Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Still waiting for an actual spoiler . . . . :)
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Still waiting for an actual spoiler . . . . :)

Filming starts the week after next so spoilers/ruiners should start appearing soon.
    Forum Member
    outside wrote: »
    Filming starts the week after next so spoilers/ruiners should start appearing soon.

I know it sounds facile, but I would love a 'School Reunion' type story this year. It would be great for the Doctor to meet up with a face from Classic Who - but I don't think Moffat's that interested in revisiting, which I guess is fair enough.
    Forum Member
    I know it sounds facile, but I would love a 'School Reunion' type story this year. It would be great for the Doctor to meet up with a face from Classic Who - but I don't think Moffat's that interested in revisiting, which I guess is fair enough.

I don't think it's facile - I'd like to see a companion return, too. I think any story would inevitably end up being compared to "School Reunion", though, so it would have to be a fresh concept. With the standard of writing we get these days (although opinions may vary on that!), I'd like to think just about any old assistant could return and be successful. There have been rumours about Tegan returning since Moffat took charge but I'd like to see Polly because Big Finish have breathed new life into her. Steven, too.
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think just about any old assistant could return and be successful. There have been rumours about Tegan returning since Moffat took charge but I'd like to see Polly because Big Finish have breathed new life into her. Steven, too.

Tegan would be interesting, particularly if they followed up the Big Finish adventure The Gathering where
    Tegan was left dying from an alien brain tumour
    failing that, I'd love the Doctor to come face to face with angry warrior queen Peri once more. She certainly wouldn't give him the sort of happy reunion he got from Sarah Jane!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tegan would be interesting, particularly if they followed up the Big Finish adventure The Gathering where
    Tegan was left dying from an alien brain tumour
    failing that, I'd love the Doctor to come face to face with angry warrior queen Peri once more. She certainly wouldn't give him the sort of happy reunion he got from Sarah Jane!

Why are Big Finish adventures so cruel to companions? :(

Peri - yes. But only if accompanied by the wonderful Yrcanos.:D
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

To be fair, there's probably more classic-Who references in Moffat's writing than we've seen before, it's just rarely front-and-centre.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Big Finish adventures so cruel to companions? :(

Because Nick Briggs is the producer, ergo the Daleks are winning and get to exterminate EVERYONE. Seriously, he'd exterminate The Doctor given half the chance. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Really ? I thought series 6 became more of the amy pond show
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then he’s about to say hello to someone very different – the Doctor is going to meet someone very new [in] the very last place he could ever have expected…
    A Kung-Fu lapdancer at Spearmint Rhino?

A man can dream, right?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems the shooting schedule is from 20th Feb (which we knew) till December (some time) according to Matt.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/video/2012/feb/13/doctor-who-matt-smith-interview-video

It also sounds like a well known actor has been cast for one of the early episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully with his boyfriend too, this time.

Husband.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ace was gonna appear in SJA so hopefully she can be brought into Who instead! It's such a huge shame that Lis Sladen passed away as I had this image of Sarah rounding up all the still-living companions for the 50th anniversary story. It could still happen, of course, but without the Brig and Sarah Jane it wouldn't feel complete....
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, there's probably more classic-Who references in Moffat's writing than we've seen before, it's just rarely front-and-centre.

Late to the party but I agree, Moffat has given us an abundance of Classic Who material in the past two series.
    Forum Member
    Ace was gonna appear in SJA so hopefully she can be brought into Who instead! It's such a huge shame that Lis Sladen passed away as I had this image of Sarah rounding up all the still-living companions for the 50th anniversary story. It could still happen, of course, but without the Brig and Sarah Jane it wouldn't feel complete....
    I hadn't heard about this - any more information?
  • bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this talk of a 'big' star having signed up for one of the early episodes in Series 7 is very interesting indeed...

Big British or Big American star I wonder?

Just the sake of it I would love Sigourney Weaver to appear in Who in the not to distant future - maybe a base commander or something like that! :D::D

I remember when she was on the Graham Norton show a while back she said she was in the UK a lot more often now, I just hope that includes a visit to the Who studios! :)

(And since Upstairs Downstairs is filmed reasonably near by Who, Keeley Hawes HAS to be in DW at some point.)

But aside from wishful thinking, in Moff I trust! :D
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the episode Stephen Fry was writing ? I know it was delayed/cancelled for budgetery reasons but is there any reason it can't be reserected ?

It's right up there with things Stephen Fry said he would do but never got around to doing, I believe "Write an Episode of Doctor Who" is just under "Make guest appearance on House M.D." :D
    Forum Member
    I hadn't heard about this - any more information?

Sophie Aldred mentioned in a recent video interview for Minister of Chance that RTD had planned an appearance for Ace in SJA. It's been a few weeks since I watched it (it's a 40-odd minute long chat between Sophie & Sylvester) but I think Ace was coming out of a big flash car and... that's all I remember. Not sure if it was a cameo or a full appearance.
    Forum Member
    True or false? Dunno.
    The new companion is not from Earth.
    Amy dies.
    Daleks in the first episode.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    bbll22 wrote: »
    All this talk of a 'big' star having signed up for one of the early episodes in Series 7 is very interesting indeed...

Big British or Big American star I wonder?

Just the sake of it I would love Sigourney Weaver to appear in Who in the not to distant future - maybe a base commander or something like that! :D::D

I remember when she was on the Graham Norton show a while back she said she was in the UK a lot more often now, I just hope that includes a visit to the Who studios! :)

(And since Upstairs Downstairs is filmed reasonably near by Who, Keeley Hawes HAS to be in DW at some point.)

But aside from wishful thinking, in Moff I trust! :D

That would be awesome (fanboy dream). As long as they don't do Ripley mark II. I actually think Sigourney might be up for it, she seems a more approachable Hollywood star.
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Late to the party but I agree, Moffat has given us an abundance of Classic Who material in the past two series.

I agree. He comes across as wanting to honour the traditions that RTD did. Certainly in how we has written The Doctor, and the overall feel of the show.

As for a returning classic series companion, I'd love it if The Doctor turned up on a remote planet and ran into someone like Tegan, who has no idea how she got there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    If it is being filmed in Australia there should be a koala in it and also a boomerang.:D

"Yes, I wear a hat with corks. Hat's with corks are cool"
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    I agree. He comes across as wanting to honour the traditions that RTD did. Certainly in how we has written The Doctor, and the overall feel of the show.

As for a returning classic series companion, I'd love it if The Doctor turned up on a remote planet and ran into someone like Tegan, who has no idea how she got there.

Oops I didn't mean Moffat wants to honour RTD traditions, I meant Moffat seems to want to honour DW traditions more than RTD did.
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Oops I didn't mean Moffat wants to honour RTD traditions, I meant Moffat seems to want to honour DW traditions more than RTD did.

Which DW traditions do you mean?
    Forum Member
    Which DW traditions do you mean?

As I said in a previous post, not so much references to the past (though there were lots of clips of previous Doctors in series 5), but for me it was the overall feel and story structure that felt more traditional. I'm not saying everyone feels that way, but it certainly came across that way to me.
This discussion has been closed.