The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Probably have a higher strength stat.

It was a pain but was quite easy, I fell off my bike 3 times and still won.

Me too I went arse over tit over a fence :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, this is pretty awesome. Perhaps the best opening to a game ever?! I don't remember ever picking up a game for everything to then come so naturally.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished the story mode and went for option A because that's what i would've done in real life. Now i want to start again from scratch and go for option C.

Damn fine game but tbh i feel i missed 50% by focusing on the story. Feel i owe it to myself to play again and cover every inch of that map to discover what is out there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    Finished the story mode and went for option A because that's what i would've done in real life. Now i want to start again from scratch and go for option C.

Damn fine game but tbh i feel i missed 50% by focusing on the story. Feel i owe it to myself to play again and cover every inch of that map to discover what is out there.

Did option A. Played 2nd time round and warmed to Trevor more and went for option C. A much more appropriate ending.
  • Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy GTA online day everyone!

If anyone is wondering what time it'll be going live, Rockstar are saying 7am Eastern Time, which will be 12pm for us in the UK. I hate that I'm in work tonight :(
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Anyone ever found/recovered a car after it vanished?

I bought Michael the Dodge Challenger/Chevy Camero hybrid after Jimmy stole his main vehicle and tricked it out with plenty of upgrades, but of course I made the mistake of doing a mission.

It's not at the house, Michael's garage, on the street or in the impound lot - I know this is a known problem with the game, but I was wondering if anyone had ever got their "vanished" car back?

As it stands I can't see the point of spending money on anything other than the odd upgrade for your game allocated vehicles, because there is no guarantee that any other vehicle will stick around from one moment to the next.

I'm just glad I "only" bought the Gauntlet rather than blowing my cash on a supercar and having that disappear on me. :(

I really hope this gets patched quicky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    Happy GTA online day everyone!

If anyone is wondering what time it'll be going live, Rockstar are saying 7am Eastern Time, which will be 12pm for us in the UK. I hate that I'm in work tonight :(

Online now lol
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the mission with Trevor where the merryweather plane crashes into the lake, can you still retrieve its content afterwards? If so how would that be done?
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't you do all the extra stuff on the map after you've done the story mode anyway??
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Can't you do all the extra stuff on the map after you've done the story mode anyway??

Depends
    on who survives...
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tootall180 wrote: »
    Online now lol

How is that funny?
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    How is that funny?

Because i was online and doing was happening.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Encountered something of an issue playing today. I've completed the game but I'm doing another run through from the start.

I've got as far as the heist on the jewelry shop but...
    the first time through I selected "loud" and finished that just fine. This run through I selected the other option just to see how that played through and during the mission I was playing as Franklin throwing the gas canisters on the roof into the aircon. For some reason none of them triggered a successful throw and the mission ended as I had no cannisters left.

I selected to try the mission again from the last checkpoint but Franklin was carrying no gas cannisters, so I had to fire into the air to alert the cops and trigger an end. This time I selected to rerun the whole mission again but he still wasn't carrying any gas cannisters. I ended up having to alert the cops three times and skipping the mission in order to progress.

How do you go back and get more gas cannisters as they were obtained in a previous mission?

I was playing before the patch was downloaded so I wonder if it has been fixed along with (I presume) the car storing glitch.

Has anyone had this same issue? If so, how did you proceed?

And apologies if this scenario has already been described in this thread - I did search for a few key words but found nothing.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Encountered something of an issue playing today. I've completed the game but I'm doing another run through from the start.

I've got as far as the heist on the jewelry shop but...
    the first time through I selected "loud" and finished that just fine. This run through I selected the other option just to see how that played through and during the mission I was playing as Franklin throwing the gas canisters on the roof into the aircon. For some reason none of them triggered a successful throw and the mission ended as I had no cannisters left.

I selected to try the mission again from the last checkpoint but Franklin was carrying no gas cannisters, so I had to fire into the air to alert the cops and trigger an end. This time I selected to rerun the whole mission again but he still wasn't carrying any gas cannisters. I ended up having to alert the cops three times and skipping the mission in order to progress.

How do you go back and get more gas cannisters as they were obtained in a previous mission?

I was playing before the patch was downloaded so I wonder if it has been fixed along with (I presume) the car storing glitch.

Has anyone had this same issue? If so, how did you proceed?

And apologies if this scenario has already been described in this thread - I did search for a few key words but found nothing.

Stupid/obvious question:
    Are you equippng the gas from the inventory. If you are carrying more than one thrown item you may need to switch.
    The gas should automatically replenish when you fail.
    Getting that throw right is a pain in the arse. I failed first time as it just kept hitting the edge or overshooting.

The car glitch is still there but only at Franklins place in the hills for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I had to download something today that was 39 mb before I could play the game, was that a patch to fix the bugs in the game or just something to do with online???
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got disc 2 installed on the USB drive earlier and the difference in noise level is like night and day. no noticeable problems with graphics or anything either. looking forward to getting properly stuck in to this now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what do i have to do to get into flight school, everytime i try to they shoot me and the cops turn up ?
    Forum Member
    Flight School is up the steps just before the main airport gates as shown by the plane symbol on the map.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »

Depends on which option you go for. By going for option A I effectively lost any any missions relating to that character. Something I didn't consider until afterwards.

I've tried to connect to GTA on-line twice with no luck. Am I alone?
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Stupid/obvious question:
    Are you equippng the gas from the inventory. If you are carrying more than one thrown item you may need to switch.
    The gas should automatically replenish when you fail.
    Getting that throw right is a pain in the arse. I failed first time as it just kept hitting the edge or overshooting.

The car glitch is still there but only at Franklins place in the hills for me.

Hmmm, not sure.
    When I used up all the gas cannisters, all it showed I was carrying were I think the pistol, shotgun and a petrol can. You could be right, but from what would I refil the gas canisters? Was the fact I was carrying a petrol can "hiding" the location of the empty gas canisters?
    Depends on which option you go for. By going for option A I effectively lost any any missions relating to that character. Something I didn't consider until afterwards.

Yes, I did the same, which is why I'm going through it again. And being more careful about some financial options I wasn't aware of during the first run which should help me out later in the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tootall180 wrote: »
    Flight School is up the steps just before the main airport gates as shown by the plane symbol on the map.

• deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I encountered my first heist last night (the one where you have to steal a bug van and then steal the gas from a second van) however, its seriously frustrating....:mad:

I've managed the first part (to steal the bug van) however trying to steal the gas out of the back of the gas van is nigh on impossible!!

The pop up message tells you to either destroy the van or shoot the back doors of the van in order to access the gas inside however, even firing 3 or 4 shots into the back of the van starts the police coming after you and even just ramming the van until it stops - the guy jumps out and starts shooting at you, so I get into the van to steal it, and it again starts the police chasing you whilst you're in the van (there's no way you can outrun them in the van as its seriously slow!)!?!?

How the hell are you meant to complete this?! I rage quitted last night it was THAT frustrating.....!!!!!!:mad:
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    I encountered my first heist last night (the one where you have to steal a bug van and then steal the gas from a second van) however, its seriously frustrating....:mad:

I've managed the first part (to steal the bug van) however trying to steal the gas out of the back of the gas van is nigh on impossible!!

The pop up message tells you to either destroy the van or shoot the back doors of the van in order to access the gas inside however, even firing 3 or 4 shots into the back of the van starts the police coming after you and even just ramming the van until it stops - the guy jumps out and starts shooting at you, so I get into the van to steal it, and it again starts the police chasing you whilst you're in the van (there's no way you can outrun them in the van as its seriously slow!)!?!?

How the hell are you meant to complete this?! I rage quitted last night it was THAT frustrating.....!!!!!!:mad:

Stop trying to out-run the police, it's nigh-on impossible in that van, and it's not how the heat-system works in GTAV anyway.

By the time I got that van it had had two tyres shot out, but I evaded the cops not through speed but by cunning. You can't out-run the cops, but you can hide from them.

I found the easiest way to get the van was to get in front of it on the highway and take out the driver, but as soon as you shoot he'll try to evade you, it can be tricky, I never successfully shot the doors off.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop trying to out-run the police, it's nigh-on impossible in that van, and it's not how the heat-system works in GTAV anyway.

By the time I got that van it had had two tyres shot out, but I evaded the cops not through speed but by cunning. You can't out-run the cops, but you can hide from them.

Second this!

You can't outrun them - you have to avoid them using the radar until they lose track of you. Just keep watching out for patrol cars etc on the radar until your heat dies off.

Simples!
  • Paino1977Paino1977 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »

I literally stood in the middle of the highway waiting for the van to turn up, when I saw it coming, I stepped in front of the oncoming van and shot like crazy and killed the driver. It swerved to the side and crashed, I jumped in the van and disappeared up a little dirt track that led up a hill and waited there. 30 seconds later the cops called the pursuit off. Took about 1 minute from start to finish. Took me 3 attempts to realise I should try this though as pursuing the van, making it crash, then trying to get away was not working for me at all!