanted to use her.....

so somewhere behind the scenes ....some...tried to split up John and Josie....and create tension between them.....

I saw them doing this...but have never understood why endemol were trying so hard to do this? why they felt they had to test and push JJJ so hard....it also explains why Josie and John werent given any time together when she won.....

bib1 - when?

bib2 - it was explained, before Josie won or got the gold card, that the winner would go straight back in - not everything is a conspiracy theory ;):D
    can someone....please put up a larger photo from his twitter for me....I havent managed to see this pic properly......going over to twitter now to look......

how on earth can you read that this photo is from June....the only way you would know this.....is if you recognise this photo from the calendar......??? Is it the 2011 calendar?

It always annoyed me that people saw that picture and started tweeting John about his vanity. I always thought it must be at somebody else's house or his mother's calendar, or put up for a joke. I don't seriously think John has his own calendar up in his room :D
    Hello everyone,
    I live in Dublin and cannot get Channel 5, i watched last years on you tube but was wondering if anyone had a name of a channel carrying it this year. Thanks

Joanne

Here's a link I put up on the Sanatorium for the another Irish FM, she said it works :)

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/channel-5-uk-channel-five-tv-channel-online/

It streams Five live.

If you want to watch after the show's aired, there's BBCouchPotatoes or @Ermmmmmmm (may be less or more 'm' s on that :D but they put the show up pretty fast onto YOuTube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re. the Aaron suicide thread - which thankfully has become quite a good discussion thread regarding after-care, read it all it's interesting and now, not only do we have Shabby's contribution but also Andrew BB11 and Lesley BB8
    Forum Member
    oh you know me ....im always looking for conspiracy theories........

sometimes im way off line....and sometimes...just sometimes...I notice something important...ish!!!!

Ive found the photos...and basic info on the housemates...so im happy...thats all I need for now...what is this wildcard thing? Are more going in in a few days time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Re. the Aaron suicide thread - which thankfully has become quite a good discussion thread regarding after-care, read it all it's interesting and now, not only do we have Shabby's contribution but also Andrew BB11 and Lesley BB8

Could you point me in the right direction to read about this. Thanks :)
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpots wrote: »
    Could you point me in the right direction to read about this. Thanks :)

This is the thread flowerpots

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1670447
This discussion has been closed.