Response from Act Against Bullying.

Comments

• Anthony212Anthony212 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    This response from the society is totally unacceptable. Please would somebody post that woman's email addy and I'll write to her today.
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caitlin_24 wrote:
    The more, the merrier in this case. I think we could make a difference in this case, unlike complaining to C4 or Endecash.

Sent mine Caitlin, will post up on here if and when they reply :)
  • trixiehobbittrixiehobbit Posts: 4,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: my goodness!

Jade sponsoring an anti-bullying campaign!

What next? Gary Glitter doing charity work for the NSPCC?!!

The worlds gone mad for money :mad:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was bullied very severely when I was younger, the result of which was that I had a nervous breakdown at 10 years old and tried to commit suicide, because of this I think AAB is a truly fantastic scheme and should be encouraged.

But they seem to be going against there core values and what they are attempting to change because in this case it’s Jade. What does this say to kids exactly, bullying is not excusable unless you have money and are ‘influential‘? I’m not saying this is what the people who run AAB feel, in fact I’m sure it’s not, but that is what is implied if they attempt to justify Jade’s behaviour whilst condemning the same type of behaviour in ‘ordinary’ people. Bullying is either okay, or it’s not, there are enough shades of grey in any circumstance of bullying without complicating the issue further.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad enough that an anti-bullying website should have Jade's face on it at all. It's enough to give little children nightmares for years.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowardly response from these guys.
    Shameful, in fact.
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony212 wrote:
    This response from the society is totally unacceptable. Please would somebody post that woman's email addy and I'll write to her today.

lbd@simla5.fsnet.co.uk ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony212 wrote:

This is the email address that you need to raise your concerns to:

info@actagainstbullying.com

lbd@simla5.fsnet.co.uk

Edit: or you could use the one in the previous post furnished by willywonker
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted a protest against the Goody woman being associated with AAB on their website .....

O
    :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Perhaps we should all email them and put our views across
    I've emailed them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caitlin_24 wrote:
    I emailed AAB today as Jade Goody is one of their sponsors (incredibly!)

'..to letting out the aggressive instincts we all have. While it is unforgivable it is perhaps understandable.'

This is outrageous. One, we don't ALL have agressive instincts. Two, 'whilst is is unforgivable it is perhaps understandable' makes no sense whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lbd@simla5.fsnet.co.uk

The charity can be contacted at the above address. Good luck guys.
  • PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I note that Act Against Bullying are a member of the Anti-Bullying Alliance.

I have emailed the ABA to ask their views on both Jade's behaviour, and on the Act Agaisnt Bullying statement.

Click Here to Email the ABA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I seriously suggest you ALL write to this organisation. Numbers count and they MUST make a statement rejecting Jade and her behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DebbieH wrote:
    I was bullied very severely when I was younger, the result of which was that I had a nervous breakdown at 10 years old and tried to commit suicide, because of this I think AAB is a truly fantastic scheme and should be encouraged.

But they seem to be going against there core values and what they are attempting to change because in this case it’s Jade. What does this say to kids exactly, bullying is not excusable unless you have money and are ‘influential‘? I’m not saying this is what the people who run AAB feel, in fact I’m sure it’s not, but that is what is implied if they attempt to justify Jade’s behaviour whilst condemning the same type of behaviour in ‘ordinary’ people. Bullying is either okay, or it’s not, there are enough shades of grey in any circumstance of bullying without complicating the issue further.

I agree that charities like AAB are essential for kids who are in the same terrible situation you were in at 10 years old. How truly sad your story is Debbie. You should write to AAB and tell them what you have shared with us. It might make a difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading the statement on the Act Against Bullying website I was compelled to point out a few issues that I feel to be of note.

Would an anti-racism organisation make excuses for one of their representatives that was occasionally racist?

Would an anti-violence to women organisation make excuses for one of their representatives that occasionally beat up their wife?

Out of all the people in the current Big Brother house, how many of them have been accused of bullying? What are their names?

Out of all the people in the current Big Brother house, how many of them represent Act Against Bullying? What are their names?

Its very easy for anyone to condemn bullying in words, even if their actions prove otherwise.

Act Against Bullying should reconsider the standing of their representatives based on their actions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    i have emailed the AAB telling them that they should be ashamed of themselves.

what a disgrace. :mad:
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at the website just out of curiosity to see what they were about as I'd never heard of them. What a fantastic organisation, if only they didn't have the ties with Jade. They have now put a link up to the statement re Jade on CBB. It's exactly the same as the email. All anyone will get in response is that statement, but hopefully it will encourage them to drop her like a tonne of bricks.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just emailed them.

I'm really disappointed by the lack of condemnation about Jade's bullying behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Act Against Bullying website

Last year 16 children were driven to suicide because of bullying. What they needed were role models who could display endurance self reliance compassion. "

.....and Jade is one of their chosen role models?
  • pettrapettra Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have emailed them outlining my disgust at their response and have posted a link to this thread.....
  • belfastchickbelfastchick Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i felt compelled to email AAB. I would use their website for information when delievering anti bullying sessions to the young people i work with and to date have found them extremely useful and beneficial.
    I in turn have handed out their website details to the young people so they can look up advice, my concern is that now with them watching BB and if they go to the website only for them to say its ok because of the situation!
    simply not good enough!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. seems that, according to this organisation, bullying is acceptable in certain circumstances .. :o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caitlin_24 wrote:
    I agree that charities like AAB are essential for kids who are in the same terrible situation you were in at 10 years old. How truly sad your story is Debbie. You should write to AAB and tell them what you have shared with us. It might make a difference.

Done it. ;):)