Castle - Season 5 (*US* Pace, Spoilers)

Comments

• Cuty PieCuty Pie Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    But do you watch it because of the story, the clever dialogue, Nathan Fillion or STANA? The suggestion here is that we'll be seeing less of her. If that's the case I hope you are wrong :(:(:(

Nathan has shown his frustration with the long hours they have to work (14 hours some days) and I think I read somewhere that they were increasing the cast to spread the workload which means less of the two lead characters.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuty Pie wrote: »
    Nathan has shown his frustration with the long hours they have to work (14 hours some days) and I think I read somewhere that they were increasing the cast to spread the workload which means less of the two lead characters.

Nathan has 2 years left on his contract. I read not too long ago that he's pretty happy working on the show but would like to do big films. So it's very possible that the show will end after season 7.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Nathan has 2 years left on his contract. I read not too long ago that he's pretty happy working on the show but would like to do big films. So it's very possible that the show will end after season 7.

Like most US shows the actors are contracted for 7 seasons and can in most cases be forced to work that period if the studio wants them to.

For successful shows the studio then has the choice of paying the leads a bucketful of cash as with CSI or NCIS say, replace them or cancel the show. With Castle I expect the show to end as the leads will want to do other things and the ratings are no longer high enough to justify giving them massive pay rises.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Castle but I am still on Season 3 however does Martha ever scenes with other characters other than her Son & Grandaughter?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »

As long as one of those "big films" was another Firefly movie I'd be very happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a little disappointed to learn that Castle is not filmed in New York City at all but entirely on studio stages in Los Angeles.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I was a little disappointed to learn that Castle is not filmed in New York City at all but entirely on studio stages in Los Angeles.

Almost all shows based in NY are filmed in LA

Friends was all in a LA studio, CSI:NY was filmed in LA aside from a few on Location pieces a few times a season

Not many shows are actually filmed in the City they are set in

Blue Bloods is one of the few shows I know that is shot almost entirely on Location in NYC
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should imagine the logistics of getting streets closed down in New York for them to be able to shoot scenes would be far too expensive and quite hard to do - if at all possible for tv shows to do on a regular basis.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Oops!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Collar is filmed in New York and Damages was too.
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Almost all shows based in NY are filmed in LA

Friends was all in a LA studio, CSI:NY was filmed in LA aside from a few on Location pieces a few times a season

Not many shows are actually filmed in the City they are set in

Blue Bloods is one of the few shows I know that is shot almost entirely on Location in NYC

The only major show which films in NY is the Law & Order franchise as went round their studios when on holiday in NY a few years ago. They are in Manhattan down towards where the ferries go from.

As lee says all the CSI franchise interiors and many exteriors are filmed on LA sound stages and in the areas around LA. When they do to a house in a residential area in the Miami or Vegas shows it is a house outside LA. The actors get a month or so filming exteriors in the city their show is set in, so Vegas strip, Miami beach or Manhattan.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have not been on DS for years.

But due to recent illness I have got seriously, with a capital s into Castle (is that a Beckettism, as I call them, see s5 episode 22, Still, the flashback to all the inappropriate things she says)

I digress, as I usually do. Got into Castle free on my BT Vision package with the box set series 1 to 4. But with that cliffhanger how could I not get series 5 immediately on iTunes, as said previously, best £35.00 spent in a long time.

Just commenting on a few points, I hate with a near psychotic passion, flashback episodes, not Castle episode 22, Still. But I really really hate programmes that have a scene then flashback to ' 36 hours earlier ' or whatever, but again not with Castle, series 4 finale, dead good, and series 3 double header worked as well, Pretty good cliffhanger there as well.

If anyone is looking for spoilers for series six, YouTube has a new trailer from ABC on it, for those of us who can't find an easier way to find out these things. Just try and steer through all the German fan made stuff.

a couple of questions.

when will series 6 series pass become available on iTunes? I mean as some one who has so far bought 4 series of Castle, missed out series 2 for some reason up to now. The box set disappears BT Vision on Sunday, will I get an email or will it be advertised in the usual iTunes way? And just how soon after the US airing does this become available?

Secondly, and more importantly, just how on earth will I cope with having to wait a whole week or longer for the next episode, I mean I have never been that big a fan of this box set marathon concept of viewing programmes, but Castle has been a pleasure to just load the next episode when one has finished after one has finished, especially with the 'will they, wont they' nature of the programme, and even have your self a pick your favourite episodes marathon has been another new wonderful experience for me. I may never watch normal telly again.

Help please.
    Forum Member
    When did Castle go on iTunes this year as I would have though similar timing.
    The TV rights are still with Alibi and thy will almost certainly follow this year so make us wait until March 2014. Would be surprised if Alibi bought rights allowing the show to be shown on iTunes first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    When did Castle go on iTunes this year as I would have though similar timing.
    The TV rights are still with Alibi and thy will almost certainly follow this year so make us wait until March 2014. Would be surprised if Alibi bought rights allowing the show to be shown on iTunes first.

iTunes suggests series 5 was released ASAP and White Collar worked that way.

Please don' tell me I will have to wait MONTHS for series 6
    Forum Member
    Like Hamlet77 I think you could say I have OCD (Obsessive Castle Disorder) since finding it on Channel 5 in the spring of 2012 then being frustrated by the sudden disappearance part way through series 2. My frustrations turned to delight when I discovered it was on Alibi 5 days a week. I've now seen the entire 105 episodes, most more than once. Alibi are starting the whole saga again from Episode 1 starting 2nd September at 11am and 5pm. If you have BT Vision on Fibre you can now get Alibi as part of the Extra Channels package.

I found iTunes made the latest episode of seasons 4 and 5 available in the UK at the same time as they aired on ABC in the States and there is no reason to believe things will be different for the forthcoming season.

Seasons 1 to 4 were also available on LoveFilm Instant so if you have missed any episodes you might still find them there.

Episode 1 of Season 6 has been released to critics and has received very good reviews. You can find some of them herehttp://12thprecinct.blogspot.co.uk/ which is a very good source for all Castle news in general.

Twitter too has many Castle Fans and all the main stars tweet from time to time, Nathan frequently, Stana less so. Its worth setting up an account to follow them even if you don't tweet yourself. Some of the crew also tweet and they are well worth following if you are interested in what goes on BTS.

Someone here also asked about locations. Much of Episode 1x01 was filmed in New York but additional interior scenes were later shot in LA. You can find a list of many of the locations at this Site: http://castlefans.org/wiki/index.php?title=Filming_locations#Season_1
    Including the "Hamptons" house used in 5x04 which is in Malibu and recently sold for $10.2 Million!

The series is shot at Raleigh Studios, Melrose Avenue which is opposite Paramount Studios where some of the exterior street scenes are shot. The have a back lot of New York streets which have been used in many films. Castle also uses a similar lot at Universal. Much of downtown LA is very similar architecturally to New York so it is not difficult to recreate the look of NY.

Raleigh Studios was called Zenith Studios in episode 3x22 "To Love and Die in LA" and gives glimpses of how the show is made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1gBgwOx6c

You Tube also has a number of other episodes with commentaries which are very interesting.

Roll on Sept 23rd!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found iTunes made the latest episode of seasons 4 and 5 available in the UK at the same time as they aired on ABC in the States and there is no reason to believe things will be different for the forthcoming season.rd!

Thank heavens for that, there do seem to be quite a few tv programmes that get the ASAP release on iTunes, and I just hoped Castle series 6 was one of them
    Forum Member
    This link might help:

http://castletv.net/castle-season-6-on-itunes-pre-order/

Good site in general for Castle info and background
    Forum Member
    The previous post would have made more sense if I had made it clear that it relates to iTunes.

The Season 4 DVD only became available in the UK on Amazon in March 2013 at the same time as Alibi started showing Season 5 on TV. Amazon are listing the Season 5 DVD as available from 11th November 2013 and is available for pre-order now. A big improvement.:D:D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castle-Season-DVD-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B00DSOOCT0/ref=sr_1_6?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1378204876&sr=1-6&keywords=castle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This link might help:

http://castletv.net/castle-season-6-on-itunes-pre-order/

Good site in general for Castle info and background

OMG, being a man, therefore NOT reading instructions properly, I clicked on the link, and of course was politely told to s¥d of cos I am not from the good ol' US of A, tried changing settings to get round it, 'not ' appen bro', anyway I did then check the the blurb and it said maybe, if your really nice to us, or some such. Probably something to do with letting the yanks bomb Syria, anyway, there is a free 'on line episode in the US can you download it. Can you you heck............:confused:

What I want to know is, who the heck can I bully to get the full story on downloading series 6 ASAP, and will I have to resort to violence

Sorry to ramble but I am starting to get desperate, heck if I knew I could at least hibernate or incur a self inflicted coma till the due date when I can get it in the UK.

Have not yet ruled out emigration. Do you think I could get a decent place in time?
    Forum Member
    Just to p*** you off even further I plan to be in Washington DC on September 23rd & 30th so will see the first two episodes when they air for the first time. Odd that I was able to time my trip to coincide with the season premiere :D:D:D:D

Seriously though you should be able to get a UK iTunes pass on 24th September if they are consistent with previous years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to p*** you off even further I plan to be in Washington DC on September 23rd & 30th so will see the first two episodes when they air for the first time. Odd that I was able to time my trip to coincide with the season premiere :D:D:D:D

Seriously though you should be able to get a UK iTunes pass on 24th September if they are consistent with previous years.

Oh what a coincidence (what is it Caskett say about coincidences?););)

Actually I all ready have the 24th marked as D-Day.

If I am honest it has been for quite a while, it just returning to DS has scared the proverbial out of me. I have been under the impression that iTunes was THE place to get US shows ASAP, but as ever DS corrected my mistake and I started to panic and have been ever since. Now I am under some sort of obligation to my sister as she is just about to get in to series 5 on Apple TV, depending on how many episodes we get through tonight, I have told her cliffhanger between 4 and 5 just has to be done back to back.

Now for the ramble, this is just indicative of how c**p I am finding TV at the moment. I would rather watch something like Castle for the (sorry lost count) time than put up with the dross that is around, as for suggestion for such delights as Body of Proof, not really into it, though my sister is threatening to confiscate my iPad to get series 3, Breaking Bad, or any of the other excellent personal choices made on this board, just cannot tempt me away from another night three or four episodes of series 3,4 or 5 of Castle. Sad innit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And now Nathan has spent more time off from filming because of a 'bad back'.

Just how much of Rick Castle is going to appear on Castle this season? Or is he going to be able to whine about 18 hour shifts instead of 14 hour days, cos he has to catch up with his schedule?

BTW why is there not a countdown clock around somewhere, I really am getting desperate to see Valkyrie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »

Just how much of Rick Castle is going to appear on Castle this season?

He has? Oh :( Well I'm sure he'll still have plenty of screen time, I mean he is Castle!
    Forum Member
    BTW why is there not a countdown clock around somewhere, I really am getting desperate to see Valkyrie
    08-09-2013 11:49

Try the top right corner of this:http://castletv.net/

Like a lot of men in their 40s Nathan really does have a dodgy back. In this case he was not being difficult when he took the day off. He gave them prior warning that he was having a problem so they were able to reschedule and film scenes which would not have required his presence. Lets face it we all have to take occasional time off for illness, just because they are making TV shows does not make this any different. His Contract problem had been resolved before anyway.
    Forum Member
    Hilarious new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxiTGfr67M8

Time we started a season 6 thread I think