Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they were looking for a song for four singers but that was a group song.

Although if Nigel/fuller wanna take jabs at X factor this would be the time. Unless they genuinely thought the song was best for the group.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Idol webcast? My lousy tv reception means I wont be able to see it.
    For the eighth week of the finals, there are two themes - Standards and Hit Songs Of 2013.

http://theidolpad.blogspot.com/2013/04/ai12-finals-week-8-themes.html

Good thing it wasnt on "One Hit Wonders" week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but it'll be uploaded on YouTube by idol after the show. So usually like after the west coast airing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    We’re more experienced now. We’ll have the same kind of sound as the last album but be a bit more adventurous and a bit more mature, with more vocals.

Well that's good to hear. I actually don't want them to change their sound to too R&B, I like the mixture of sounds they have on their current album, some poppy and current and some r&b and old school.

As for the Idol show, what's that? (have absolutely no idea :o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American Idol is the biggest talent show in the US. Kelly Clarkson was the first winner.

BTW Nooneoo I have room under my rock. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you remember pop idol in the uk?

American idol isn't getting the ratings it once did, but it's still a force.

Hey, how can the next album have more vocals? Was there a bunch of no vocal songs I missed on DNA??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was that one guy American Idol made really big in the US, what was his name? Simon something.

LJG27: I did wonder about that statement myself.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK people. I'm getting more annoyed by the "you cant say that" posts than the people being obtuse. If you dont want to read something someone says then there is that handy Ignore feature on your Control Panel. But please dont censor others. You cant control them. Modify your own behavior.

Just love that feature CV :cool: - Very handy, thanks:D:D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    This has just been tweeted (NOT SURE HOW TRUE IT IS)
    @idolspoilers

#idolspoilers Amber Holcomb, Angela Miller, Candice Glover, & Kree Harrison will be performing "Wings" by Little Mix, as a quartet

That's crazy! So happy, that means this week: American Idol. Next week: Glee. Little Mix really need to get to America ASAP so they can ride this wave. And Ryan Seacrest presents Idol, I want him to playlist Wings on KiiS after the Idol's performance :D.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's crazy! So happy, that means this week: American Idol. Next week: Glee. Little Mix really need to get to America ASAP so they can ride this wave. And Ryan Seacrest presents Idol, I want him to playlist Wings on KiiS after the Idol's performance :D.

It looks like the american label and management company are doing a better job than we thought. They managed to fill up the gap without the girls in the US with promo for the song still. Of course a couple of weeks promo in the US wasn't that long tbh, but considering they seem to want to promote Wings and the DNA album everywhere right now (because they probably want to release a new album by the end of the year?), they are doing what they can I suppose.
    I don't get the english festival thing in the summer, but it's probably prestigious and is for the original UK fans...

I don't think X factor acts spend that long in Europe to promote, 1D certainly comes and goes within 2-3 days (I think they even only stayed the day once) once every 6 months (if not longer). I don't know about Olly's promo patterns abroad...

It obviously takes longer in the US, with the issue of no national radio... I hope that the girls will go back to the US soon to visit some more radios and do some TV appearances (I read about Good Morning America here I think, it's a great promo slot!).
    But the Wanted had great TV appearances compared to 1D for example (Scooter Braun seems very well connected!), and it didn't help their singles and EP sales as much as expected I think (only 1 single was truly successfull). So it can be about the act connecting with the public as much as about the number of appearances.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Little Mix have explained that their recent headline tour of the UK has helped them decide on what type of music to record for their second studio album.

When 80% of the audience were 14 year old girls... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think album 2 is going to be very similar to album 1. I don't think there would be a major change at all. Just read a quote from Jade saying that they will keep the same uplifting songs like Wings/CYL (she also said this in the capital FM interview as well, I believe)......I was hoping that they were going to steer away from this and not keep singing how great we are. But then their fans are young ........

Give us more of RP GN DNA MH CC MYB.......I was hoping they do something different, like make a song named after them ......
    I will admit if it is the same as album 1, I will be disappointed
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I think album 2 is going to be very similar to album 1. I don't think there would be a major change at all. Just read a quote from Jade saying that they will keep the same uplifting songs like Wings/CYL (she also said this in the capital FM interview as well, I believe)......I was hoping that they were going to steer away from this and not keep singing how great we are. But then their fans are young ........

Give us more of RP GN DNA MH CC MYB.......I was hoping they do something different, like make a song named after them ......

So Will I :( I also hope they do a decent album cover this time as IMO the album one is the worst from the first era! Lol
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    When 80% of the audience were 14 year old girls... :rolleyes:

But the tour made them decide to have hyd as the 4th single as it got a great response so they know that the young fans don't just like pop but enjoy the r and b side too. Also, there is nothing wrong with uplifting lyrics if the song sounds good eg. tlc unpretty and destinys child survivor, Jessie j's songs too.
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with uplifting songs at all, I'd much rather have them than some generic oh how I love you or oh I'm breaking up with you songs. BUT, the lyrics have to be good and sophisticated otherwise it'll make the songs sound cheesy and childish. I still can't get over how ridiculous DNA's lyrics are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with uplifting songs at all, I'd much rather have them than some generic oh how I love you or oh I'm breaking up with you songs. BUT, the lyrics have to be good and sophisticated otherwise it'll make the songs sound cheesy and childish. I still can't get over how ridiculous DNA's lyrics are.

I know. I always skip that song on the album now :o
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    hyd is down to 17 im worried
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more worried that the new David Guetta song is in the top 5. So far as songs using a sample go it is absolute trash. Same for the Pitbull song thats also above LM. Garbage. But both songs selling well.

Just proves my theory really. People out there will like How Ya Doin, just won't be buying it because LM aren't cool. There is no way How Ya Doin is worse than them.

- tim
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade looks stunning with them Glasses on! Really suit her! http://t.co/l7zkjkQvhH

and Leigh's ass in those short shorts is Perfect :Dhttp://t.co/nBgcGQCsWU
    Forum Member
    I know. I always skip that song on the album now :o

Me too, that and TYF are the only two songs I skip when listen to the album.
    1992 wrote: »
    Jade looks stunning with them Glasses on! Really suit her! http://t.co/l7zkjkQvhH

How many pair of glasses does she have? She seems to be wearing a different one every time I see her wear one.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »

Same!

They're way too talented for songs like ABT etc. They won't expand to a wider audience with songs like that.
    I don't want no Disney style songs for the second album :/

And Trucker_Rob I agree with your comments, a lot of songs will become hits because of certain artists.
    Forum Member
    I don't get the hate for ABT :confused:. I've seen people calling it "cheesy" but personally I think the lyrics are well written (unlike Wings and WAWWA, that's what I would call "cheesy"), the melody is catchy and has a strong hook, the production is rich (I especially like the drums!), the vocals don't sound bad either. I guess people just don't like it because it sounds too disney?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess people just don't like it because it sounds too disney?

I think this is the main reason along with WAWWA and SS which sounds Disney...Like I said before, the production of ABT lets it down so much. (But then again I'm not a 14 year old girl no more, so it appeals to majority of their fans) Some people don't rate TYF, but I think a lot of people like it because it sounds mature....
This discussion has been closed.