Options

Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    In a way I think this storyline actually had potential, if they went into quite a lot of detail about Peter's ego, him feeling emasculated, the change in Peter and Carla's relationship as when they first got together she was so vulnerable and dependent on him, whereas now she's much more together and in control. However the way they seemed to have packed it into a couple of weeks, with random and contrived scenes just makes it a very unbelievable and irritating storyline to watch as a viewer. I'm utterly convinced it was thought of as a result of Tommy's exit and nothing the publicity manager says will convince me otherwise!!:D

In a way the interview was much better than I thought. Clearly Peter still loves Carla, the quote being that he adored her still which is a positive. I agree about it seemingly all being about Carla, he mentioned her throughout the questions, about Tina being a young Carla and about her making him feel emasculated, her not caring enough about Simon etc. I imagine she'll be spending time with Hayley on the wedding dress, neglecting Simon :yawn: all very predictable drivel. Also liked the way CG was clear to point out it wasn't about love but all lust on Peters part, whereas it appears Tina is going to fall in love with him.

I can imagine them once again putting Saint Tina on a pedestal, her desperately in love with Peter and him using her and going on to marry Carla anyway.Will probably watch the wedding but don't know about the affair/one night stand. If the wedding really is in three weeks it can surely only be a one night stand :eek:

Think Peter loves being the hero, the knight in shining armour and Carla genuinely saw him as her saviour, but as their relationship developed it was obvious she would grow more comfortable in her own skin. Tina is clearly upset because of Tommy, the Tracey/Rob thing left her coming off worse, and is clearly not as wealthy as Carla and Peter sees the opportunity to once step in, massage his ego and his obvious love for women sees him doing the predictable thing once again.
  • Options
    princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I've stopped watch corrie, will probably pick it up again at some point but don't really intend to.. I've lost interest and this P&T affair sounds silly, sounds like Peter has to convince himself he just lusts after Tina and doesn't love her. Lol.

BIB - Can't say I blame you. It's all a bit dismal at the moment. I've taken to popping in and out. And, that's purely to keep up-to-date with the Roy/Hayley terminal cancer saga. Everything else is pretty painful and pointless. And, watching Tina popping up in every scene is more than irritating. :mad:
    What I've gathered from that interview is that Peter is going to become disillusioned by his relationship with Carla. He misses how it was in the beginning. In the beginning Carla needed him and he was her hero, then there was the whole issue with Simon hating her, and now there's the issue with Peter feeling emasculated by the fact that Carla has all the money and he's lost the bookies.

Agreed. It's just such a pity that to convey what Peter is going through atm, it has been done so clumsily. I wouldn't even mind if we'd all been allowed to witness a gradual deterioration of Carla and Peter's relationship. But, seeing as we've barely seen either of them together on screen, and instead had Tina thrust upon us at every given opportunity, just makes it all so tiresome and unbelievable. I'll just be glad to get the wedding over and done with now. At least then, we might actually get to see things through Carla's eyes, going forward.
    The fact that Chris has said that Tina reminds him of a young Carla, proves that it's still all about Carla, deep down she's the one that he loves, but he gets his head turned by Tina whilst he's angry at Carla.

Totally! But, I'm still convinced TPTB could have done better to have conveyed this on screen. Even, despite Tommy's sudden departure, and they being forced to scrap something together, to fill the void left by the actor who plays him. But to come up with a Tina/Peter affair? Such a disappointment. :(
    When it comes down to it I think he'll remember how much he loves Carla, and he'll realise that he's made a mistake. But whether or not it'll be too late I don't know.

BIB - That's just the thing,..we have no idea what the future holds for Carter after all this drivel will play out. :(
    SayNothing wrote: »
    In a way I think this storyline actually had potential, if they went into quite a lot of detail about Peter's ego, him feeling emasculated, the change in Peter and Carla's relationship as when they first got together she was so vulnerable and dependent on him, whereas now she's much more together and in control. However the way they seemed to have packed it into a couple of weeks, with random and contrived scenes just makes it a very unbelievable and irritating storyline to watch as a viewer. I'm utterly convinced it was thought of as a result of Tommy's exit and nothing the publicity manager says will convince me otherwise!!:D

Totally! :mad:
    In a way the interview was much better than I thought. Clearly Peter still loves Carla, the quote being that he adored her still which is a positive. I agree about it seemingly all being about Carla, he mentioned her throughout the questions, about Tina being a young Carla and about her making him feel emasculated, her not caring enough about Simon etc. I imagine she'll be spending time with Hayley on the wedding dress, neglecting Simon :yawn: all very predictable drivel. Also liked the way CG was clear to point out it wasn't about love but all lust on Peters part, whereas it appears Tina is going to fall in love with him.

BIB - And, if rumours are correct, it appears to lead to Tina's downfall/murder. Not that I think Peter will be capable of murder. But, if Chris Gascoyne is really going to take time away from the show, it seems a likely possibility Peter might just be carted off to prison, for a crime he's likely not to have committed,...speculatively speaking of course. :confused:
    Think Peter loves being the hero, the knight in shining armour and Carla genuinely saw him as her saviour, but as their relationship developed it was obvious she would grow more comfortable in her own skin. Tina is clearly upset because of Tommy, the Tracey/Rob thing left her coming off worse, and is clearly not as wealthy as Carla and Peter sees the opportunity to once step in, massage his ego and his obvious love for women sees him doing the predictable thing once again.

It's how Peter will act towards Carla,..after he's slept with Tina, I'm dreading. I'm torn though. :confused: I'm also interested to see how it all plays out afterwards, from Carla's perspective. I await this sorry turn of events with some trepidation,...naturally. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a theory that maybe Rob finds out about the affair on the day of the wedding - maybe he overhears Tina and Peter talking. And goes to see Carla with every intention of telling her, but can't go through with it when he sees how happy she is. So proceeds to blackmail Peter in the months that follow. Maybe keeping the bookies for another 6 months, things like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a theory that maybe Rob finds out about the affair on the day of the wedding - maybe he overhears Tina and Peter talking. And goes to see Carla with every intention of telling her, but can't go through with it when he sees how happy she is. So proceeds to blackmail Peter in the months that follow. Maybe keeping the bookies for another 6 months, things like that.

Yeah, that might actually be a very likely set of events! Also, in the spoiler pictures of the wedding, Rob appears to be the one that will be giving Carla away (well he's certainly all dressed up for the part anyway). So,...my guess is, Rob finds out about the affair, just before Carla actually asks Rob to give her away. And, as Rob's also rather touched that Carla has asked him, plus, she's all excited and loved up about the wedding, Rob can't bring himself to confess all, and break her heart about Peter's affair.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which would be a nice touch Rob/Carla wise actually, to show that he still cares about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Carla or Tina/Peter in press spoilers but there are some Peter/Leanne spoilers. This is the week from 17th November to the 22nd November. Surely the affair should be in these press spoilers, unless it literally is the night before the wedding.
    Mon 18th
    Peter’s concerns leave Leanne on the edge.
  • Options
    LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the spoilers :)
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    According to soaplife, P & C's big day happens in the next mag ie w/c Mon 25th or w/c 2nd Dec.

When does he sleep with Tina?

Only 3/4 weeks away :eek:

P&T will probably almost kiss soon but the affair is supposed to be happening over Christmas, isn't it? They must pick up where they left off just after the wedding :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't want it to happen after the wedding :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I've stopped watch corrie, will probably pick it up again at some point but don't really intend to.. I've lost interest and this P&T affair sounds silly, sounds like Peter has to convince himself he just lusts after Tina and doesn't love her. Lol.

Snap. However I did happen to catch a bit of the omnibus at the gym at the weekend, and my question is:

Why was Tina having drinks with Stella Gloria and Leanne? How did this come about in the sl?? and surely Leanne would hate Tina for not telling it was David who caused the crash? I understand Mich keegan obviously has to be put in every scene because she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but really the randomness is just too much.

Tbh I'm choosing to see the funny side of this so called 'affair' it's an utter joke, cobbled together due to Fountain's departure and we all know it no matter how many times we are told otherwise. :D

And on a final note, I find myself about to say something I thought I never would. I actually feel sorry for Simon! He's being passed around like a lost puppy, and Jane Dansen herself said Leanne would put Simon first, and after the whole custody battle, why the hell would Leanne dump Simon to look after Nick? :confused: And since when did Peter not have time for him??? :confused: When it first came out the CG might be leaving i thought he would have to go to prison or die because there is no way Peter would ever leave Simon. Apparently his character has also changed as he seems happy to palm him off on Tina.

TPTB are really messing it up if you ask me. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Snap. However I did happen to catch a bit of the omnibus at the gym at the weekend, and my question is:

Why was Tina having drinks with Stella Gloria and Leanne? How did this come about in the sl?? and surely Leanne would hate Tina for not telling it was David who caused the crash? I understand Mich keegan obviously has to be put in every scene because she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but really the randomness is just too much.

Tbh I'm choosing to see the funny side of this so called 'affair' it's an utter joke, cobbled together due to Fountain's departure and we all know it no matter how many times we are told otherwise. :D

And on a final note, I find myself about to say something I thought I never would. I actually feel sorry for Simon! He's being passed around like a lost puppy, and Jane Dansen herself said Leanne would put Simon first, and after the whole custody battle, why the hell would Leanne dump Simon to look after Nick? :confused: And since when did Peter not have time for him??? :confused: When it first came out the CG might be leaving i thought he would have to go to prison or die because there is no way Peter would ever leave Simon. Apparently his character has also changed as he seems happy to palm him off on Tina.

TPTB are really messing it up if you ask me. :rolleyes:

The writing really has gone to pot recently. I mean the ridiculous Xmas storyline of Carla hating it in Weatherfield and about 4 days later she was back and absolutely fine was a low point but this isn't much better.
    Just because Carla and Peter work at the factory, surely Simon still goes to school!? Plus there's two of them and Eva!? How much work can there be.
    Why would he not be at school, with Deirdre, with Peter and Carla, with Leanne? Surely they can't all be busy at the same time so they need Saint Tina to appear
    The storyline is a load of rubbish to facilitate Tina's departure and wedding drama, and that is all. It doesn't matter that they've completely ruined a couple who they've spent 3 years building, a character who morals have always been important and is suddenly willing to cheat with a married man and I suppose a Tina pregnancy would top it all off! :eek:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a529234/coronation-street-leanne-to-make-tough-choice-over-simon.html <<< so he's back with Peter and Leanne's just prioritised Nick after berating Peter for putting Carla first with her drinking problem. Odd.. Worst thing about this is they probably only did it to make the affair believable, they can't keep making unrealistic events and character changes to fit the storylines!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing is idiotic. Changing characters and stories like that to fit the stupid storyline which nobody finds credible at all. Leanne would never give up Simon for Nick. She went to court to for a residancy order to live with her. She's his mum first and for all her faults always has been. What an utter joke that is. Peter and Carla have looked after Simon before. Ooh the hard ship to take and pick a child up after school.
    And it sounds like the affair doesn't even start till after the wedding too. All that about Tina not wanting to be the other women after they marry does not sound like a one night stand and peter having to 'convince himself' it's just lust. And the worst bit is Carla is truly so much more worthy. So is Ali and Chris to have make it at all believable but mostly Chris. No wonder he feels like leaving when Peter is constantly going round in circles with no growth or leaning.
    I don't care what they say. I think they have made it up quickly and I bet none of them saw it coming.

Just watching Corrie now. What they done to Todd? He was nothing like this bitchy, arrogant, bitter over his mum character before. There just changing personalities and characters for no reason. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't blame you. I think a lot of people, myself included, are beyond annoyed at this entire storyline. I used to look forward to episodes I knew Carla would be in, and was always rewatching the good scenes. These days, if it's on I'll watch it, but otherwise I won't make any effort to catch up, and I haven't rewatched a scene since the proposal. Every scene, and every spoiler I read just gets worse.
    SayNothing wrote: »

I can imagine them once again putting Saint Tina on a pedestal, her desperately in love with Peter and him using her and going on to marry Carla anyway.Will probably watch the wedding but don't know about the affair/one night stand. If the wedding really is in three weeks it can surely only be a one night stand :eek:

I agree with all of this. If it really was planned months ago like they say, surely there'd have at least been a bigger build up between Peter and Tina. Nope, I'm convinced this is a last minute change.
    As for it having potential, I agree it COULD, if it was done right. But it's all been done appallingly lately, and using a child's bullying hell to excuse an affair is just wrong, to be honest. It could have been a brilliant exploration into Simon's troubles, bringing in Carla's struggle to "relate to things like that" as Chris put it. Then Carter could've fallen out over their differing views on how to deal with it, or something, putting the wedding in jeopardy. But no, they go for the easiest possible plot and drag St Tina into yet another story, ruining what could otherwise have worked. No doubt the bullying will stop the second Tina intervenes and Simon will go back to his usual self within the episode :rolleyes:
    BIB - Can't say I blame you. It's all a bit dismal at the moment. I've taken to popping in and out. And, that's purely to keep up-to-date with the Roy/Hayley terminal cancer saga. Everything else is pretty painful and pointless. And, watching Tina popping up in every scene is more than irritating. :mad:
    This. I'm purely watching for Hayley and Roy and because I can't bring myself to 'abandon' Carla.

Oh, and re this Hayley making Carla's dress thing. I was so happy when I heard about it, and was really looking forward to these scenes. That is, until I started reading the spoilers and realising that Carla is almost certainly going to be portrayed very selfishly throughout this. From Heat's TV guide: "Carla is worried about not having her wedding frock in time so asks frail Hayley to make her one". I can just see the posts in the main forum now. :rolleyes::mad: Never mind the fact that Hayley will, or at least would under other writers, probably be frilled to be asked and welcome to distraction from all her recent physical and emotional pain. And the fact that Carla is choosing to wear a dress made by a friend as opposed to one of the many designer ones she could have chosen. But hey.

Re the affair, unless they're going to squeeze all this "desperately fighting their lustful feelings for each other" stuff into a few short episodes, end with a one night stand and then it all be over, I'm guess the affair will carry on long after the wedding. Which is the one thing I was really hoping wouldn't happen. If it is over Christmas as the press keep saying, then it must do. They'll probably be in bed together on Christmas Eve or something...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and it really wouldn't surprise me at all if there are lot of people leaving or considering leaving over this lousy writing. When you spend years portraying a character, to have their personality completely changed overnight to aid a tedious storyline must be annoying to say the least. Especially someone like Chris who we know puts so much into every scene. I mean, we can all come online/ bring it up in the pub or whatever and moan, but the cast are expected to back the writers' decisions regardless of how annoyed they may be, and that can't be an easy task at times.

I haven't watched that Jane Danson interview but I totally see where she's coming from. Leanne has always been hypocritical, but lately she's become so much so that even I, who have never liked her, am seeing that is completely unrealistic. Of course Leanne would support Simon,especially given how close she was to ending it with Nick a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Carla? That's what I want to know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where's Carla? That's what I want to know!
    Exactly!

I suppose, this is all part of the whole issue of painting Carla in a very poor light. If she's not about when the Simon/Faye/Grace bullying sl comes to the fore, and Peter is incensed about poor Simon's treatment, it will be very convenient if Carla is busy sorting out wedding dresses and flowers, completely oblivious, or distracted elsewhere.

As I've said,...very infuriating!

As the Tina/Peter saga is supposed to take place at the end of November, when they are giving each other lustful looks, I'm reluctantly beginning to believe it will continue well into January, and therefore,...after the wedding. :(:cry: If so, I really, really hope they are not planning to keep Carla in the dark for too long, after Christmas. That really will be painful viewing. The sooner Carla finds out about what happens between Tina and Peter, and begins to kick off, and start to defend herself,...the better! I'm just hoping Carla won't fall apart completely, when she does find out about the affair. Peter certainly won't deserve it. Plus, it will be heartbreaking to watch. I'd rather Carla stays strong, and gives Peter hell! Tina? Well, that goes without saying! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still really hoping the affair doesn't continue after the wedding, and I especially hope nothing happens on the DAY of the wedding because that would be too much. Why would he marry her only to cheat on her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The affair will definitely continue after the wedding it seems. Peter literally has no conscience. I can't even bare to speculate on this storyline anymore because it really is so tedious, I won't watch it and for me there's far too many affairs coming up.

Jane Danson (Leanne) said "She does discover something is going on and that opens up a new storyline for the Barlows. I’m saddened Leanne isn’t a bigger part of it, because I think as Simon’s mum she would have been quite protective of him but that’s to facilitate another story that opens up and of course to highlight the issues of bullying, which no parent wants to see their child go through.”

She was being quite clever and reserved but this portrays her dislike at the unrealistic storyline just to facilitate a boring affair which is what a lot of viewers will feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will it really come to that? Will Peter actually go ahead and marry Carla, and then continue the affair with Tina?!! That really will be intolerable viewing! We've spent a good two years, or so, getting to where we are with Carter. They're supposed to be each other's soul-mates. And, now we get Peter about to continue sleeping with Tina, when he's actually married Carla!! Surely this must have been thrown together in desperation! TPTB must be insane!!:mad:

If Leanne really does catch on to Tina and Peter, I hope she's not going to later give Carla a hard time on top of everything else! I can see her giving Carla the Karma card! We all know how hypocritical Leanne can be. Anyway, I wonder what could the new development sl possibly be about, between the Barlows?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it really come to that? Will Peter actually go ahead and marry Carla, and then continue the affair with Tina?!! That really will be intolerable viewing! We've spent a good two years, or so, getting to where we are with Carter. They're supposed to be each other's soul-mates. And, now we get Peter about to continue sleeping with Tina, when he's actually married Carla!! Surely this must have been thrown together in desperation! TPTB must be insane!!:mad:

If Leanne really does catch on to Tina and Peter, I hope she's not going to later give Carla a hard time on top of everything else! I can see her giving Carla the Karma card! We all know how hypocritical Leanne can be. Anyway, I wonder what could the new development sl possibly be about, between the Barlows?

Actually, I could see her sympathising with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I'm still really hoping the affair doesn't continue after the wedding, and I especially hope nothing happens on the DAY of the wedding because that would be too much. Why would he marry her only to cheat on her?

I think he spends the night before the wedding with Tina :( Not certain on this one though!

The spoilers have just angered me even more over this SL...Are we seriously supposed to expect that Carla just disappears into thin air with wedding plans? I mean I know that's the whole point in this SL/their excuse for the affair, but would she really have brought Peter into Underworld and asked him to marry her then completely miss the point of why she's doing it all in the first place?!

I still can't, and won't accept the writers allowing Peter to cheat within a matter of a few weeks. Judging by the spoilers it looks like in the space of a week they're going to fall head over heels with each other....where are the writers who wrote the Carla and Peter storylines?! I just want this all over with now. Hopefully if they do split we'll get the b*tchy Carla back, I was rewatching old scenes the other day and I've realised just how sloppy and soft she is now compared to back in the Liam/Tony days...

Absolutely loved the Carla and Hayley scenes tonight. I think it just made it even more perfect because of how awkward and uncomfortable Carla seemed with the whole sympathy and caring side, but it was handled/acted so well. And I think/hope we'll get quite a few more scenes from these two to come. Even though it's the last thing she needs, I really hope Hayley finds out about the Peter and Tina affair. I can see her having the whole "You've helped me, now I'm helping you" attitude and it could work really well, especially seeing as it's only really Hayley and Michelle who Carla has now....because where on earth has Maria disappeared to?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I literally feel hatred towards Stuart Blackburn for doing this to my ship! I don't even feel anger at Peter because I don't even feel like it counts as part of the characters canon because it's so RIDICULOUS!

Grrrrr. I need to distance myself. I'm far too emotionally involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    Actually, I could see her sympathising with her.

God, I do hope so! The last thing Carla needs on top of everything else is, St Sanctimonious Leanne!! :(
    I think he spends the night before the wedding with Tina :( Not certain on this one though!

I'm definitely dreading this! Can you imagine how happy and excited Carla will be the night before the wedding? And, I bet we'll get to see these excruciating scenes. To make matters worse, we might even get pensive Carla, thinking back to how far she's come to get to this point. She'll probably have a heart-to-heart with Michelle, and might make reference to Liam and Tony. :cry: And, then scenes will pan into Peter doing his business with Tina. :mad: Kill me now!! :cry:

And, yeah! God knows what has happened to Maria lately! :confused: She's not been around for months. I know she's in the spoiler wedding pictures. So, I suppose we'll get a fleeting glimpse of her on the wedding day, or something. It would be nice to know that she might actually be around, providing extra support, when Carla eventually does find out about Peter and Tina.
    I still can't, and won't accept the writers allowing Peter to cheat within a matter of a few weeks. Judging by the spoilers it looks like in the space of a week they're going to fall head over heels with each other....where are the writers who wrote the Carla and Peter storylines?! I just want this all over with now. Hopefully if they do split we'll get the b*tchy Carla back, I was rewatching old scenes the other day and I've realised just how sloppy and soft she is now compared to back in the Liam/Tony days...

BIB - Totally!! :mad:
    Absolutely loved the Carla and Hayley scenes tonight. I think it just made it even more perfect because of how awkward and uncomfortable Carla seemed with the whole sympathy and caring side, but it was handled/acted so well. And I think/hope we'll get quite a few more scenes from these two to come. Even though it's the last thing she needs, I really hope Hayley finds out about the Peter and Tina affair. I can see her having the whole "You've helped me, now I'm helping you" attitude and it could work really well, especially seeing as it's only really Hayley and Michelle who Carla has now....because where on earth has Maria disappeared to?!

BIB - Totally! It's the only thing that is making current sls just about tolerable. The hope that we will get more Hayley/Carla scenes. They are absolutely brilliant together. And, their scenes are so exquisitely acted. I'd love to think Hayley gets involved with Tina/Peter, and tries to help Carla. I hope she's not too frail by the time she finds out about their affair. I hope Hayley gives Peter what for! Got to admit, Hayley is being pretty fiesty at the moment. Admittedly, it's because she's trying desperately to get through to Roy, and have him respect her wishes. But, she really is determined to stand her ground in all things at the moment. I guess, she doesn't have the time to dilly-dally. :(
    I literally feel hatred towards Stuart Blackburn for doing this to my ship! I don't even feel anger at Peter because I don't even feel like it counts as part of the characters canon because it's so RIDICULOUS!

BIB - LOL. Definitely made me chuckle. I do feel your pain. I think none of us have been happy with current sl lines for the last 6 months, if not longer. I wonder how long SB's tenure is? :D :eek:
    Grrrrr. I need to distance myself. I'm far too emotionally involved.

Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do we think they spend the night before the wedding together?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spoilers are as ridiculous as I expected :rolleyes: So within a week, Tina is supporting and calming down poor, abandoned Peter, while his fiancé is off picking flowers (probably) and not giving a damn about him or his son. :mad:

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Peter will wake up with Tina on the morning of the wedding, especially given that she's in the flat telling Peter he doesn't wanna marry Carla on what is clearly the morning of the wedding. Urgh. I'm genuinely finding it funny now, it's just so ridiculous.

If this affair is a quick, two-week thing which ends with Peter telling Tina he loves Carla and that whatever they had is over, then I could maybe, maybe forgive in time. If he grovels. A lot. But if it continues after the wedding; if there's so much as a flicker between them when he and Carla return from honeymoon... That will be the moment I switch off for good. Unfortunately, given that this story has been described as a Christmas fling, it is seeming more and more likely that this will be case, and that Peter and Tina will pick up where they left off over Christmas.