Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an awful feeling that Rayna will choose Luke. He is a regular next season so it makes sense. It will also drag out her and Deacon for at least another year. They will only let those two get back together at the very end of the show, I think.

Gunnar seems to have feelings for Scarlett again - could get messy!!

And poor Maddie - how unfair of her wicked mother not to sign her to her very own music label!! Seriously, could she BE any more spoilt and self-entitled????

I did feel sorry for Will, though.

Luke and Jeff are definitely in cahoots. Two slimeballs together.

Can't believe it's all over for another year!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an awful feeling that Rayna will choose Luke. He is a regular next season so it makes sense. It will also drag out her and Deacon for at least another year. They will only let those two get back together at the very end of the show, I think.

Gunnar seems to have feelings for Scarlett again - could get messy!!

And poor Maddie - how unfair of her wicked mother not to sign her to her very own music label!! Seriously, could she BE any more spoilt and self-entitled????

I did feel sorry for Will, though.

Luke and Jeff are definitely in cahoots. Two slimeballs together

Can't believe it's all over for another year!!

I agree re Rayna & Deacon ~ frustrating as it is, it's a Ross/Rachel storyline, and I doubt they'll get together for good until the show comes to an end.

Biggest giveaway for me was when Rayna & Juliette revealed to Jeff how they'd shafted him, and he blurted out 'Did Luke know about this?' , presumably worried that his little mole hadn't fed him the information he was tasked with gathering >:(
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Good to see that Jeff's plans failed and not surprised to see that Will's big reveal to Layla was captured on camera - now, how will it be used?

Well the reality TV show would have to be done with the approval of the record company, i.e. Jeff, and we know from the Juliette situation that Jeff is not above blackmail.

Given that Jeff already had suspicions about Will's sexuality before the TV show started, and given that he suggested to Will that it was "a bad idea" if he wanted to keep secrets, I would not be particularly surprised to learn that Jeff had the concealed camera secretly installed in Will & Layla's bedroom with the intention of compromising Will.

I don't think the TV crew are aware of the bedroom camera or have access to the feed, which probably goes to Jeff. He could use it to blackmail Will at some point (e.g. if he tries to leave Edge Hill), and/or he could leak it to TMZ or some other gossip site and suspicion would fall on the reality TV producers that they'd installed a secret camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    Well the reality TV show would have to be done with the approval of the record company, i.e. Jeff, and we know from the Juliette situation that Jeff is not above blackmail.

Given that Jeff already had suspicions about Will's sexuality before the TV show started, and given that he suggested to Will that it was "a bad idea" if he wanted to keep secrets, I would not be particularly surprised to learn that Jeff had the concealed camera secretly installed in Will & Layla's bedroom with the intention of compromising Will.

I don't think the TV crew are aware of the bedroom camera or have access to the feed, which probably goes to Jeff. He could use it to blackmail Will at some point (e.g. if he tries to leave Edge Hill), and/or he could leak it to TMZ or some other gossip site and suspicion would fall on the reality TV producers that they'd installed a secret camera.

This is a good point ~ I hadn't thought that the bedroom camera might be Jeff's personal addition. After all. Will specifically told the production company no cameras in the bedroom, so if they deliberately went against that I guess they could be sued to high heaven.
    Forum Member
    If there were any lingering doubt that Luke has controlling tendencies, bouncing Rayna into agreeing to a marriage proposal in public in front of 70,000 fans of both her and Luke more than confirms it as far as I am concerned.

For me the shining light in this finale (and for much of the series) has been Juliette, who way back in the pilot seemed destined to be just another carbon-copy sub-Dynasty 'soap opera bitch' but Hayden's performance has been really quite remarkable, infusing the character with a cracked vulnerability and emotional resonance as well as a brittle and combative exterior, that makes Juliette one of the most fascinating and arguably the most sympathetic of all the characters in the show. The scenes with her and Avery really packed an emotional punch for me and my heart ached for the poor girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there were any lingering doubt that Luke has controlling tendencies, bouncing Rayna into agreeing to a marriage proposal in public in front of 70,000 fans of both her and Luke more than confirms it as far as I am concerned.

For me the shining light in this finale (and for much of the series) has been Juliette, who way back in the pilot seemed destined to be just another carbon-copy sub-Dynasty 'soap opera bitch' but Hayden's performance has been really quite remarkable, infusing the character with a cracked vulnerability and emotional resonance as well as a brittle and combative exterior, that makes Juliette one of the most fascinating and arguably the most sympathetic of all the characters in the show. The scenes with her and Avery really packed an emotional punch for me and my heart ached for the poor girl.

I totally agree about Juliette - she reminds me a bit of Jac Naylor in Holby City - outwardly a cold, ambitious, career driven b*tch but underneath it all full of vulnerability and very self-destructive. It's a case of hurt them before they hurt me. But when they love, they really do love. It makes them fascinating to watch and you feel for them even when they are at their most destructive. Both actresses are amazing and perhaps, this, more than anything, is why the characters are so sympathetic.

Luke's controlling ways will assert themselves next year I reckon. Hopefully Rayna won't go as far as marrying him before she sees his true colours.

And dancingbearbear I agree that Jeff blurting out "does Luke know about this" was a real giveaway but it seemed to sail over Rayna's head. She must be blinded by love!!

Luke hates Deacon (although he pretends not to) and my guess is we will see him trying to do real damage to him next year. >:(
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the comments about all the loose ends. As the creators didn't know whether the show would be renewed, I was expecting to see something which could've past as a last-ever episode, with everything being resolved.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    DJW13 wrote: »
    Disappointed that this season has finished - it will be a long wait for the next one I fear. I just hope that it is actually shown on a channel I receive and doesn't move to a paid for channel.

I was hoping for a final song by Gunnar and Scarlett, but felt that the performance lacked the magic of their early songs.

Good to see that Jeff's plans failed and not surprised to see that Will's big reveal to Layla was captured on camera - now, how will it be used?

If there wasn't another series I would in my mind think that the link between Jeff and Luke is revealed; Deacon and Rayna get together; Juliette and Avery reconcile; Gunnar and Scarlett manage to write songs together; Maddie grows up and understands that continuing with school does not mean that she will never have a career.

I too hope Deacon and Rayna get together. I have been thinking that Luke is a major shareholder in the record company and that Rayna finds out. I also think that Gunnar and Scarlett might get back together as Zoe travels a lot and is successful and she and Gunnar grow apart.

Don't care about Will much but think you have a good take on Maddie. I think she also becomes closer to Teddy as Deacon travels quite a bit.

I really hope we get some kind of special or something. I just cannot wait until the new series.
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I agree with the comments about all the loose ends. As the creators didn't know whether the show would be renewed, I was expecting to see something which could've past as a last-ever episode, with everything being resolved.

I have to agree. Too many loose ends for me.

There have been many really interesting thoughts about what will happen in the new series. Very good ones too. Maybe we should try and write the plots for the new series and see if they follow the series next year. Good exercise for the summer maybe.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could Layla has installed the camera in the bedroom?

She knows something is up with Will - maybe she thought he was having an affair with another woman or something so put the camera clock up hoping to catch him in the act

I am not sure that Jeff would have been able to put it up there would he.......
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    could Layla has installed the camera in the bedroom?

She knows something is up with Will - maybe she thought he was having an affair with another woman or something so put the camera clock up hoping to catch him in the act

I am not sure that Jeff would have been able to put it up there would he.......

Would be a good twist as she could then use it to blackmail Jeff into getting back on the label or she exposes Will and blows Jeff's plans up?

I agree a fairly meh final apart from the excellent Juliette scenes, was expecting something more explosive.
    Forum Member
    And dancingbearbear I agree that Jeff blurting out "does Luke know about this" was a real giveaway but it seemed to sail over Rayna's head. She must be blinded by love!!

That comment need not necessarily be Jeff "slipping up" by questioning what Luke knew.

We the audience, who suspect Jeff of having engaged Luke in some enterprise of espionage/sabotage against Highway 65, albeit, and it bears noting, without us having actually seen any evidence of such within the show may infer that Jeff has unintentionally let slip a hidden and nefarious connection to Luke, but what we have seen so far comes nowhere close to confirming our suspicions.

As observed by the characters, principally in this case Rayna, Jeff's enquiry as to whether Luke knew about his (Jeff's) attempts to blackmail Juliette into leaving Highway 65 can be interpreted as Jeff protecting his own position, not wanting Luke to know the extent of his 'depravity' (for want of a better word - sha**ing someone then blackmailing them about it seems depraved to me) because Luke, who is Edge Hill's No. 1 signing would probably elect to leave the label, putting Jeff in even more do-do with the shareholders.
    Forum Member

I agree a fairly meh final apart from the excellent Juliette scenes, was expecting something more explosive.

Well last year they did the big car wreck thing so I think a 'spectacular' would have been redundant and repetitive.

Although, when Avery said To Juliette that if you really love someone you'd rather die than hurt them, I did for a flickering second wonder whether an emotionally distraught Juliette might take that as a cue to down a bottle of bourbon and a truckload of pills! :o:o
    Forum Member
    So much to think about. I never even 'twigged' about the camera in the bedroom. Guess I had tuned off the Will and Layla storyline.

I really hope that Rayna and Deacon get together before the end of next series. It will also be interesting to see what happens with Juliette's pregnancy!
  • exploexplo Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most disappointing thing about the finale was not seeing Scarlett on a bus heading out of town.
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    So much to think about. I never even 'twigged' about the camera in the bedroom. Guess I had tuned off the Will and Layla storyline.

I really hope that Rayna and Deacon get together before the end of next series. It will also be interesting to see what happens with Juliette's pregnancy!

Juliette isn't pregnant (yet!)

Hayden might be (I'm not sure she or Vitaly have confirmed anything to date?)

I expect the first few episodes of Season 3 will involve lots of Juliette sitting behind a desk or standing holding a big box or cushion until they can bring the plot up to speed with real life events and then we'll segue into some "Is it Jeff's or is it Avery's" nonsense for several weeks.

Will be quite funny to watch tiny Juliette Barnes inexplicably balloon up like Grace van Pelt did on The Mentalist when Amanda Righetti was pregnant! :D
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Juliette isn't pregnant (yet!)

Hayden might be (I'm not sure she or Vitaly have confirmed anything to date?)

Wrong brother. Its Wladimir not Vitaly.
    Forum Member
    Wrong brother. Its Wladimir not Vitaly.

Crap! Mea Culpa

Not a boxing fan (or, particularly, a gossip-hound) so always getting those two mixed up! :blush::blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap! Mea Culpa

Not a boxing fan (or, particularly, a gossip-hound) so always getting those two mixed up! :blush::blush::blush:

No probs - my husband is Ukrainian and has family in Kiev, so we have an interest.:D
    What really worries me is that he is 6ft 6in and she is 5ft nothing.
    Forum Member
    No probs - my husband is Ukrainian and has family in Kiev, so we have an interest.:D

As Hayden herself said in an interview last year that just means any kids they have will be "normal size" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you mean that her delivery could be dangerous if it's a very big baby? I thought that myself. I imagine she might end up having a C-Section. Her tiny frame might find it difficult to deal with a pregnancy and I imagine it would be nigh impossible to hide it on-screen so I think the pregnancy would have to be written into the show.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Do you mean that her delivery could be dangerous if it's a very big baby? I thought that myself. I imagine she might end up having a C-Section. Her tiny frame might find it difficult to deal with a pregnancy and I imagine it would be nigh impossible to hide it on-screen so I think the pregnancy would have to be written into the show.

My daughter is under 7 stone , just over 5 foot and her husband is about 6ft 3 in. It's her natural weight, she eats nearly as much as him. The doctors weren't at all worried about her. Anyway she had a perfectly normal delivery, one day over her due date , baby weighed 8lbs 7 ozs so there is no reason way Hayden can't have a normal pregnancy and delivery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    My daughter is under 7 stone , just over 5 foot and her husband is about 6ft 3 in. It's her natural weight, she eats nearly as much as him. The doctors weren't at all worried about her. Anyway she had a perfectly normal delivery, one day over her due date , baby weighed 8lbs 7 ozs so there is no reason way Hayden can't have a normal pregnancy and delivery.

I am very pleased to hear of the happy outcome for your daughter. Isn't the human body a wonderful piece of kit:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »

That's good to hear and I hope it works out as well for Hayden :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    "You're not fired"

Hayden at her best, for the final episode of the season.

Don't want to see Deacon & Rayna together.:o
    Did like Gunnar, Avery & my Zoey back together again.:cool:
    And Layla's face, when hubby said he was Gay....:o - I'm guessing no camera's.
    explo wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing about the finale was not seeing Scarlett on a bus heading out of town.
    She tells everyone she is leaving - then doesn't.>:(