Options

Celebrity MasterChef 2014

Comments

• Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So JB went on to product place his Venison Farm? I am also very suspicious of people who are bad in the first round but suddenly get good.

PJ
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    I gave her the benefit of the doubt that it was nerves. Im surprised to see
    Her in this Tbh.
    If anyone's not the full shilling, I'd say it was Ken

I was surprised that Ken didn't really annoy me because he usually does but his nonsense was overshadowed by Amanda.

Her behaviour actually shocked me but maybe you are right about nerves.
    Surely she wouldn't get any work if that was how she carried on normally. :o

Andi Peters isn't very popular around here, is he? :D

I hadn't started watching when he was on and I just remember him from the Broom Cupboard............and that wasn't yesterday. ;-)
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Amanda Burton can get so little work as an actress these days that she has to do reality programmes. I'll expect to see her in a short contract role in a soap after this, no doubt. I thought the same about Sophie Thompson actually. I'm surprised that as, experienced, reputable actors, they don't do rep rather than reality shows.:confused:
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Amanda Burton can get so little work as an actress these days that she has to do reality programmes. I'll expect to see her in a short contract role in a soap after this, no doubt. I thought the same about Sophie Thompson actually. I'm surprised that as, experienced, reputable actors, they don't do rep rather than reality shows.:confused:

That's assuming all the actors are only doing it because they can't get, or haven't had for a while, any meaningful paid work (on screen or in the theatre) and are only doing CMC as a last resort to get their face on tv! While that motivation may be true of some, you can't say that of all of them. Just to take Sophie as an example, she isn't, and never has been, short of work and good acting roles so she's hardly doing it because no one else will pay her to work!

And I'm not sure why being a reputable, experienced actor should mean you can't do things that are a bit more fun - and, if you're an actor, a chance to be seen as you. Sophie (and, indeed, her whole family) are a bit 'delightfully bonkers', so I can well imagine when CMC came knocking she did it because it appealed to her, not because she felt she 'needed' to do it as a paying gig!

Amanda comes across to me as a bit nervous - I've not really watched things she's been in, but her name seems to be around fairly regularly in acting roles, so whether, again, she's doing it because she 'needs' to is debatable.

They may be the exceptions, of course - undoubtedly many who go on celebrity editions of popular shows are doing it to get themselves acquainted, or reacquainted with, prime time tv. But it would be wrong to tar them all with the same brush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's assuming all the actors are only doing it because they can't get, or haven't had for a while, any meaningful paid work (on screen or in the theatre) and are only doing CMC as a last resort to get their face on tv! While that motivation may be true of some, you can't say that of all of them. Just to take Sophie as an example, she isn't, and never has been, short of work and good acting roles so she's hardly doing it because no one else will pay her to work!

And I'm not sure why being a reputable, experienced actor should mean you can't do things that are a bit more fun - and, if you're an actor, a chance to be seen as you. Sophie (and, indeed, her whole family) are a bit 'delightfully bonkers', so I can well imagine when CMC came knocking she did it because it appealed to her, not because she felt she 'needed' to do it as a paying gig!

Amanda comes across to me as a bit nervous - I've not really watched things she's been in, but her name seems to be around fairly regularly in acting roles, so whether, again, she's doing it because she 'needs' to is debatable.

They may be the exceptions, of course - undoubtedly many who go on celebrity editions of popular shows are doing it to get themselves acquainted, or reacquainted with, prime time tv. But it would be wrong to tar them all with the same brush.

As ever jp you make very reasonable points and I cannot disagree with you. :)

We only have to look at JSP (who seems to be constantly working) to add support to your post. Kirsty Wark also participated.

Imho CMC is not the place for media-**** and I cannot see the majority doing it for anything other than the 'experience'.
    In fact I'd go so far as to say that anyone attempting to 'up' their profile sticks out like a sore thumb. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Andi Peters need someone to have a word.

He acts like he's some world renowned food critic. Not some barely known celebrity who didn't win a telly cooking show.

I did a bit of research on AP and he has done much much more than appear on CMC so I think you are being a tad harsh. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andi_Peters

Whilst none of that makes him a food critic, like all the others he is just pontificating.
    That's why he is there.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with DD and JP. If they wanted to learn to cook they would take a course ( likewise instead of SCD they'd take dancing lessons) PRIVATELY. Doing it via the tv smacks of their agent getting them work wherever and whenever they can.
    I mentioned Sophie and Amanda in particular as they are supposed to be reputable actors and I am surprised that they have the time for a bit of nonsense like CMC, unless work has dried up and they need to raise their profiles. They both came across to me, as being deliberately wacky/ emotional and actressy, but as I don't know them, I suppose it could be genuine.
    However, as none of us know the truth of the matter, we can speculate to high heaven and agree to differ :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up - pretty shocked at the lazy vegetarian offering of omelette - totally lacking in imagination and it defo wasn't a Spanish omelette :(

And that banoffee cheesecake - was she for real. Mess on a plate. The cheese and tomato stack also lacked imagination, maybe a sun dried tom, mozzarella and olive tapenade in filo would have made it slightly more interesting.

Standard seems pretty low so far...roll on next week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with DD and JP. If they wanted to learn to cook they would take a course ( likewise instead of SCD they'd take dancing lessons) PRIVATELY. Doing it via the tv smacks of their agent getting them work wherever and whenever they can.
    I mentioned Sophie and Amanda in particular as they are supposed to be reputable actors and I am surprised that they have the time for a bit of nonsense like CMC, unless work has dried up and they need to raise their profiles. They both came across to me, as being deliberately wacky/ emotional and actressy, but as I don't know them, I suppose it could be genuine.
    However, as none of us know the truth of the matter, we can speculate to high heaven and agree to differ :D

That's fine by me. :D

Still don't think your theory holds water though when you consider the motives of these three very successful woman who certainly don't need the work. In fact I'm very impressed that they managed to find the time to do RTV.

JSP
    Kirsty Wark
    Deborah Meaden

At a guess I'd say it was a bit of 'light relief' for them.
    That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it...........so there. :p
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    That's fine by me. :D

Still don't think your theory holds water though when you consider the motives of these three very successful woman who certainly don't need the work. In fact I'm very impressed that they managed to find the time to do RTV.

JSP
    Kirsty Wark
    Deborah Meaden

At a guess I'd say it was a bit of 'light relief' for them.
    That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it...........so there. :p
    obviously we'll all have our own theories and it cant always be all about the money but I would guess people like D Meedon realise they need to broaden their profile. Not sure who Jsp is.
    To me AP comes across as ok on other things, dont know why he needs to be such a tit on this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above mentioned..JSP, Deb.M etc are not actresses....that's the difference :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above mentioned..JSP, Deb.M etc are not actresses....that's the difference :p:D

My initial reaction to the above was 'neat body swerve'. :D

However,to be fair, I reread your posts and yes you did refer to the acting profession so I was in the wrong by discussing three females, none of whom were actresses. :blush:

Still don't agree with your theory though. :p
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks folks for your interesting views - you certainly make me see the contestants in a new light. And I do love it when Phil takes Andy down a peg or two, Phil seemingly the least pretentious ex Masterchef winner of all time.:D
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening Everyone !
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening...Just in from a long walk..Hoping to stay awake!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg sure likes that green jumper!
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leslie Ash ... I can only hope she fall at the first hurdle...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We do home made pizza about once a month (making our own dough). My 7 year old tops her own - it is not taxing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-made dough...not really much to do then!
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,119
    Forum Member
    Pizza !! That's not that hard to do, kids make them.
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all.
    Always follow Masterchef but don't always watch live for posting purposes.

What do we think of tonight's lot? Leslie Ash and Tanya both have overdone the facial work haven't they? Eek!
    Come on Trevor from Brookside :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have these people not used a rolling pin??
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh spooky! Am just making home made pizza. they are in the oven as I type.

Just nomming on the garlic pizza I did for starters *noms it*

pah! They didn't even make the dough!
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    Pizza !! That's not that hard to do, kids make them.

And yet they are making a mess of it.

Who so Tania who is so used to pressurised atmospheres?

And Millie?