The Beyoncé Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest updates are:

* 2 Confirmed castings for dancers within the last 2 weeks.

* There was a video shooting last Saturday and Sunday. Jonas Akerlund and Melina were present, with Beyonce of course.

* Some people suggest something might happen on Saturday at the V-festival.

Everyone is still playing the waiting game, but the haircut gives us a hint of a new era. I'm really intrigued whether she'll keep the hair for the V-festival or put on a weave!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    The latest updates are:

* 2 Confirmed castings for dancers within the last 2 weeks.

* There was a video shooting last Saturday and Sunday. Jonas Akerlund and Melina were present, with Beyonce of course.

* Some people suggest something might happen on Saturday at the V-festival.

Everyone is still playing the waiting game, but the haircut gives us a hint of a new era. I'm really intrigued whether she'll keep the hair for the V-festival or put on a weave!

I think she'll put the weave in for V Festival. I'm guessing the short hair was to give her hair a break during the break in shows.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Hey it's been a while lol :)

About the hair, I think she's look nice with short hair, her face is stunning, but I prefer her with long hair. I just can't see her not swinging her weave about on stage lol. She took a few pics with fans at that video shoot and I prefer her hair that length than the pixie cut.

Regarding the music video I wonder if its definitely the start of a new era. Exciting to see what type of song it'll be, hard to tell. I just can't help feeling that she should've released her new album after Superbowl, she was everywhere and it would've maximised sales.

V Festival, it's meant to be televised isn't it? Hopefully we can see her full set. Looking forward to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody's posted in here for so long!!

My Revel DVD arrived the other day. I'm so disappointed. I think it's a terrible DVD. I know from watching You Tube clips of the concert that it was incredible. The stage and the production were amazing. However, the picture quality on the DVD is horrendous and she cut out Countdown. That's what I was looking forward to most. She also just shoved Love On Top onto the end while the credits rolled...that's one of the best songs from 4!!! She also cut out Resentment, If I Were A Boy, her cover of Ex Factor. Really dissapointed with this DVD.

Also, just moving onto the subject of the Mrs Carter Tour. It was absolutely perfect!! However, she needs to completely change the Setlist next time around. Flaws And All Needs to go. I really love Freakum Dress, but she's performed it 3 tours in a row now. She needs to get rid of it. I can't believe she didn't include Best Thing I Never Had and Countdown in the Setlist. She also needs to bring back Deja Vu and Sweet Dreams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me but i havent been "following Beyonce" really...i mean i delve in and out...and the apst day or so i have had a bit of a Bey-binge.

interchanging between IASF, 4 and Bday really...and i noticed the other day "grown woman" is getting teased/leaked...has ther been anything officially nanounced yet as to album number 5?

By the sound of it from searching it seems to be she has filmed a few videos back to back the past year to ensure in 2014 she has something bigger to support the album with...also she seems to have worked with a lot of writers and producers for the album too...we shall see.

I am just intrigued as i do feel we have yet to see the best of what she can fully do :)...and i really like "grown woman" too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgive me but i havent been "following Beyonce" really...i mean i delve in and out...and the apst day or so i have had a bit of a Bey-binge.

interchanging between IASF, 4 and Bday really...and i noticed the other day "grown woman" is getting teased/leaked...has ther been anything officially nanounced yet as to album number 5?

By the sound of it from searching it seems to be she has filmed a few videos back to back the past year to ensure in 2014 she has something bigger to support the album with...also she seems to have worked with a lot of writers and producers for the album too...we shall see.

I am just intrigued as i do feel we have yet to see the best of what she can fully do :)...and i really like "grown woman" too :)

Grown Woman won't be a single. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not even on the new album. The song was for the Pepsi campaign. Then she did Standing On The Sun for the H&M campaign and Rise Up for the animated film that she provided the voice to. She had obviously always planned to spend 2013 touring, so I think these three songs were just to keep her name out there and to support the campaigns/things she was promoting. Grown Woman proved extremely popular which I'm guessing she wasn't expecting. Because of this it looks like she's filmed a video for it. She usually films videos for the majority of her songs, even fi they're not singles. She would be silly to release Grown Woman as a single now anyway...she's performed it, ti's available online. It would be pointless. The tour finishes at the end of this year. I think she'll then sort out the Mrs Carter Tour dvd...end this whole era. Then I think she'll finish the album. I'd say it won't be released until summer 2014.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Hey guys it has been a while.

So got news today that she'll be touring again next year here in London. Wasn't expecting that, thought she'd be spending the whole time working on the album. Must say I'm really excited thought. I'm gonna twice, I regretted only going once so not gonna make the same mistake. Josh this may be your chance to see her, don't miss out ^_^ ;-)

What do you guys think of her song 'God Made You Beautiful'?. I think it's really nice. Wonder if it's any representation at all of the new album?

Really looking forward to what she's gonna be releasing, some record executive from Columbia records said it's gonna be 'monumental'. Got a feeling we're gonna get another 'Halo', especially after what Ryan Tedder said.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    so still in shock at this album release….

Beyonce - Beyonce

1. what are your fave tracks?
    2. what do you make of the album?
    3. what do you make of the style of release?
    4. what are your feeling about the videos?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce - BEYONCE is without a doubt the biggest surprise of 2013 in music for me...in that not only the launch/marketing is ingenius (how nobody knew is CRAZY!) but the material is without a doubt a landslide ahead of anything she has done on an album before IMO :)

I just lovethe influence and power behind the music on this album...she really is a "grown woman" and artist.....a visionary to have been able to really launch something a real "music event" and used in such a high profile...yeah i am in awe of it all.

Okay as for the music i adore how influenced and inspired the 14 songs i have heard snippets of are on itunes...only 1 and a half mins but enough to hear the direction she has gone in and oh boy i am so so in awe of it too...i love the allusions to her heroes...there are Madonna vibes (Haunting is so slick in both audio and visuals too! very Justify My Love meets Erotica meets Hollywood) and the trip hop vibes sound very Pettibone (of the Erotica album) produced/influenced and indeed William Orbit too (Ray of Light/MDNA/Music) ALSO the talky style she does across the album are very grace jones-eque and she has really made it her own...i adore the echeos back to Disco studio 54 meets Chic vibes...very dirtydisco and very raw...i adore the tribal militant themes across the album...very unique and quite haunting and eerie!

i adore the allusions to contemporary artists Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar too with the Trap/Urban/Mid tempo/dream vibes in production too...it makes it all feel a bit more deeper and broader in spectrum which i am so impressed with....also i hear some lusty/sweay vibes that allude to the likes of Donna Summer...a nice allusion back to her solo debut stage as well.

Yeah overall BEYONCE is one of the most inspired contemporary pop albums i have heard in a while...and that is a lot for me to say but it is so very true....i am in awe of it. So to sum it up most definitely one of the biggest surprise events of the year....and already i feel is high placed in my albums of 201...cannot believe it...but it is true.

And i am glad it will get a physical release in its own right as for me...as a physical buyer of music that will be the real deal treat.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really loving the album. Blow and Partition are the filthiest songs I've heard since Justify My Love/Erotica.:D
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Beyonce - Beyonce

1. Blow, Partition, XO, Pretty Hurts, Jealous, Haunted.

2. 9/10.

3. Genius.

4. Hit and Miss. Pretty Hurts is pretty powerful. Love the Partition - Jealous sequence.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is her best ever album imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's absolutely amazing!! I love it!!

What's going on with tour tickets?! I thought they went on sale Monday, but people already have them.
    Forum Member
    her last two albums have been great and this is now the third …

oddly enough this album has many visual and melodical nods to Madonna but not in a copy cat way … it retains its own uniqueness while playing homage in places…. stunning work. And is it Kylie signing in french on a track?
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    It's absolutely amazing!! I love it!!

What's going on with tour tickets?! I thought they went on sale Monday, but people already have them.

Beyoncé had a presale on her website today. 02 Priority UK is having one tomorrow but I'm not sure of the time.
    I really want to see her in Dublin but I'm not optimistic because with her own presale and the mobile network's presale I bet that most of the tickets will be gone before the general sale on Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    the choreography on many of the videos is refreshingly original and fierce!!!
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Beyonce - Beyonce

1 - Superpower, XO, Partition, Heaven, Blue, Flawless and Blow.

2 - I LOVE it. All the songs are great and it's so exciting. I've had the whole thing on repeat since yesterday evening and I can't stop listening.
    The only criticism from me is that Rocket could probably be cut down by about 2/3 mins, it seems to go on too long without going anywhere.

3 - Genius. Everyone just went crazy for it and the risk appears to be paying off perfectly so far.

4 - The videos really do add something to a lot of the songs and they're a great addition to the album as a whole. I especially like the videos for Superpower and Pretty Hurts.

I've been waiting since bloody Feb for new music.. god Beyonce is such a tease.:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume soon we will be able to pre-order two different versions of the album :).

The one with all the sonvs and the one with the DVD...i know which i will be getting ;) YEEAH!

I just aore all of what i have heard and seen from it i cannot believe she has made an album that just feels so fresh, unique, exciting and just insane really.

It has a nightmarish, euphoria about the album...and i love the odes to Madonnas Erotica era musically and in imagery and echoes to grace jones, DOnna Summer, even the likes of The XX and Nine Inch Nails surreal alternative style and punky feminist vibes...i adore that.

It really is an album that truly feels ike the masterpiece it is (if that makes sense) that feel and vibe of the massive music events Madonna, MJ Bowie etc really crafted in music and here with Beyonce she has done it for the digital age something to change the game for artists in the future...to be inspired and focused in the music and imagery and be ahead of the game in thouvht and marketing...very very clever!

Also the reviews have been great and commercial response is INSANE :cool:

Proud to say i am definitely as of Friday 13th a Beyonce fan...SOLID! B|

Cannot wait to hold it now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First two singles are apparently Blow and Drunk In Love. Blow is for Europe.

I know it's probably a long way off, but I'm wondering what she's going to do for the Mrs Carter Tour DVD. She's obviously going to change the setlist when she starts again in February. She's not going to be able to fit every track from both tours onto one DVD disc...just won't be possible. I suppose she could do two discs, but it would be odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant find it on Amazon yet....do we know when the album will be available to order online...it hits stores physically ...today! so will hopefully be soon :).
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys just a quick question. Is the life is but a dream Blu ray the same as the documentary that was on BBC earlier this year?

What is the most recent live DVD? Is it the live at Rosland one? I already have that one thanks.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys just a quick question. Is the life is but a dream Blu ray the same as the documentary that was on BBC earlier this year?

What is the most recent live DVD? Is it the live at Rosland one? I already have that one thanks.

It's the documentary that was shown on BBC + The Revel Atlantic concert (first concert post pregnancy)

Some of performances from Bey's channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrWAOj0OeE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaXbRWMdAB0
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    It's the documentary that was shown on BBC + The Revel Atlantic concert (first concert post pregnancy)

Some of performances from Bey's channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrWAOj0OeE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaXbRWMdAB0

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not impressed with the Revel DVD at all. Awful editing. Also, the stage and lighting at the cocnert were absolutely incredible, however the filming of the DVD does not take this into account...we hardly ever actually see Beyonce close up in the DVD. It's all over the place. I find this a lot with her DVD's. The Roseland DVD was syched quite badly...a lot fo the time it looks liek she's miming, which we know she wasn't of course. I loved the I Am Tour and I understand what she was going for with the DVD, however I wish that when it flciks back between different countries that all of the clips were good quality...I hate that the whole thing looks like it was filmed with a video camera. The Vegas DVD was done quite well...it was filmed over three nights but it's been edited really well and flows. The best though si Beyocne Experience...great editing, it flows really well, synched perfectly. I really want her next DVD to be liek that, however I doubt that will happen as she's going to probably merge the 2013 our with the 2014 tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've bought tickets from Beyonce.com (turnupgroup). Does anyone know if I'll be sent tickets in the post or will they be e-tickets?