Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd been a screening of the docudrama the day before, so he was probably the most convenient to schedule.

Besides, given his known fondness for Web of Fear I wouldn't be certain the organisers had any choice in the matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope there's at least some news this weekend!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for a trailer! Lets keep this Doctor Who buzz going!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isnn't the The Name of the Doctor rerun on BBC3 tomorrow?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Save the day:D

Save the day - The Sequel:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnn't the The Name of the Doctor rerun on BBC3 tomorrow?

Yeah but this is DW. They won't just do something as simple as released the trailer. There will be a teaser online to announce the press conference to announce another sting which contains a secret code to a hidden website which will have the date of the trailer. Probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    http://postimg.org/image/7k5q7an1r/

Day Of The Doctor image from SFX magazine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylob49 wrote: »
    More Day Of The Doctor related images

http://postimg.org/image/uq1hzymxn/

Is that
    John Hurt's sonic screwdriver poking out of his jacket?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that
    John Hurt's sonic screwdriver poking out of his jacket?
    Or is he just pleased to be the Doctor?

Sorry, somebody had to say it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    Or is he just pleased to be the Doctor?

Sorry, somebody had to say it :D

Laughing uncontrollably :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Day of The Doctor is getting some promotion... ;)
  • Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Looks like Day of The Doctor is getting some promotion... ;)

In a magazine that sells a couple of thousand copies to the people who are already going to be watching.

Well done BBC! Keep up the good work.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a magazine that sells a couple of thousand copies to the people who are already going to be watching.

"Magazine does what it's supposed to."

Keep up the good work, SFX.

I wonder how many of the Strictly Come Dancing audience will be watching, having been reminded of the date every week. How many non-regular Doctor Who viewers need to watch for it to be a success? An exact number, perhaps, would be helpful. How fussy do you want to be? Should we get it on the cover of OK! magazine? What about Vouge? What about The Shock & Vibration Digest? Promotion to the fans by releasing trailers and promo pictures months in advance, or promotion for would-be fans more than just once a week. Are we on the fence now?

November 23rd will be a great day indeed. Not only may we enjoy the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who - but some of us might be able to stop having to defend our stance every day just because we're not as consistently cynical and pessimistic as others. I don't need Granny or saladfingers reminding me that I'm wrong for standing by it. No, I'm not outraged at the BBC at the moment - nor am I threatening to never watch the show again as a result - strike me down, Lord.

Off topic rant in tags. Good to see some new pics :)

One more

and another
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

I wonder how many of the Strictly Come Dancing audience will be watching, having been reminded of the date every week. How many non-regular Doctor Who viewers need to watch for it to be a success? An exact number, perhaps, would be helpful. How fussy do you want to be? Should we get it on the cover of OK! magazine? What about Vouge? What about The Shock & Vibration Digest? Promotion to the fans by releasing trailers and promo pictures months in advance, or promotion for would-be fans more than just once a week. Are we on the fence now?

November 23rd will be a great day indeed. Not only may we enjoy the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who - but some of us might be able to stop having to defend our stance every day just because we're not as consistently cynical and pessimistic as others. I don't need Granny or saladfingers reminding me that I'm wrong for standing by it. No, I'm not outraged at the BBC at the moment - nor am I threatening to never watch the show again as a result - strike me down, Lord.

One more

and another
    Agree with completely, I don't know how you do it I've had to stop posting as it's just ridiculous now. I hope you don't do the same as the you're one of the few still left who's thoughts are worth reading. :)

Yes, it's great to see to see some pictures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One more

and another

The pictures look awesome, it's good to see stuff starting to appear.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one of the pictures, you can see Hurt's screwdriver and it looks like a classic one.

Just a bit of useless info for ya :)
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I see the three together I can't help but get sad thinking that Chris should be standing with them :(
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank God you've been banned you miserable bugger.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Blogtor Who are claiming that filming for Series 8 is starting in November instead of January.

They've also reiterated that Vastra, Jenny and Strax are back in Series 8 too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Blogtor Who are claiming that filming for Series 8 is starting in November instead of January.

Brilliant news on both fronts.

The Paternoster Gang can hang around as long as they like for me. A nice join of the two eras. They are now part of Who folklore alongside the Brig and Captain Jack etc etc.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant news on both fronts.

The Paternoster Gang can hang around as long as they like for me. A nice join of the two eras. They are now part of Who folklore alongside the Brig and Captain Jack etc etc.

I think an eighth series with Twelve, Clara, the Paternoster Gang and a male companion (and maybe Kate Stewart for an episode or two) will be perfect.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think an eighth series with Twelve, Clara, the Paternoster Gang and a male companion (and maybe Kate Stewart for an episode or two) will be perfect.

It's like Season 12 all over again! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Definitely sounds good! The more the merrier as too many episodes of just the Doctor and one other can get dull. The dynamic of a team every few episodes really livens things up.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member

November 13 or november 14? :o
This discussion has been closed.