Try watching this ad,and not get emotional.

Comments

• ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you need an advert to say somthing wonderful to a loved one then summat is wrong in your life, sickiningly horrid advert
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly didn't get emotional but it was very sweet :)
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I didn't get emotional. What does that mean?
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get emotional. It's a load of sentimental bollocks.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did get emotional, but then my parents are both very ill so it's an emotional time.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly didn't get emotional but it was very sweet :)
    kippeh wrote: »
    I didn't get emotional. What does that mean?
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    I didn't get emotional. It's a load of sentimental bollocks.

I don't know what the OP was expecting from the cynics of DS because of course he was going to get the opposite of what he was intending. Seriously DS gives me no hope.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i haven't even watched it & it made me weep.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i haven't even watched it & it made me weep.

:D lol. I'm on a car journey so not going to watch right now but I'm guessing what its like - does it involve friends or/and relatives with cancer?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    :D lol. I'm on a car journey so not going to watch right now but I'm guessing what its like - does it involve friends or/and relatives with cancer?.

No that is actually the one thing it doesn't have....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I did get emotional, but then my parents are both very ill so it's an emotional time.

Kind of snap. I felt tearful because my Nan has dementia and has no idea anymore that I am her Granddaughter and she thinks my children are nothing to do with our family. She kind of brought me up and I have days where the grief overwhelms me and its so hard to be with this wonderful person but their memory of everything has gone. I wrote her a card once just telling her I loved her and thankyou for being a great Nan but she just looked blank. Its very very hard to deal with so I felt tearful because of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    No that is actually the one thing it doesn't have....

I'm somewhat surprised - what about Ill children or relatives? Must do...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm somewhat surprised - what about Ill children or relatives? Must do...

Nope just actual people speaking to actual living breathing relatives...it is however from a Funeral Insurance firm, but no actual dead bodies or people I am afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinnx3 wrote: »
    Kind of snap. I felt tearful because my Nan has dementia and has no idea anymore that I am her Granddaughter and she thinks my children are nothing to do with our family. She kind of brought me up and I have days where the grief overwhelms me and its so hard to be with this wonderful person but their memory of everything has gone. I wrote her a card once just telling her I loved her and thankyou for being a great Nan but she just looked blank. Its very very hard to deal with so I felt tearful because of that.

:( I'm so sorry - that must be tough. Do you have other relatives to talk to about it?.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very cute and sweet
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically an advert from a company who are pretending to be altruistic to flog insurance or pre-paid funerals or something similar.

It was a bit sweet, but a tad vomit-inducing at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Nope just actual people speaking to actual living breathing relatives...it is however from a Funeral Insurance firm, but no actual dead bodies or people I am afraid.

Well that's no good - lol. I'm weird, I can seem very unemotional, certainly in social situations, funerals etc. But on the other hand I also tend to be really sensitive - I just bottle it up and tend not to show it. I don't think I cried when my grandparents died but I do miss them. I was more worried about how to act at the funeral.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not emotional, this is emotional -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Me_In2dyM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( I'm so sorry - that must be tough. Do you have other relatives to talk to about it?.

Yes I do thankyou IzzyS. Its so hard not to be able to talk to her anymore, just to have a conversation instead of the same thing on permanent repeat.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »

There must be something wrong with me as I thought that was a pile of crap as well.

I get the words and the meaning behind them, but I find stuff like that more depressing than emotional.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    That chick making the first speech was smokin' :D

Otherwise, just some scum-sucking corporation looking to turn a buck from exploiting people's sentimentalism.
  • Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminds me of an upworthy video, where participants were first asked to write a letter to someone they cared about, and why they were so special to them. They were then handed a phone and told to phone that person, and read out their letter over the phone:
    http://www.upworthy.com/scientists-discover-one-of-the-greatest-contributing-factors-to-happiness-youll-thank-me
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    TommyNooka wrote: »

Christ, that's even worse. :o

Mawkish, whiny vocals.

Lyrics so clumsy and hackneyed that they would disgrace a greetings card.

That's not emotional; it's just awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinnx3 wrote: »
    Yes I do thankyou IzzyS. Its so hard not to be able to talk to her anymore, just to have a conversation instead of the same thing on permanent repeat.

Your welcome. My grandmother is heading that way but not there yet, though she is in her 90s. She doesn't talk to me much when we visit but I presume she remembers me. At least there's always memories of when they were younger.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »

I'm afraid my emotionality meter remained stubbornly stuck at zero.

Great advertising ploy though.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I detest cheap sentiment.