Attack the Block is on .......

ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
Forum Member
✭✭✭
channel 4 on Sunday 24th June 10pm

If you haven't seen it then watch it , and if you have seen it then watch it again :D:D

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather eat my own head :)
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent British film that should be applauded for not being about corsets, Mr D'arcy or starring Judith Dench.

Funny in parts and excitingly tense with great suspense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't, and won't, watch a film that wants me to root for chavvy yobbos. The trailer was bad enough.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a glowing recommendation :D
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't, and won't, watch a film that wants me to root for chavvy yobbos. The trailer was bad enough.

News Flash!!!!!

It's a make-believe film ;)
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll watch it, a decision based purely on my fond memories of The Adam & Joe Show.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That made me burst out laughing ! :D
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    My problem with this film is that the 'heroes' are first seen in the film mugging a defenceless woman and threatening her with a knife - sorry but I am never going to come round and cheer on these sort of characters, and I know a fair few other people who have seen the film who think the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    My problem with this film is that the 'heroes' are first seen in the film mugging a defenceless woman and threatening her with a knife - sorry but I am never going to come round and cheer on these sort of characters, and I know a fair few other people who have seen the film who think the same.

There are many 'Anti Heroes ' in many films . I bet you have rooted for some of them , you just choose not to accept these ( bit Daily Mail ish :eek::p:D) .
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are anti-heros, and the film never excuses what they have done.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    Excellent British film that should be applauded for not being about corsets, Mr D'arcy or starring Judith Dench.
    But it is part of an emerging new wave of British films featuring minority 'yoof' characters from poor backgrounds who find a meaning and purpose for their lives by finally standing up and doing the 'right thing' when all their lives they have done the bad thing and been thought as bad by society, their family, etc.

The worst thing about these films is that for the adverts, we have to have shots of 'yoof' in their local cinema gushing about how great it is to the camera in an effort to make you go see it. A sure sign the film is absolute garbage. (Also See: Ill Manors)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    God forbid you should watch a film that challenges your perception of the world!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God forbid you should watch a film that challenges your perception of the world!

Isn't this a film about chavs vs. aliens?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter Morgan is an anti-hero you can root for because even though he's a serial killer, he has some redeeming qualities and a "human" side.

The "heroes" in this film are utterly unrelatable - obviously IMO - because they have all the qualities of your garden variety chav.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter Morgan is an anti-hero you can root for because even though he's a serial killer, he has some redeeming qualities and a "human" side.

The "heroes" in this film are utterly unrelatable - obviously IMO - because they have all the qualities of your garden variety chav.

I wouldn't root for Dexter or this crappy film: both are just unpleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »

I was referring to some other posters' reluctance to even watch this film because they don't want to 'root for the chavs'.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it! :D:D
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No no. It's a film about regret and redemption. It's a film that highlights the disenfranchisement of todays underclass and their hopeless despair as to where their lives are heading. It's a film about the struggle to rise above todays gang culture and carve something positive in the lives of these young men.

Oh, alright. It's chavs v aliens :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,690
    Forum Member
    It's enjoyable enough, but I was rooting for the aliens throughout. I wanted them to eat the faces off all the little shits and puke down their necks.

Regards

Mark
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    It's enjoyable enough, but I was rooting for the aliens throughout. I wanted them to eat the faces off all the little shits and puke down their necks.

Regards

Mark

LOL love the way you write that then finish it off with "regards":D
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the aliens win? If not I'll give it a miss....
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    No no. It's a film about regret and redemption. It's a film that highlights the disenfranchisement of todays underclass and their hopeless despair as to where their lives are heading. It's a film about the struggle to rise above todays gang culture and carve something positive in the lives of these young men.

Oh, alright. It's chavs v aliens :D

Agreed .

'Allow it ' :D
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay. I've been dying to see this for ages.

I read a interview with Danny DeVito the other day. Said it was his favourite film of the year.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it have fake-accented-Chav to English subtitles?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wanted to like and enjoy this film but frankly I've shit things more entertaining.