Options

Which 32" HD LCD???

Looking at buying the 32" Samsung:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=ELEC&title=860689&p=318&g=404&pa=genna

Anybody know much about the tele? Or of anyothers around this price. If not I may go for a 27",

Thanks in advance,

Lewis.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Just purchased a 32inch samsung lcd with full spec i.e.
    hdmi socket and digital tuner.
    Got tv from John Lewis Bluewater Kent.
    Shop price was £90 cheaper than online price and you get a 5 year guarantee on all there tvs
    We are very happy with the tv great pictures on digital tuner (analogue not so good)
    DVD through component excellent.
    would recomend this tv.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Have installed 2 * 32" and 3 * 26" Samsungs recently. Analogue is disappointing but the digital looks good. The curve at the bottom is a refreshing break from the rectangular flat edged norm. Well worth buying. Look at range in John Lewis where 5 year guarantee is good value. If u just want lowest price - take empire direct price to local independent and see if they'll match.... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Hi not sure about the Samsung; can tell you that early today I had a 32" Toshiba 32WL56P delivered after doing loads of reading up and seeing how many times it was one of the 'Best Buys' in mags like What Plasma & LCD.

They were spot on, it is absolutely brilliant, pics, sound, and has got the all important HDMI socket.

Got cheapest price via Kelkoo £819 inc. a full £200 cheaper than Currys etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Samsung is the one.
    I did a lot of research for three months before Xmas and eventually chose the winner of many awards- the Samsung LCD 32" with Freeview (LR41BD). It cost me £945 in Brenwtood. It is absolutely amazing - my family have never seen anything like it for reality and colour.
    On top of that, I connect my Sony DVD HD Recorder HX910 using the HDMI connections, which means perfect quality off the hard drive. There are soe many conenctions, it's amazing!
    The freeview tuner is faultless and the menus are slick.
    The downside, and it's not a big one, is that the sound is not as powerful as others, though the quality is very good, with simulated surround which makes you think things are actually behind you.
    Since we output our sound through a proper surround sound system for films and music, it doesn't matter. However, we do use the internal speakers for things like the news, east-enders and things like that where you don't need surround.
    We bought it Christmas Eve and it's lived up to all the brilliant reviews it's been getting.