Options

Stephen Fry shocks by claiming women don't really like sex

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Oh well, Stephen would know wouldn't he? Best all listen to him now :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has bipolar disorder, which has been very well publicised, so I've no doubt he's getting professional help for that.

It's his attitudes towards female sexuality that need some adjusting.

He has an obvious dislike for women.
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Novaman wrote: »

Personally I don't think it's dislike of women, just a very skewed viewpoint on their attitudes to sex.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is it dislike? Maybe it's just ignorance. I'm assuming he's never had sex with a woman or been in a relationship with one??

Unfortunately, some gay men are like this. Some, despite protestations of loving women, can have some strange contempt for them. I'm not sure why, maybe they'd like all men to be gay so they can have their pickings of them all!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it dislike? Maybe it's just ignorance. I'm assuming he's never had sex with a woman or been in a relationship with one??

Unfortunately, some gay men are like this. Some, despite protestations of loving women, can have some strange contempt for them. I'm not sure why, maybe they'd like all men to be gay so they can have their pickings of them all!!

And yet so many women love gay men and being **** Hags :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's true, but it doesn't excuse what Fry's said.

Gay men are sexually non threatening, can always be relied on to tell you you're fabulous whilst genuinely meaning it, and leave you feeling good because of it.

Please don't use that god-awful phrase '**** hag' though. It's so demeaning dahling. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did say only 'some gay men' can be like this, not all of them. I have some lovely friends who genuinely adore women. One of them (whose been with women in the past) laughed out loud when he read Stephen's comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they'd like all men to be gay so they can have their pickings of them all!!

Nah I don't think it's that. They pretty much have their pickings already. If a man's drunk enough, he'll have sex with anything!

Doesn't change the fact that he's utterly wrong about women though.
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Just because women generally are more choosy, it doesn't mean they enjoy sex any less than gay men.

What Stephen is saying is that he enjoys indiscriminate sex whenever he feels the urge and that is easy to find in the gay world. He has deduced from this, that this is the pinacle of enjoyment.

He completely fails to understand that sexually pleasure comes in many different forms and most hetrosexual women are more than capable of deriving a huge amount of pleasure from sex, they just decide to get their pleasure a different way to him.

What an arse! He clearly didn't use his brain to come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because women generally are more choosy, it doesn't mean they enjoy sex any less than gay men.

What Stephen is saying is that he enjoys indiscriminate sex whenever he feels the urge and that is easy to find in the gay world. He has deduced from this, that this is the pinacle of enjoyment.

He completely fails to understand that sexually pleasure comes in many different forms and most hetrosexual women are more than capable of deriving a huge amount of pleasure from sex, they just decide to get their pleasure a different way to him.

What an arse! He clearly didn't use his brain to come to that conclusion.

I don't think he goes for the indiscriminate sex thing now though.

IIRC he was in a long term relationship and after it finished he took up with a young actor half his age who he's with now.

He's still a berk whoever he's with.
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    He's completely lost the plot since his Twitter flounce. Tedious man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike Hawke wrote: »

He had another today.

Won't last though, he loves the limelight too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, he was one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to the new Sherlock Holmes film! Oh well, I'm sure he'll charm us all again and we'll forgive him.
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    Do women really like sex though? I mean an ejaculation orgasm is very pleasurable to the male of the species, but females don't have anything similar, meaning the pleasure of sex is really just a male thing.
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    All men (or the vast majority) want sex, gay or straight. But do women? The problem for straight men is probably that females don't want much sex, which leaves them unable to get enough.

If you want sex three times a day, but your partner only wants it three times per month, then there is going to be a problem.

If you are a straight man and this is your experience then you really are doing something very wrong.

Women are capable of multiple orgasms and can carry on for far longer so can arguably gain far more pleasure from sex than a man can. (Having said that, it is all relative so I don't think there is any difference.)

Many women want sex more than their partner!
    Many women want better sex than their partner is cable to offer so seek their pleasure in other ways.

If women really don't like sex that much, why is there such a huge market for female sex toys?

If the women you are with do not want it as much as you, I would suggest that you don't blame them for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if women didn't like sex the human species would be extinct!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Mike Hawke wrote: »

Maybe he's tired of people descending on him like a school of pirahna everytime a newspaper misrepresents him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    Maybe he's tired of people descending on him like a school of pirahna everytime a newspaper misrepresents him.

For an intelligent man, he never seems to think before he opens his mouth.

Perhaps he should, then the piranhas wouldn't be biting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    If you are a straight man and this is your experience then you really are doing something very wrong.

Women are capable of multiple orgasms and can carry on for far longer so can arguably gain far more pleasure from sex than a man can. (Having said that, it is all relative so I don't think there is any difference.)

Many women want sex more than their partner!
    Many women want better sex than their partner is cable to offer so seek their pleasure in other ways.

If women really don't like sex that much, why is there such a huge market for female sex toys?

If the women you are with do not want it as much as you, I would suggest that you don't blame them for that.

What a load of swollox Fry's talking - but what would he know about the female libido, I ask you........

.......and OUCH to your last sentence, WP !!!! :p
  • Options
    Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    bye bye

It's said "less than 5 seconds ago" for about 15 minutes now, I can only conclude that THE GENIUS Sir Stephen Fry has managed to stop time. Is there anything the man can't do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _drak wrote: »

It's not the first time he's said it - time to talk about something you know about, Mr Fry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .......and thank goodness some women do love sex.

Straight men would be turning into blind werewolves otherwise!!!! :p:p:p
  • Options
    strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for heavens sake has this country been so dumbed down and mired down under the oppression of political correctness that people can no longer recognise a tongue in cheek interview.

Is it because the article didn't use Smilies to illustrate its true meaning....*sarcasm*

We used to be able understand irony and laugh at ourselves, now everything is taken completely out of context.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for heavens sake has this country been so dumbed down and mired down under the oppression of political correctness that people can no longer recognise a tongue in cheek interview.

Is it because the article didn't use Smilies to illustrate its true meaning....*sarcasm*

We used to be able understand irony and laugh at ourselves, now everything is taken completely out of context.

Hardly tongue in cheek. The guy that interviewed him said he seemed to totally believe in what he'd said.
    Paul Flynn, the journalist who spoke to Fry, said: "I thought it was quite an odd generalisation to make at the time, but he delivered it with certainty and it was clearly something he'd thought about."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/oct/31/stephen-fry-sex-women-relationships-attitude

Have you actually read the interview? A link to it was posted ^ in case you haven't.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member

Oh please, don't drag out the hackneyed "It's PC gone mad" argument, it's as bad as rampant political correctness, and the go-to response for anyone rightly criticised for ill-considered comments.

One again, the "taken out of context" excuse is trite and wearisome.
This discussion has been closed.