Bring back Nancy Nancy!

Miss PoppyMiss Poppy Posts: 1,217
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lots of us thought she was fab and can't understand why she's gone!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha loving this thread :D

I couldn't believe it when John tapped her on the shoulder :eek: I was not at all impressed.

At least she took it well and went off with a smile on her face.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was lurveeeely:(
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me she was the standout in both episodes. Obviously they have their winner and they don't want it challenging
  • sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    For me she was the standout in both episodes. Obviously they have their winner and they don't won't it challenging

Yep, think you've got a point there! She was the best...she even looked right for the part...what's the matter with them?!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Yep, think you've got a point there! She was the best...she even looked right for the part...what's the matter with them?!!!!

Yeah she just seemed to work perfectly for Nancy from what we were shown.

Why do I always choose my favourites *before* the finalists are chosen?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is about to star is Les Miserables as Eponine- so don't worry she has gone on to that west-end leading role!
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was my favourite too.

But, no matter how many times ALW says he's looking for 'raw talent' we all know he'll choose the stage-school darling like he did the last twice

(Sadly, it'll probably be DVO's mate who had a lot of tonight's show dedicated to her inability to sing and has already been in 'Rent')
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starryeyes wrote: »
    She is about to star is Les Miserables as Eponine- so don't worry she has gone on to that west-end leading role!

Good for her, if that's true.
    I hope she agreed to withdraw from IDA as she was clearly good enough to go through.
  • Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was my favourite aswell. IMO she really suited the part of Nancy
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    She was my favourite too.

But, no matter how many times ALW says he's looking for 'raw talent' we all know he'll choose the stage-school darling like he did the last twice

(Sadly, it'll probably be DVO's mate who had a lot of tonight's show dedicated to her inability to sing and has already been in 'Rent')

Really think this will go against Francesca.

It won't look good on ALW if another character from another West End production wins.
    I may sound hypocritical as I think Lee is/was fantastic but we don't need another support/co-star(?) to win just to get the musical advertised via a tv show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    She was the only one I took to. Her rendition of "he needs me" was the only one to give me goosebumps and she even had the right sort of accent. Bah.
    :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yes it is true Nancy Nancy will be starring in Les Mis.
    (I work with her mum so I know it is ) So pleased to hear you were all fans of Nancy and her mum is going to pass on all the nice comments that have been made.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catnippy wrote: »
    (I work with her mum so I know it is ) So pleased to hear you were all fans of Nancy and her mum is going to pass on all the nice comments that have been made.
    Please tell her we all feel she was robbed, but maybe every cloud has a silver lining! :) Les Mis is my favourite musical ever - I really wish I still lived in London sometimes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Good for her, if that's true.
    I hope she agreed to withdraw from IDA as she was clearly good enough to go through.

Yeah it's true :D!

I'm a big fan of Never Forget (Nancy played the female lead in the last tour of it!) and we have a forum for it and Nancy came by to tell us the good news a couple of days ago :D!

So pleased for her!

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I will certainly pass on everyone's feelings about her to Nancy Nancy's mum. She is actually quite ok about the whole thing, especially as she now has the Les Mis job. I think we are more upset on her behalf!
  • GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe it when I saw John Barrowman tap her on the shoulder. I really liked her and thought that she suited it well. However, perhaps they want someone who develops over the 12 weeks into Nancy ( I won't use the journey word!! ) and not someone who, with a few voice lessons could actually be Nancy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really glad she is going to be in Les Mis :D

Still it shows it was an odd decision that she didnt even make the top 18. Something weird going on there. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Les Mis is a really good thing for her to do. Its weird because when i heard her sing tonight i turned round to my mum and said i could imagine her in Les mis more than oliver. and eponine is an amazing part... good for her!

theres always one person every year that you're shocked doesnt go through....
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catnippy wrote: »

Please tell Nancy Nancy's Mum what she will know already - her daughter is FANTASTIC! Like so many others, I couldn't believe it when John Barrowman tapped her on the shoulder. I'm a big softie, I know, but her singing last week reduced me to tears - and it did again when I watched the clip of her singing on the BBC website.

But every cloud.. silver lining, blah, blah - the role of Eponine will suit her even better. I think a return visit to Les Mis is on the cards for me, as she will be great in it.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were stunned she was knocked out. We had her picked out as the winner. Seems to me they are very keen on Cleopatra, setting up the whole storyline of it coming down to her and one other girl, of her having to sing again, etc. Can't say I think she is the best by any means.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that is good news she has a part in les mis but the judges lost all credibility with me when they they tapped her on the shoulder

last week at Alvar's place, when we saw her perfom, we all said, clear winner as we were all blown away by her performance

goose bumps and everything

she was awesome and should not have been let go

that decision made a mockery of the whole bloody show IMO

please pass these comments on Catnippy
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It won't look good on ALW if another character from another West End production wins.
    I may sound hypocritical as I think Lee is/was fantastic but we don't need another support/co-star(?) to win just to get the musical advertised via a tv show.

Fingers crossed that we don't get another Lee Mead.

Hope we don't get another Connie Fisher either. Bleurgh!
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody suited to Eponine is not right for Nancy in a million years. I missed the first show but what I saw of Nancy last night didn't impress me at all - not for that particular role anyway.

I will admit she wasn't featured enough for me to make a real decision but I didn't think she was a stand-out performer at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I agree, she was far & away the best there. Others I loved also went out. It does look like a stitch-up to me, sadly.
  • bluejoolsbluejools Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im a massive fan of nancy nancy,to me she was the only girl fit to fill shani wallis shoes.im delighted someone saw her amazing talent where those muppets didnt!:rolleyes: