Options

Anastacia - Resurrection (New Album Official Thread)

Comments

• Options
    choonchoon Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great album, love it!
  • Options
    matty200matty200 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Absolutely gorgeous album - been listening to this all day!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm listening for the first time now. Stupid Little Things will probably go down as one of the best songs of 2014. Stay made me cry...truly heartbreaking and beautiful.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news for Anastacia. Her new album 'Resurrection' is on course to make the Top 10 this week - being her highest charting album since 2005.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope this does do well for her I haven't seen much promotion for it and it has grown on me a lot though I do still think her voice is grating
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice has always been marmite as said by others, I personally think her voice is something exceptional, I love that she is not afraid to be playful and exciting with her voice but knows when to use the soft side of her voice too, her voice is so dynamic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She performed Stupid Little Things on The Voice France :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdGhN-fxb0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officially #9 in the UK! :d
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Officially #9 in the UK! :d
    Really happy about this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This album really is sensational.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of the top 40 in the UK midweeks!! :( Come on, more people buy it!! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Out of the top 40 in the UK midweeks!! :( Come on, more people buy it!! lol

For God's sake! How can the crap people like Rita Ora and Will.I.Am spew out get straight to number one but true, quality talent like Anastacia struggle to keep their work afloat at all.

I know people will like what they like and that there is a lot of ageism in the music industry and among the buying public, but it's lunacy when an album as good as this doesn't get to the top.
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask people what they consider the stand-out tracks of the album?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lifeline, Oncoming Train, Stupid Little Things, Stay, Resurrection - these are mine, though I think the full album is a masterpiece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    For God's sake! How can the crap people like Rita Ora and Will.I.Am spew out get straight to number one but true, quality talent like Anastacia struggle to keep their work afloat at all.

I know people will like what they like and that there is a lot of ageism in the music industry and among the buying public, but it's lunacy when an album as good as this doesn't get to the top.

I see things the same as you, it's very sad that real talent rarely gets anywhere these days. I really hope it does better elsewhere, I want Anastacia to stay around for a long time!
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh I haven't seen any promotion for the album so unless your a fan and seemed out information I don't think the casual listener would know she had an album out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I haven't seen any promotion for the album so unless your a fan and seemed out information I don't think the casual listener would know she had an album out

This is true, she has only appeared on a few low-keys in the UK, I don't think she's even performed it on TV in the UK yet. Let's see what the future brings!:D
  • Options
    Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've not even seen it in the supermarkets. I think if people knew she had an album, I'm sure she'd sell a few. She was really popular ten years ago, and I don't think people have forgotten her.

Perhaps wouldn't do as well as before, but I reckon she could at least go gold with a bit of effort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did Paul O'Grady and Lorraine lol..bit of a shame she didn't sing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You do raise a good point. To make a mark, artists need to promote like crazy and I haven't seen this album advertised or even talked about on TV at all. It's a crying shame that people who might love it are missing out because they don't know it exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did Paul O'Grady and Lorraine lol..bit of a shame she didn't sing!

She was, but on both of these shows she was mostly discussing her second battle with cancer with the odd snippet of Stupid Little Things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stupid Little Things, Staring at the Sun and Lifeline. The iTunes bonus track Underdog is also really good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »
    She was, but on both of these shows she was mostly discussing her second battle with cancer with the odd snippet of Stupid Little Things.
    Obviously I understand about the importance of discussing cancer. Although as many have said on this thread we love her music and she was in the UK to promote a new album. Back in the day she would have sung away!! Of course there is the possibility the shows she went on didn't offer her the chance to sing. Maybe the album should have come out after a 2nd single?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid Little Things, Staring at the Sun and Lifeline. The iTunes bonus track Underdog is also really good!

I think the whole album is ace, my faves are Lifeline, Staring At The Sun, I Don't Want To Be The One, Evolution, Pendulum, Apology, Oncoming Train & Underdog. SLT of course too.

Left Outside (Part 2) is lovely too, different to the original.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame us Brits have let this album flop so bad.....

UK chart run so far:

9-41-81 (midweek)....:o

Anyone who likes Anastacia, try sharing news of her new album and the song! Hopefully she'll get some big promo slots in the UK soon.