Confirmed at secret gig- no sing off this weekend

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
@mirrorjeffers: X Factor just confirmed no sing off in the semis, the act with lowest vote goes home.

Comments

• Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I did wonder if they'd keep it as it would be the only they could ditch Maloney pre-final (if he ended up in the bottom two of course which isn't guaranteed).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I did wonder if they'd keep it as it would be the only they could ditch Maloney pre-final (if he ended up in the bottom two of course which isn't guaranteed).

More evidence in support of the theory that they actually don't want rid of Chris Maloney after all. He is the only one the media are interested in (regardless of the fact that their coverage is negative) and is perhaps making them a fortune in votes (both for Chris and possibly against)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's Baloney safe then. Bye, Union J.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't this help the big M? If he was second lowest on the votes and in the sing off then the judges would follow Syco orders and get rid of him. If he's second bottom now, he's in the final?

(Although he's apparently won every week so far anyway - not sure how!)
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

Not necessarily, I think UJ have a bigger chance of being safe now. James is at risk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    lawsj123 wrote: »
    @mirrorjeffers: X Factor just confirmed no sing off in the semis, the act with lowest vote goes home.

I prefer it this way, I'm actually one of the few who enjoy deadlock as I feel its the fairest way. Fans can't really blame anyone but themselves then when their fave goes in this situation.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    int'resting.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Not necessarily, I think UJ have a bigger chance of being safe now. James is at risk.
    James will be fine Union J have been bottom 2 3 times now so they obviously don't have as big as a fanbase as the other 3 .
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until they find that Union J is actually bottom and announce a last minute sing off in order to eliminate Chris. You know it's going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Baloney is probably so far ahead in the voting that they don't even wanna bother trying to get rid of him via the sing-off
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

Yep - under Cowell's reasoning they should be gone for " obviously not connecting with the public"

Pretty convinced these walking haircuts have been polling very low since week 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    They also said this in 2010 and look what happened then.

Wouldn't trust them at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (..he's apparently won every week so far anyway - not sure how!)

By getting more votes than any of the others.:D
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I think UJ are more safe this way than with a SO - they could potentially get a vote bump to reach the final ahead of James

Hopefully itll be Chris though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buh bye Union J
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsmartz wrote: »
    By getting more votes than any of the others.:D

Yes, but I, too, am not sure how he's getting the votes. Of course you are correct he's getting more votes and I agree with your inane smilie grin. It is inane how he's getting the votes. Maybe there's something in the water? :eek:
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless of course the person with the least votes is James or Jahmene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Yes, but I, too, am not sure how he's getting the votes. Of course you are correct he's getting more votes and I agree with your inane smilie grin. It is inane how he's getting the votes. Maybe there's something in the water? :eek:

Maybe many people feel, as I do, that the talent is poor but that Chris is the best of a duff bunch. He is the most accomplished singer (in a very ropey field), works hard and has dealt admirably with outrageous abuse. In the absence of outstanding talent, he's well worthy of votes and of winning the competition, though I don't think he will win it.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe many people feel, as I do, that the talent is poor but that Chris is the best of a duff bunch. He is the most accomplished singer (in a very ropey field), works hard and has dealt admirably with outrageous abuse. In the absence of outstanding talent, he's well worthy of votes and of winning the competition, though I don't think he will win it.

I agree with you, Christopher DOES deserve to win the competition.

Although possibly not in the same way as you're intending.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »

Agreed but will be better for him if he doesn't win
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and hes the poorest of them all
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will do whatever they want at any time to get what they want and can legally get away with it.

It's more corrupt than an election in Nigeria!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they see no point in a sing off as they will know the voting figures and may understand that they have no chance of getting rid of Chris. So they are just going to leave the rest up to the GBP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I really think it depends who pulls it out of the bag on Saturday... I do think UJ and James are at risk though.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Union J will most likely get the rebound vote. That's usually what pushes other acts into the bottom 2/out of the competition. E.g, UJ were in the B2 in week 6, afterwards they must have gotten the rebound vote hence the reason James and Ella ended up in the B2.